When you first signed on to the WBO...

I searched around but didnt find a thread like this so im starting one.

What did you do when you first signed up? did you spam alot? did you make any friends? post about it here!

anyways, when I first signed up, i thought i was a (reasonably) good-behaved person. i dont think i spammed alot. one of the first threads i went to was the ask a question, get an answer thread. Daegor and Kai-V answered my nooby questions and I felt really welcome. so about 4 months later and like 600 post later, here i am!

what about you guys?
Haha, try not to bring back bad memories Pinching_eyes

I revived Momiji's intro thread, made a SPOILER with the emoticon get out, copied and pasted alot and got a 20% warning from fighting with Wraith. I have a 40% warning level.

I also asked a lot of questions through PMs when the answer was either right in front of me, or didnt even make sense.
What was the other warning for? I have a 20% warning <-- Off Topic, sorry
No need to brag about it, also do we have to know that?
(Jan. 07, 2011  4:37 AM)beybladefan80 Wrote: hahahahaahhah i have a 0 percent warning

you wont for long if you dont stop spamming...
(Jan. 07, 2011  4:40 AM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2011  4:37 AM)beybladefan80 Wrote: hahahahaahhah i have a 0 percent warning

Red_Eyes_Zombie is correct, its called spamming, beybladefan80, your completely off-topic. Being off-topic is spamming.
when i 1st came here i spamed a resonabale amount got a warning the bought something from akiras daddy to ease the pain lol
lol i made my first spam within the first couple days/week (cant remember which but i think it was days) and i got a warning for it and i felt bad for doing it, therefore i never spammed again, other than that i just read the beywiki like crazy and studied beyblade as much as i could, ah good times good times
Read a fair bit, did my fair share of lurking and made useful posts.

Certain people need to start doing this more.
I made a few people laugh. I played the "class clown" card for a little bit, but it got old really fast.
(Jan. 07, 2011  6:39 AM)Khel Wrote: Read a fair bit, did my fair share of lurking and made useful posts.

Certain people need to start doing this more.

I tried this, but looking back at how I used to type, I had the vocabulary of a country hick haha.

I was never really useful with posts though. More a regurgitation of what I saw around the forums.
Read the rules, make my posts in a way that I won't get warned.

I have never been warned yet as of January 7,2011

EDIT:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Philippi...#pid526556

It's now 10%
(Jan. 07, 2011  1:19 PM)momiji manju Wrote: I tried this, but looking back at how I used to type, I had the vocabulary of a country hick haha.

I was never really useful with posts though. More a regurgitation of what I saw around the forums.

Like an Austrailian country hick, or an American country hick?

I had the good fortune of following this community for years, so when.we eventually arrived at this board I knew the rules thoroughly and didn't cause any problems. I was a lot more involved in the Beyblade forums and actually able to help( when I could actually access thesite). Now because I don't blade anymore I leave that section mostly alone. I haven't even bought a beyblade since DEMS.
I had a particular fondness for the word "Y'all".
I also tend to do some pretty bad stuff, like posting a rickroll video on the internet videos section.
(Jan. 07, 2011  5:03 AM)Yu Tendou Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2011  4:40 AM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote:

Red_Eyes_Zombie is correct, its called spamming, beybladefan80, your completely off-topic. Being off-topic is spamming.

You also said you were offtopic in an earlier post, and thats not fair to yell at someone else for it.

When I first joined I created a post for my area, but no luck. Not many beybladers in PA that I can find. I did find 1 or 2 though luckily Smile
i asked aqua about the faces.
iDELETED
i ask kai-v 100000000000000000000000 time what to do
hmm.....i tried to post very little things and studyed up on beyblades and one time got a 20% warnig for being off topic..... there are some bladerers in my area mabe 9 or 10 i think..hmm thats all
Hah, I always read, read, and read. I barely asked questions, as most of the ones I asked were either which to pick and buy.

I was always scared about how my posts would be to other people, sort of like I would almost never make mistakes and usually keep it correct.

I don't have any warnings, and I plan to keep it that way.
Never spammed only used homophobic language to get warned . Mommiji must remember it....let's not talk bout it.the device I signed on was an iPad. I was pretty good about thinks made some noob posts but look at me now!10% wl
When I first signed on, I knew that at some point I would get trolled on here, as well as break a rule or two, haha. The latter had been accomplished four times. I now have 4 violations each with a score of 10%. Do the math.
When I came on here, I was pretty okay. I just lacked experience and had some weird opinions. I was also afraid to create threads since my first two were closed.

Hah, I had a much different approach then you all:
Basically, the first week or so, I boned up on beyblade by:
1. Reading BeyWiki.
2. Reading other members posts.
3. Rules.
4. Competitive Combo List.
5. THEN I posted. But I started off with non-controversial posts. (Build Me a Combo, etc.)
In that order, lolrulz. In any case, I believe this is the best way of going at posting properly here.
Edit: Haha, Ray: I did that as well, making our paths relatively the same.