What is the point of single layers?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind single layers. I just don't see what relevance they ever had to the anime and why they were released and why beys like Minoboros or Evipero (Evil-Eye) have single layers. Sometimes I just don't understand the logic. Releasing really cool beys with awesome gimmicks and not putting them in the Anime or Manga is just weird. If this sounds stupid, I'm new to the Burst scene (3 months in) and now with God being done and Chouzetsu coming, I have a lot to learn.
Well I think it was TT trying to see if the new series would “stick”. Basically it was like a test run I think
They were in the manga and it's like the Pre-Hybrid Metal Wheels. A simplified version that's released so they can work out any issues in production and sales before moving onto the main event shown in the Anime
single layer beys are an abasolute blast to play when limited to themselves. they are crazy in the stadium. try them out if you haven’t in a while. i like them much more than dual layer, as a personal preference.
Evipero E1 Wing Needle is not only the very best single layer beyblade but one of the best beyblades in general.
I love the original burst system, and it has WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better parts than the dual layer system, well, until the god layer system came out