What the anime series lacks to be considered good?

"This thread laspost was made more than 365 days ago. Please only reply if you have a good reason to."

lol hope you like reading walls of text by me!

Been feeling rather good today really so I might as well open up and actually converse on this subject. Since the anime is always bashed for being for "kids" and is attacked for reasons that have gone easily forgotten. Allow me to say that there ARE messages in this series, some of them are actually pretty heavy and play off of the characters' personality and them falling into it is all justified and you could expect them to be in that situation. Not to mention that there is a huge level of symbolism that is represented in the bey battles (Mostly in the first season really) which makes the charm of the bey battles be as they are. Not to mention this is actually weight in some battles when there is a lot on the line a perfect example is Gingka vs Rytaro during battle bladers.

Since before hand Gingka made a promise to his father that if he loses before he faces ryuga he will quit beyblading while believe it or not he was fighting Dark nebula puppets along the way which honestly did enforce his battle spirit so if he couldn't beat them. His promise comes off as empty, not only that beyblading IS his identity which that lost would completely destroy him. Ryutaro on the other hand after witnessing the defeat of the kumasukae brothers, Tetsuya, and tobio (Assuming he didn't watch Dan and Raikis battle) as well as realizing that he is only a pawn he has come to this nasty reality that in order to save his skin and to change the future he has to defeat Gingka. This not only gives us background on both characters but there reasons for battling actually has something called 'weight' to it. Making both sides having a solid reason to battle.

Another look of messaging in the series of course is the ideal of "blader spirit" to promote the heroic message of the series, sadly Hyoma the one who pretty much bet his spirit on his match is rather....ignored for that reason. Since lolblader spirit is the only message. though considering hyoma was the character who actually acted more on the cautious side this places him in a zone of his bet feeling legitimate since his battle with Rejii not only did he place his blader spirit on the line he was also of course going against the message the series enforced so critically. Showing off that eventually our spirit can be put out and when we enforce it for our victory only to end up in an embarrassing defeat it puts a lot more thought on Hyoma. also considering he shows up again a few times and he doesn't say a word about blader spirit it's of course shown that he himself pretty much loyal to that bet....Wait a minuteIi talked about this before....oh, oh well. nothing wrong with repeating I suppose...

symbolism is shown mostly in the first season, I ain't talkin bout the facebolt creatures or there special moves but actually the combination of how the creature as well as the beyblade work as one. A prime example is the opening shot of the battle between Storm Pegasis and Storm Capricorn and as Blader DJ said. "Two bursts of wind, two storms clashing" almost as if the fusion wheels had a ability taken into consideration.

Don't really need to discuss how dark bull is shown off as it is, same as killer gemious and gravity pursues, and killer befawl. It's rather interesting since the combos and how they are set up are taken into deeper thought and you can actually see the understanding of how they are. While you can make the argument of how the designs reflect off of the design off the character such as Gingka, Chi-yun , Masamuna, etc... As of course those are simple looks to the character and easy to read off of.

So I honestly don't understand how this series gets so much dislike when there are things like stated previously that of course aren't to bad really, though I think of it as a rather interesting anime...can't say the same for Metal Fury ....found that to be boring honestly.
Honestly? It's a toy commercial. There are some cool moments and I won't say the writing is uniformly bad — and actually I think it qualifies as "good" in some parts of seasons 1 and 3 — but it's generally poorly-animated and if you don't like playing with spinning tops in real life you're probably not going to like watching cartoon characters play with uglier, more ridiculous versions of them.
They should of carried on more characters in to zero g. They put Ginga, Madoka, and Benki in the zero g but why not Kenta or Keoya? What about Ryuga? I know that some people think he died but he teleported he did it a few episodes before his "death" and who dies like that? It was clearly him teleporting.

