What is a good source for products.

I'm new to this...I've played dozens of games over the years.  But I'm finding it very difficult to understand why some Beyblade products are 2 or 3 times more.expensive than Hasbro counterpart.  Is the imported Bey better quality or just way cooler.  I'm even worried to buy online because there's no references like a catalogue or checklist.

Any advice is appreciated...I'd like.to collect but don't want to waste.my time on fake stuff.  And if some.of the best beys are imported and premium np but it'd be nice to know that upfront.

✌✌✌✌
First, you are importing something from another country. Shipping, even if listed as "free", is a factor. (It wasn't actually free.) Then, if someone bought it from a store, they will have you pay a bit more so that they can make a profit. Profit makes what they do worth it, as it takes their time and effort.

Then, there is a rarity factor. Some beys are rare or random, and so it makes sense to mark up the beys that are more desirable especially if people won't buy the lesser beys that were gotten when trying to get the good ones.

That's my thought on the matter, anyway. I'm no expert.

I just use eBay. pvccard.expert and skyliners2012 are as cheap as you can get for most beys, and they're trusted Hong Kong sellers by folks in the community here. You just have to be willing to wait for them. My first order was delayed a few days because of customs, likely due to the particular label having tiny print. Took a bit under 2 weeks. Waiting on some others to come in now.
That was great feedback. I guess it makes sense. Theres more offered in Hong Kong/Korea than here. So the shipping and handling and duty inflates the price.

But now I will look for a tool that gives both names...I'm looking for a Wyvron W2 but it seems that the tomy beys use different names altogether.

Thanks Fox
Yes, anything you are going to buy in your own country (unless it's in Asia) is going to be more expensive, because that person had to buy it from Asia, and then they're re-selling it. Add more profit and shipping costs, and that's the new price. In the US at least, individual beys are usually only about $10-15 more (in my experience), which can be worth it if you want something more quickly.

Stadiums are the really costly things, because they're not just little toys. Shipping blows up that price.

And yes, Hasbro renamed many of the Beyblades. The wiki lists all God Layer/Switchstrike parts here and the older Burst parts here, and I think that's the quickest way to see the different names. (If there's no official Hasbro name yet, they just list the Takara-Tomy one again, though.)

Going to a part's page will also tell you what different Beyblades hold that part, and then you can figure out which to buy. I find that helpful to look through.
(Mar. 31, 2018  1:58 PM)bladehateslayer Wrote: I'm looking for a Wyvron W2

It's called Wild Wyvern.
If you're looking for the switch-strike (upgraded) version,  Takara Tomy's version is called Tornado Wyvern. tW.4G.At to be specific
It's one of the most expensive beyblades from the burst series because it's a prize bey from random booster #8, making it quite rare
For Tornado Wyvern, you're better off just buying the B-98 God Customize Set, which goes for roughly $50 USD at its cheapest legit/not-scamming. (You'll be paying $40+ for tW.4G.At anyway, due to rarity, unless you want to play the random booster game.) This comes with the parts of 4 beys, and there's a lot of competitive parts in that.

The Tornado Wyvern combination in the GCS is a different coloring and different parts than the regular one, but if it's the layer you want, it's there. tW.4G.At (the regular one) is Tornado Wyvern layer with 4 core disc, Glaive frame, and Atomic driver. Other beys in the GCS come with the 4 disc and Atomic driver, so the only piece you don't get is the Glaive frame. You can buy B-89 Blast Jinnius for that one (about $15 at the cheapest legit).

GCS is the often recommended set for getting going with Takara-Tomy or battling competitively in general. It's a lot of good competitive parts. Here is the WBO's video on it, so you can get a better look. Just know that the bit on Ark Bahamut has been proven to be off, as it's proven to be yet another good part in the set with being in winning tournament combinations

The God Customize Set doesn't come with launchers though, and 2 of the beys in the set are left-spin. I think that's worth knowing.
 ...unless you want to play the random booster game...

