Where the Daft Punks @? and electronica..

I love Electronic Music, i listen to the following genres;

Hardstyle, Hard Trance, Hard House, Electro House, Acid House, Trance ( Some of its good, most of it is cheesy tbh ) and some Progressive House.

Down here the scene is pretty massive, Electro broke out down here early last year and its become huge everyone practically listens to it although to me it kinda feels its going a bit downhill, Hard Electronic music is pretty big down here aswell, theres alot of Clubs and events down here suited for the music, we're the ones who created the "Melbourne Shuffle", a dance style for Electronic music thats become pretty popular right up there with styles like Jumpstyle and Tecktonik.

Yeah, Melbournes a great place for Electronic Music <3

Anyways heres a Vid on Shuffling, will have tracks that I listen to in the videos aswell;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTYEIBK5X1o
Quote:I'm into electronic music, but mostly ambient/experimental stuff.

This ^^^^ I don't really like any other kinds.
(Aug. 30, 2008  4:15 AM)Sega Wrote: I love Electronic Music, i listen to the following genres;

Hardstyle, Hard Trance, Hard House, Electro House, Acid House, Trance ( Some of its good, most of it is cheesy tbh ) and some Progressive House.

Down here the scene is pretty massive, Electro broke out down here early last year and its become huge everyone practically listens to it although to me it kinda feels its going a bit downhill, Hard Electronic music is pretty big down here aswell, theres alot of Clubs and events down here suited for the music, we're the ones who created the "Melbourne Shuffle", a dance style for Electronic music thats become pretty popular right up there with styles like Jumpstyle and Tecktonik.

Anyways heres a Vid on Shuffling, will have tracks that I listen to in the videos aswell;

DUDe good post, that video is hot damn. It looks as if there is no friction, maad skills. Now i see how sick it can be.
Still I've know about the melbourne shuffle for a month or two
check this dude outHes not quite as good at shuffling, but combines with C-walk, imo its dope.

Yo Emily I saw that on Facebook. Im kinda interested, but i can't lie that I'd be kinda overwelmed/out of my element hahaha. Is this on going to be dope?
okay i'm actually going to post a serious post now.

Eurobeat, Speedcore, some dnb. Some grime too.

Eurobeat just makes me want to dance, and speedcore makes me want to hit something with all that energy.

Grime is something I've been recently introduced to, but some of it is pretty good. I gotta delve deeper though.

Dude I really want to learn the Melbourne Shuffle now haha

edit: maybe we can see this being used somewhere in bboying? Eee
Haha yeah try it out man, its a great dancestyle for Electronic music, every step should go with each beat out of the kick beat of the track, its a simple dancestyle but it takes a while to perfect, the great thing about it is that you can add your own type of style to it, do a different looking kick or spin ect.. Its all up to you really, theres no limits Smile.

If anyone is wondering what Hoodies those people are wearing they're club hoodies from the Nightclubs down here in Melbourne, the most popular on everyone wears is the PHD hoodie, but I find it funny seeing kids wearing them when they're not old enough to step into a Nightclub xD
I prefer Industrial/Synthpop/EBM/IDM
Yay for Colony 5 and their lyrics that make no sense!
Example: "Our Synchronised hearts, they beat as one, like a movie theme that's just begun" << Uhm..what?

Daft punk is cool though aswell. It grows on me after a while.
I love Daft Punk.

The one I miss is Mephisto Odeyssey. Now that was a good one.
(Aug. 30, 2008  4:15 AM)Sega Wrote: I love Electronic Music, i listen to the following genres;

Note: Most Trance that is bad usually is mainstream and european based and American's just carp it up even more. Acid Trance,Hard Trance,and Classic trance are pretty good.

I like Filter House(DAFT PUNK PRE Human After All),Funky House,Deep House, Acid House,And Chicago House.

I Also love me so JTEK,as Ken Ishii is the bomb.

I like some Old School Jungle and the more Funky stuff like Jazzstep and Liquid Funk, Neruostep is nice too. I sort have moved away from the darker jungle stuff. i.e Diesalboy, Evol Intent,Dom and Roland. They are still nice though.

Oh I hate Speed Core, IDM, Hard House(Sounds like circus music),And Dupstep puts me to sleep.

Jehu's Recommended Albums

Homework- Daft Punk
Any of Thomas Bangthalers Solo work
Enjoy-Bob Sinclar
Noomrise
Eyes-Commander Tom
Jetlag-Commander Tom
Billion Dollar Gravy-London Electricity
Timeless-Goldie
Brave Nu World- Nu Tone
High Society- High Contrast
Om Summer Sessions
Extra EP-Ken Ishii
Interpretations-Ken Ishii

I got a bunch more. Its just that I just woke up and Im lazy.
I can shuffle to the right.

Not to the left though....