And if your thinking that I took the argument of if Ryuga died too far I didn't. People just didn't take it far enough yet.
(Aug. 29, 2015  12:08 AM)MWF Wrote: They should of carried on more characters in to zero g. They put Ginga, Madoka, and Benki in the zero g but why not Kenta or Keoya? What about Ryuga? I know that some people think he died but he teleported he did it a few episodes before his "death" and who dies like that? It was clearly him teleporting.

And if your thinking that I took the argument of if Ryuga died too far I didn't. People just didn't take it far enough yet.

it's shown that Ldrago rides him from place to place and in metal fury he literally walks area to area as well, so it's a strange way of transportation really.

Those characters aren't really considered very valid in 4DS aside from refrences of past events in the previous seasons but the focus was on beating Gingka and only Gingka which was more than enough of a motivation. (Apparently)

And who dies like that? Well let's back up a bit in the series for a moment. Here is some parts in the anime where people looked like they died but didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w3Zwgvdy9U - only to reappear in Season 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFu2TT-xByo - Apperently they reawaken in the season finale

https://youtu.be/a78LwvHNlaM?t=3m16s - In the next episode "Broken Wings" the bodies of Dan and Raiki don't reappear, let alone you don't hear them grunt. As far as I'm personally concerned,Tsubasa flat out killed them until battle bladers.

https://youtu.be/EahTdttZuVM?t=11m4s - According to this, Zigarat and a mass majority of his scientists were killed in the internal destruction of the Spiral core incident,conveniently Jack and Damian remained unharmed through it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hpb_VKgoJs - The way everyone was knocked out at the end of this match, you could've easily fooled me personally.

So,eh....Don't get to easily fooled.
Has a Beyblade character ever actually died? (I know a lot of people think Kai did only to be revived in the finale because of Dranzer's nature as a phoenix. Who knows, but since he came back I don't think it counts.)
DranzerX13 does think that two scientists died in Beyblade 2002 in the crash, but do I really care about that season.

Besides that whole ZO story, I am not certain that anybody important ever died.
Rago died didn't he? Along with Pluto.

The anime a few times lacks variety, well MFB does, I like how the old gen felt more natural and they did other things other thing beyblade.
Oh, Yuuya is very unclear too.

Why is 2002 such a screwed up season.
Weird Yuuya died, does the other ones who use the Cyber bit beasts die in the raw version?
I thought Yuuya was traumatized or possibly brain-damaged, not killed.
(Sep. 05, 2015  1:08 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2015  12:08 AM)MWF Wrote: They should of carried on more characters in to zero g. They put Ginga, Madoka, and Benki in the zero g but why not Kenta or Keoya? What about Ryuga? I know that some people think he died but he teleported he did it a few episodes before his "death" and who dies like that? It was clearly him teleporting.

it's shown that Ldrago rides him from place to place and in metal fury he literally walks area to area as well, so it's a strange way of transportation really.

Those characters aren't really considered very valid in 4DS aside from refrences of past events in the previous seasons but the focus was on beating Gingka and only Gingka which was more than enough of a motivation. (Apparently)

And who dies like that? Well let's back up a bit in the series for a moment. Here is some parts in the anime where people looked like they died but didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w3Zwgvdy9U - only to reappear in Season 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFu2TT-xByo - Apperently they reawaken in the season finale

https://youtu.be/a78LwvHNlaM?t=3m16s - In the next episode "Broken Wings" the bodies of Dan and Raiki don't reappear, let alone you don't hear them grunt. As far as I'm personally concerned,Tsubasa flat out killed them until battle bladers.

https://youtu.be/EahTdttZuVM?t=11m4s - According to this, Zigarat and a mass majority of his scientists were killed in the internal destruction of the Spiral core incident,conveniently Jack and Damian remained unharmed through it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hpb_VKgoJs - The way everyone was knocked out at the end of this match, you could've easily fooled me personally.

So,eh....Don't get to easily fooled.