Had no idea that there were booster packs.

You can buy B-89 Blast Jinnius for that one (about $15 at the cheapest legit).

I'm guessing that that is the light up portion of it.

GCS is the often recommended set for getting going with Takara-Tomy or battling competitively in general.

From what I saw at today's competition Sprizen (?) Is the one to really go for.  I can check the GCS out.  Thanks for the tips.
(Apr. 01, 2018  12:36 AM)bladehateslayer Wrote: Had no idea that there were booster packs.

Yeah, in Japan, they have booster packs with whole Beyblades and also ones with just layers. That's part of why things get expensive, because of randomness and things like that. Hasbro just releases everything equally (though they might not release everything).

Gotta be sure you read things carefully. Many new buyers mistake the booster packs for having the listed "prize Beyblade" or all of them in one box, but it's just a random booster with one inside.

(Apr. 01, 2018  12:36 AM)bladehateslayer Wrote: I'm guessing that that is the light up portion of it.

Light up? Not sure what you mean? Glaive is a frame, which goes around the metal disc. Glaive's wiki page is here.. B-89 is probably is the easiest way to get that frame, and it's a popular frame competitively.

(Apr. 01, 2018  12:36 AM)bladehateslayer Wrote: From what I saw at today's competition Sprizen (?) Is the one to really go for.  I can check the GCS out.  Thanks for the tips.

The Spriggan Requiem layer (Sr) is definitely one of the top parts, and its B-100 also comes with the awesome 0 disc. But the God Customize Set's parts are also really good. If you look at the lists, you'll see 7, 4, Bump, Star, Atomic, Bearing...all are in GCS.

But yeah, do your research before you buy anything, that's really important.
Any suggestion as to where I can find these loose pieces?

Disc - 0, 1, 2, 7
Layer - meteor, vortex, cross and glaive
Tip - atomic, Trans and needle
(Apr. 14, 2018  11:33 PM)bladehateslayer Wrote: Any suggestion as to where I can find these loose pieces?

Disc  - 0, 1, 2, 7
Layer - meteor, vortex, cross and glaive
Tip - atomic, Trans and needle

The God Customize set will give you 1, 2, 7, Meteor, and Atomic in one box. But otherwise, you can research them on the wiki. For instance, the page for 0 notes the 3 beys that include it.
Use amazon.com or ebay. It has good offers with shipping. I prefer amazon due to it's prime system, very fast shipping and has pretty good offers on beyblade.
If you’re still looking to get Tornado Wyvern or the God Customize Set, I’ve cheapest legit prices on this thread I made - go check it, and look for the links of what you want ?

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Best-Go...ls-on-eBay
(Apr. 15, 2018  1:59 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: Use amazon.com or ebay. It has good offers with shipping. I prefer amazon due to it's prime system, very fast shipping and has pretty good offers on beyblade.

I prefer eBay because I can avoid being scammed because people here have pointed out sellers that aren't scammers.

Amazon itself won't sell Takara-Tomy Beyblades, so you must buy from third-party sellers and therefore are taking a risk. I've been scammed before on a different purchase from Japan, and though Amazon eventually refunded me, I had to wait to find out and I would've rather not wasted time and just got it right to begin with.
Any updates on this stuff? From eBay (in general,) I've seen a higher majority of Rapidity + Scalpers. Trying to see about getting into Beyblade Burst, but it's fair discouraging with how hard it is to find the parts I want within a decent price range. (Mostly going for Defense + Stamina Beys, focusing on the "meta" parts and using Wyvron as I see fit.)
(Apr. 29, 2018  2:50 AM)FT-Sprite Wrote: Any updates on this stuff? From eBay (in general,) I've seen a higher majority of Rapidity + Scalpers. Trying to see about getting into Beyblade Burst, but it's fair discouraging with how hard it is to find the parts I want within a decent price range. (Mostly going for Defense + Stamina Beys, focusing on the "meta" parts and using Wyvron as I see fit.)

