What is a protector ring?

My son has been asking for a new Beyblade with a "protector ring". He said he had two but they both broke. I have looked this up online but cannot find anything. Could someone help me understand what he is talking about so I can get him the right Beyblade. Maybe there is another term for this and this term might just be a regional thing. (Eastcoast Canada)
He might be talking about Dead Phoenix and Revive Phoenix since they both have protective armor
(Feb. 22, 2020  2:23 PM)cheezus Wrote: My son has been asking for a new Beyblade with a "protector ring". He said he had two but they both broke. I have looked this up online but cannot find anything. Could someone help me understand what he is talking about so I can get him the right Beyblade. Maybe there is another term for this and this term might just be a regional thing. (Eastcoast Canada)

If you could ask him to give you the broken ones and you take a picture of them and post a link to the picture we might be able to determine what they are. I don’t think he knows the real name of the part.
(Feb. 22, 2020  2:24 PM)Nik P. Wrote: He might be talking about Dead Phoenix and Revive Phoenix since they both have protective armor

Ok. I'll take a look at those. Could it possibly be this? Takaratomy Beyblade Burst B-82 Booster Alter Chronos.6M.T God Layer System - I noticed there is an extra layer/component in these that looks like it could be a protective ring?

https://www.amazon.ca/Takaratomy-Beyblad...8-2-fkmr2#
(Feb. 22, 2020  2:34 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2020  2:23 PM)cheezus Wrote: My son has been asking for a new Beyblade with a "protector ring". He said he had two but they both broke. I have looked this up online but cannot find anything. Could someone help me understand what he is talking about so I can get him the right Beyblade. Maybe there is another term for this and this term might just be a regional thing. (Eastcoast Canada)

If you could ask him to give you the broken ones and you take a picture of them and post a link to the picture we might be able to determine what they are. I don’t think he knows the real name of the part.

Great idea!! I will do that as soon as he gets home!
Yeah its better to take a picture to avoid getting the wrong thing.

My guess would also be the Phoenix beys with their armor, or some sort of disk frame.

Big Bang Genesis also has a protective ring but its still newly released so I doubt your son managed to break two already.
(Feb. 22, 2020  2:35 PM)cheezus Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2020  2:24 PM)Nik P. Wrote: He might be talking about Dead Phoenix and Revive Phoenix since they both have protective armor

Ok. I'll take a look at those. Could it possibly be this? Takaratomy Beyblade Burst B-82 Booster Alter Chronos.6M.T God Layer System - I noticed there is an extra layer/component in these that looks like it could be a protective ring?

https://www.amazon.ca/Takaratomy-Beyblad...8-2-fkmr2#

No it’s not, it’s just a way to switch from attack to stamina

It doesn’t “protect” it at all