Your forgetting at the end of Keoya vs Ryuga Keoya had a huge spike of dark energy right through his chest and was still there for metal fury
(Sep. 05, 2015  1:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I thought Yuuya was traumatized or possibly brain-damaged, not killed.

Not in the original : http://animemanga.worldbeyblade.org/inde...uya_Minami
that's definitely the most messed up plotline in beyblade history and reading it without the cute cartoon imagery is kind of terrifying
Metal fight had a coherent stacking story while bakuten shoot story was all over the place. I also felt the other supporting characters had a little more relevance in MF then in bakuten shoot. Although I felt the lead characters san Tyson were way more fleshed out then he was. Beyblade wise the plastic series just was better..face it..
(Sep. 05, 2015  6:40 PM)HolyDarkDragoon Wrote: Beyblade wise the plastic series just was better..face it..

What does this mean?

I think those stories felt more "all over the place" just because the characters were intentionally the focus, and all they were doing is traveling from tournament to tournament in different countries. The first season especially, seemed to me, to be designed with variety in mind.
(Sep. 05, 2015  6:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2015  6:40 PM)HolyDarkDragoon Wrote: Beyblade wise the plastic series just was better..face it..

What does this mean?

I think those stories felt more "all over the place" just because the characters were intentionally the focus, and all they were doing is traveling from tournament to tournament in different countries. The first season especially, seemed to me, to be designed with variety in mind.

"Beyblade" as in the product they were promoting on the tv show.

Another thing I liked about MFB is that the lead and the main cast werent always the strongest characters whereas I felt that the original was too dbz-esque in it's power tiers. It just felt unfair that a small group could be allowed to be tier one while everyone else was lagging.
(Sep. 05, 2015  10:09 PM)SpyralAgent37NW Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2015  6:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

What does this mean?

"Beyblade" as in the product they were promoting on the tv show.

Another thing I liked about MFB is that the lead and the main cast werent always the strongest characters whereas I felt that the original was too dbz-esque in it's power tiers. It just felt unfair that a small group could be allowed to be tier one while everyone else was lagging.

This went through my radar though there is a few things wrong though minor but I do agree.

i mean lets face it, all of the blade breaker members were pretty much OP, the moment they were said to face off against anyone. It's clear that they had the victory, sure they struggled but really there wasn't much doubt that they would win, same with most of the enemies they came across. The only one I can think of that was an ongoing threat was Zeo and ozuma other enemies were pretty much talk or greatly degrated (lol kenny being remotely as strong let alone pushing tala back, please gimme a break.)

Though I never felt that kind of energy with Gan gan Galaxy, which is one of the few thing I'll praise about MFB over plastics is that the power the main team had wasn't OP in fact in most battles (notably metal masters) it was clear that the set up of the team ahead could be more than enough to push them back.

-First match with Team Excaliber showed that Gingkas team isn't as strong as they thought they'd be, since prior

-Match with Wild Fang got pretty dirty seeing that not only 3/4 of the members on the team were pushed to there 100% in order to remotely stand a chance against Wild Fang, who had 2/4 members be at there 100%. Quite the game changer, seeing as how basically each match, wild fang had the advantage. Mentally with masamune, strategy wise with Tsubasa, as well as power wise with Gingka.

Seeing the characters struggle and actually need to change things up for the better or worse side of things is what kept the pace interesting in MM, not to say MF or Shogun Steel lacked it, it's just when in terms of teams, MM had some interesting set up per-team and showing off which ones are in the higher leagues.
They're definitely OP, but to me, they seem more well developed, and ISN'T frickin Ryuga!

That said, I like the challenge that Gan Gan Galaxy face although I felt as if Tsubasa won more than he should have, leaving Masamune to lose lots of them, but it was still unpredictable. This is why I fairly enjoyed the subbed first two MFB series despite complaints.
metal fury was garbage for whole bunch of reasons...