I suggest you check out the thread leosama has linked a couple posts up. He's been working on that, and it has the cheapest prices from proven-good eBay sellers for Takara-Tomy Burst Beyblades.

Granted, nothing's changed, but if you haven't been looking in the right places, you've been missing those since the beginning.

If you personally don't believe the prices in that thread to be good enough, unfortunately, you may need to rethink if Beyblade Burst is a good fit for you. (At least, if you must buy online, anyway.) Because that's really just the way it is with pricing online.
(Apr. 29, 2018  3:58 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2018  2:50 AM)FT-Sprite Wrote: Any updates on this stuff? From eBay (in general,) I've seen a higher majority of Rapidity + Scalpers. Trying to see about getting into Beyblade Burst, but it's fair discouraging with how hard it is to find the parts I want within a decent price range. (Mostly going for Defense + Stamina Beys, focusing on the "meta" parts and using Wyvron as I see fit.)

I suggest you check out the thread leosama has linked a couple posts up. He's been working on that, and it has the cheapest prices from proven-good eBay sellers for Takara-Tomy Burst Beyblades.

Granted, nothing's changed, but if you haven't been looking in the right places, you've been missing those since the beginning.

If you personally don't believe the prices in that thread to be good enough, unfortunately, you may need to rethink if Beyblade Burst is a good fit for you. (At least, if you must buy online, anyway.) Because that's really just the way it is with pricing online.

Looking through it now. Unfortunately, everything that I see there is either in an abbreviation that I don't recognize (As I'm new to the Burst scene,) or the list doesn't have the Beys. (I don't understand this forum's formatting, so I'm gonna leave this as is.)
(Apr. 29, 2018  4:31 AM)FT-Sprite Wrote: Looking through it now. Unfortunately, everything that I see there is either in an abbreviation that I don't recognize (As I'm new to the Burst scene,) or the list doesn't have the Beys. (I don't understand this forum's formatting, so I'm gonna leave this as is.)

Here, I'll try to help you out.

Here's the product list from the wiki, and if you know the product number, you should be able to find it in leosama's thread.

If you can find the part you're looking for in the wiki, you can use it to tell you what item/pack/whatever you can find it in. Each individual part's page will have a list of all the products that contain it.

This forum is built with myBB, which is in a family of some classic/older forum software. It uses BB Code, which all the forums used to use. So if you quote somebody and want to reply to it, you want to write it after the last [/quote] so it's not included with the other person's words.

No worries, all these things take some time to get the hang of. Feel free to ask about anything, whether bey or forum related. :)
(Apr. 29, 2018  4:41 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2018  4:31 AM)FT-Sprite Wrote: Looking through it now. Unfortunately, everything that I see there is either in an abbreviation that I don't recognize (As I'm new to the Burst scene,) or the list doesn't have the Beys. (I don't understand this forum's formatting, so I'm gonna leave this as is.)

Here, I'll try to help you out.

Here's the product list from the wiki, and if you know the product number, you should be able to find it in leosama's thread.

If you can find the part you're looking for in the wiki, you can use it to tell you what item/pack/whatever you can find it in. Each individual part's page will have a list of all the products that contain it.

This forum is built with myBB, which is in a family of some classic/older forum software. It uses BB Code, which all the forums used to use. So if you quote somebody and want to reply to it, you want to write it after the last so it's not included with the other person's words. No worries, all these things take some time to get the hang of. Feel free to ask about anything, whether bey or forum related. :)
Thanks. I was looking for this list, but I couldn't find it. I'll take a look through it and see if I can find the parts I kind of want.
(Apr. 29, 2018  4:47 AM)FT-Sprite Wrote: Thanks. I was looking for this list, but I couldn't find it. I'll take a look through it and see if I can find the parts I kind of want.

Happy to help!

I talked to leosama and he's worked to update the thread so it's not all abbreviations, so hopefully that helps! Feel free to comment there if you think of any kind of suggestions.