When Variable and Impact are too hard to control strategy

For a while now I have been playing around with this strategy, and I've noticed that a lot of people are having issues controlling these two drivers. What I do instead of leaning the launcher forward for the rush shoot (sliding shoot), I lean the launcher backwards at the same angle (it might seem steep, but trust me... unless you usually lean further than 40 degrees) and slightly tilt the launcher to the left. This causes the bey to spin up to the top right corner and then continuously barrage the bey in the middle. This strategy also works against attack types. Top right is the furthest it should go. Since I've been using this for a while with hard launches, I can get it to start attacking by the time it reaches the top left corner. It's quite hard to get the hang of, but it's pretty simple to get it working to start with. Tell me how you guys get on if you're interested!
Interesting! I can see how this works. Not only for Variable and Impact, but for highly aggressive combos as well. I was using an aggressive Synchrome combo at the last tournament and I tilted forward and it KOed itself. That's when I realized I should've changed my launching position so I tilted it and moved my arms more so to the right and it worked. But I'll try this soon! Thanks. :)
(Dec. 20, 2016  3:19 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Interesting! I can see how this works. Not only for Variable and Impact, but for highly aggressive combos as well. I was using an aggressive Synchrome combo at the last tournament and I tilted forward and it KOed itself. That's when I realized I should've changed my launching position so I tilted it and moved my arms more so to the right and it worked. But I'll try this soon! Thanks. Smile

No problem! I'm happy to share my findings! I have been finding lots of strategies over time. If I remember them again, I'll be sure to post them!
Well the way I control Variable is once I reach the end of my string I left my launcher all little bit up to make it "fly" and the combo I use is Storm Spriggan Gravity Variable Hasbro version lol
(Dec. 20, 2016  4:09 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Well the way I control Variable is once I reach the end of my string I left my launcher all little bit up to make it "fly" and the combo I use is Storm Spriggan Gravity Variable Hasbro version lol

I think that is illegal though. Also, by doing that, you lose quite a bit of rotation on the harder landing.
I use the Slide Shoot to control my Variable.
(Dec. 20, 2016  5:37 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: I use the Slide Shoot to control my Variable.

When it's really worn down like most people's, it will be really hard to control. The rush shoot would be insufficient.
(Dec. 20, 2016  5:58 PM)KingVictory Wrote: When it's really worn down like most people's, it will be really hard to control. The rush shoot would be insufficient.

I'm not using the rush shoot, I'm using the slide shoot. You know, you tilt the launcher to the side than slide it forward when you rip?
(Dec. 20, 2016  7:58 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: I'm not using the rush shoot, I'm using the slide shoot. You know, you tilt the launcher to the side than slide it forward when you rip?

Sorry if you didn't know, but both of those are the same thing. I think there is a thread in the general section about it.
The Rush Launch is basically banking the launcher to the angle of the stadium.  The Slide Shoot you push the launcher forward as you bank the stadium and launch.
(Dec. 20, 2016  9:30 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: The Rush Launch is basically banking the launcher to the angle of the stadium.  The Slide Shoot you push the launcher forward as you bank the stadium and launch.

What do you mean by bank? Also, I launch like that anyway and it doesn't work properly. That's why I created this thread as an alternative method, as it has been much more effective for me Smile
I just read through the OP and I noticed the Slide Shoot in the parentheses, I'm sorry for mistaking your post...
It's true that the "rush shot" as shown in the anime is just banking without sliding. But it's much more difficult to get the proper movement pattern without the sliding motion, and you're more likely to waste energy by stalling for the first second or so of the battle.

Impact is difficult to control because the rubber does not actually extend far enough outside of the Driver to touch the floor, so it's really just an uneven plastic tip. Variable is just huge when it's worn down and has very little grip. This is why sliding shoot doesn't work with these Drivers.

This technique might make them more controllable, but I think both tips would still be too uncontrollable to use reliably. I would recommend using Xtreme, Accel, assault, Zephyr, or Trans over either Variable or Impact.

Still good advice for anyone looking to control these two Drivers.
(Dec. 20, 2016  10:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's true that the "rush shot" as shown in the anime is just banking without sliding. But it's much more difficult to get the proper movement pattern without the sliding motion, and you're more likely to waste energy by stalling for the first second or so of the battle.

Impact is difficult to control because the rubber does not actually extend far enough outside of the Driver to touch the floor, so it's really just an uneven plastic tip. Variable is just huge when it's worn down and has very little grip. This is why sliding shoot doesn't work with these Drivers.

This technique might make them more controllable, but I think both tips would still be too uncontrollable to use reliably. I would recommend using Xtreme, Accel, assault, Zephyr, or Trans over either Variable or Impact.

Still good advice for anyone looking to control these two Drivers.

Thank you! Grin