Yeah, though think about it @[J.I.N.B.E.E!] out of everyone on gan gan Galaxy, Tsubasa was obviously a fan favorite and was one of the most developed of the characters (dude got an origin story, it was clear they liked him a lot). I can see why he won some matches and some where he shouldn't have won at all I.E Chi-Yun, shoulda been a tie. That akward moment when you realize Masamune only won 2 battles while he did win 3, that leone moment was complete BS and will never aknowledge that as his victory but....oh well...
(Oct. 22, 2015  1:16 AM)Meta madness Wrote: metal fury was garbage for whole bunch of reasons...

Yeah, though think about it @[J.I.N.B.E.E!] out of everyone on gan gan Galaxy, Tsubasa was obviously a fan favorite and was one of the most developed of the characters (dude got an origin story, it was clear they liked him a lot). I can see why he won some matches and some where he shouldn't have won at all I.E Chi-Yun, shoulda been a tie. That akward moment when you realize Masamune only won 2 battles while he did win 3, that leone moment was complete BS and will never aknowledge that as his victory but....oh well...

Oh god, Metal Fury was BORING! No matter if it was dubbed or raw though the dubbed version was more annoying due to it's voices, for an awesome toyline, the shows season was not.

Yeah, I guess it was probably done for fan service, I think Masamune should have won against Zeo though, but I guess they didn't have enough Ryuga wins. I actually thought Tsubasa would beat Kyoya but he didn't, I mean, Tsubasa almost defeated Lighting LDrago as it used the absorbed energy I presume, while Kyoya fought the raw version of him as Ryuga mentioned he would fight him with his own power.
(Oct. 22, 2015  1:16 AM)Meta madness Wrote: metal fury was garbage for whole bunch of reasons...

@[Meta madness] - Just curious, why do you dislike Metal Fury?

I mean I don't really care for the series as it was meh for me.
(Oct. 22, 2015  1:26 AM)Momohimi Wrote:

@[Meta madness] - Just curious, why do you dislike Metal Fury?

I mean I don't really care for the series as it was meh for me.

guess you guys aren't to used to me actually getting into things...

Metal Fury I will say actually got something right that I wish the 1st gen did was bring in the well known characters from the previous seasons into it. Tobio remotely being able to stand a chance against Tsubasa while it bugged me was very nice, not to mention that all the teams (Except 2) even made an appearance.

Though let me get into the grass about this...

The selection of "legend bladers" were pretty dumb, I mean Tao is one of the few who i could buy being a legendary blader and his skill makes up for it. Chris shouldn't be one as he seemed to not know anything about his beyblades potential. Gingkas little friend was more annoying then helpful, he pretty much added in the annoying factor (a character I will say I prefer in the dub rather than the original).

Personally you could call me a lack of new character bladers but really, if you switch in certain characters for the new ones. You can seal the deal with it completely, replace dynamis with Ryutaro and King with Julian. You don't see much of a difference at all. Since some are either reskins or already have a few qualities that a character prior had.

The plot dragged completely, kyoya while he isn't my favorite character of MFB was one of the better ones in the season because honestly, he pretty much called BS on everything about the legendary bladers. The motivations of reviving nemesis was bleh, since it was built up in seasons 1 and 2 that they were preparing for the revival of nemesis. It felt underwhelming, dojis return was nice but his character was completely changed, going from a serious comedic foe, to an annoying handyman.

I know the legendary bladers are supposed to be OP but really, most of them don't seem to be as powerful as they should be. The only exceptions being Ryuga and dynamis as they actually felt like they earned the title. Everyone else, was standard. As soon as a legendary blader came onto the battlefield, we know who won. Only one who actually changed that was Yu who actually managed to shake 2 of them completely.

Just so many problems, way to many.

(Oct. 22, 2015  1:24 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Yeah, I guess it was probably done for fan service, I think Masamune should have won against Zeo though, but I guess they didn't have enough Ryuga wins. I actually thought Tsubasa would beat Kyoya but he didn't, I mean, Tsubasa almost defeated Lighting LDrago as it used the absorbed energy I presume, while Kyoya fought the raw version of him as Ryuga mentioned he would fight him with his own power.

lol opinions on the zeo, masamune match.

Tsubasas strategy is his greatest edge, which is why he got so far in that match, Kyoya pretty much said "Screw it." When it comes to Raw power, Kyoya has a devestating edge over Ryuga.
King sort of seemed suited as legendary, seeing as his transformation is pretty cool, Ryuga and Dunamis I can agree with being suited, the rest, I dunno, as much as I like Titi and LOVE Death Quetzalcoatl, Titi seems more like a stronger team member from the world championships rather than legend blader, even though he wasted Yu, many can, even Enzo. The rest are the same, Chris and Aguma would be better as team leaders.
Yeah, though the qualifications to be a legendary blader was pretty trash, since only like.... 3/4 actually fit the role. I'm not counting the child of the black sun since lets face it, his power was pretty legit. Though, if he actually got variaries' energy then he'd be unstoppable....

But like I said before metal fury got something right, that is bringing back characters from other seasons into it, though I don't know how I should feel about Jack getting rekt by jigsaw with one attack since Jigsaw didn't remotely stand a chance against Tsubasa while Jack did. I think that was another problem with metal Fury was everyones power ratio.

Best example is Tobi, lets not forget in the last season. He could do this(mind you he had Basalt Horoguim but even without it, his blader power should still be at that level without the beyblade)

- Spiral dimension ( Creating a legit blackhole )
- Powering the Spiral Core ( A power source that was literally stronger then both Ldrago and Pegasis)
- He could eradicate any source of life with a simple blink.

Talk about a downgrade...
(Oct. 22, 2015  2:17 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Yeah, though the qualifications to be a legendary blader was pretty trash, since only like.... 3/4 actually fit the role. I'm not counting the child of the black sun since lets face it, his power was pretty legit. Though, if he actually got variaries' energy then he'd be unstoppable....

But like I said before metal fury got something right, that is bringing back characters from other seasons into it, though I don't know how I should feel about Jack getting rekt by jigsaw with one attack since Jigsaw didn't remotely stand a chance against Tsubasa while Jack did. I think that was another problem with metal Fury was everyones power ratio.

Best example is Tobi, lets not forget in the last season. He could do this(mind you he had Basalt Horoguim but even without it, his blader power should still be at that level without the beyblade)

- Spiral dimension ( Creating a legit blackhole )
- Powering the Spiral Core ( A power source that was literally stronger then both Ldrago and Pegasis)
- He could eradicate any source of life with a simple blink.

Talk about a downgrade...

Agreed... I know keeping Basalt Horogium would probably do damage to Tobi, but why did he have to use a weaker blade which is like flicking a brick wall. Flame Byxis, Zeo seemed fine using it later on Metal Masters so why didn't he keep that?

I was also sort of bothered that Tsubasa could stand up to Jigsaw easily when he should have given Tsubasa a beating, he was one of my favourite characters along with one of my favourite beyblades and I wanted to see him return, but his last appearance was fainting which sucks... HARD!

About the Legend Bladers, Kyoya sort of qualifies as one enough for me, though I would have liked to see a glowing green tornado, I think Kenta does as he develops though I'm not sure about that, the only one I feel who has no redeeming quality to be a legend blader asides from his beyblades theme is Yuki, hes almost useless and I don't recall him winning very much unless Ginga was with him. Also its strange how Aguma is actually lost against Titi despite the appearance of special moves, I have to admit, its pretty unpredictable but Titi beats Aguma? Umm... okay whatever they say. I also thought King would be the leader of the solar system and be one of the strongest (which is still possible) due to the glorification of left/dual spinners, so I kinda expected him to finish Chris off.

The legend bladers stuff is mostly just me nitpicking though.