What are you getting for christmas? (now what did you get)

shikamaru: That is an amazing poster. *drool*
Dreamborn: I heart Cyberdog stuff! <3 Take a picture of it or something when you get it....
Pikachao: I think I'm gonna do the Xbox thing with a PS2......I don't really like the originals Xboxs......
^^ you like cyberdog stuff? You should see mine and Paige's wardrobe, jam packed full of the stuff xD
(Dec. 17, 2008  3:02 PM)yruahippo Wrote: shikamaru: That is an amazing poster. *drool*

I know, the girl that gave me this is a saint. 0Smile
(Dec. 16, 2008  9:44 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2008  8:37 PM)neek_alert Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2008  8:15 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2008  11:57 PM)neek_alert Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2008  10:59 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2008  10:36 PM)To Wrote: I believe she is talking about Stand Alone Complex, and/or its' followup Second Gig, along with its' two TV Movies, The Laughing Man, and the Individual Eleven, along with its' own full movie in Solid State Society. Rather then the original film, and it's sequel Innocence. It sounds like she bought a bootleg initially too. Why do people buy DVDs on Ebay?

Yeah, well, it's all just about DragonBall.

Hmmm, I would love the DragonBall manga boxsets, but I believe those come out in Feb...

I am talking about SAC. Individual eleven and the laughing man are for lazy people who cant be bothered watching the series, so it's not worth it.

Neek_alert: you have no taste in anime...

why? just because i don't like a certain, i don't have to like everything everyone else likes Angry

It's a classic, to most its as bad as saying "I cant stand Akira"

But i love Akira! Joyful_3 <3

Chocked_2 then how can you NOT like GITS?

The second movie is way better than the first in my opinion and the series' do it justice.

i dunno, i bought both films because they were highly rated by anime fans but whn i watched the first 1, i didn't like it. the second one has been sat on my self un-watched for 2 years 0_0
(Dec. 17, 2008  7:33 PM)neek_alert Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2008  9:44 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2008  8:37 PM)neek_alert Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2008  8:15 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2008  11:57 PM)neek_alert Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2008  10:59 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2008  10:36 PM)To Wrote: I believe she is talking about Stand Alone Complex, and/or its' followup Second Gig, along with its' two TV Movies, The Laughing Man, and the Individual Eleven, along with its' own full movie in Solid State Society. Rather then the original film, and it's sequel Innocence. It sounds like she bought a bootleg initially too. Why do people buy DVDs on Ebay?

Yeah, well, it's all just about DragonBall.

Hmmm, I would love the DragonBall manga boxsets, but I believe those come out in Feb...

I am talking about SAC. Individual eleven and the laughing man are for lazy people who cant be bothered watching the series, so it's not worth it.

Neek_alert: you have no taste in anime...

why? just because i don't like a certain, i don't have to like everything everyone else likes Angry

It's a classic, to most its as bad as saying "I cant stand Akira"

But i love Akira! Joyful_3 <3

Chocked_2 then how can you NOT like GITS?

The second movie is way better than the first in my opinion and the series' do it justice.

i dunno, i bought both films because they were highly rated by anime fans but whn i watched the first 1, i didn't like it. the second one has been sat on my self un-watched for 2 years 0_0

Watch it damn you! It;s so much better than the first!
(Dec. 17, 2008  3:02 PM)yruahippo Wrote: shikamaru: That is an amazing poster. *drool*
Dreamborn: I heart Cyberdog stuff! <3 Take a picture of it or something when you get it....
Pikachao: I think I'm gonna do the Xbox thing with a PS2......I don't really like the originals Xboxs......

Tongue_out Should see our wardrobes on terms of cyberdog stuff.

Though your jaw would drop more at our Friend;s collection, he could open up his own store XD
blades, drum kit ,guitar stuff, some cds and games 4 360
im not getting a beyblade for christmas im getting that mabe before so i can get more like a phone and games.
AKIRA IS OVERRATED carp
(Dec. 17, 2008  10:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: AKIRA IS OVERRATED carp

Agreed. Wasted good money on buying it too.
may and Dreamborn: Wow, I wish I had all your stuff. Just going in that shop always makes me happy and hyper. XD

brad: ROFL XD
(Dec. 17, 2008  10:39 PM)Dreamborn Wrote:

Agreed. Wasted good money on buying it too.

seriously the animation was brilliant but the story was really just awful and retarded

XD agree, I like the animation, but geez they couldve picked up a better story line, that was the suckiest bit for it.
(Dec. 17, 2008  10:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ANIME IS OVERRATED carp

Fixed.
well yeah that too
(Dec. 17, 2008  11:03 PM)Roan Wrote:

Fixed.

It maybe overrated but I wouldn't say it's carp....not all of it. ^^;

Plus May, weren't you saying that Akira was a classic and not loving it would be a sin just a few posts ago? Uncertain
(Dec. 17, 2008  11:09 PM)yruahippo Wrote:

Fixed.

Ergo Proxy is made of win Grin

and no, I said not loving GITS (Ghost in the shell) was a sin XD
(Dec. 17, 2008  11:10 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:

Fixed.

But didn't you compare it to not loving Akira? Uncertain Ah well, it doesn't matter. I don't wanna start anything......anyways, I really need to watch Ergo Proxy. I watched like the first two episodes aaaages ago and I didn't really get into it but whenever I see adverts it always looks so awesome. Pinching_eyes_2 I should've given it more of a chance. Unhappy
(Dec. 17, 2008  11:15 PM)yruahippo Wrote:

Fixed.

But didn't you compare it to not loving Akira? Uncertain Ah well, it doesn't matter. I don't wanna start anything......anyways, I really need to watch Ergo Proxy. I watched like the first two episodes aaaages ago and I didn't really get into it but whenever I see adverts it always looks so awesome. Pinching_eyes_2 I should've given it more of a chance. Unhappy

Basically people who like Akira, generally like GITS, however its not the other way around. Most people who love GITS hate Akira.
(Dec. 17, 2008  11:20 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2008  11:15 PM)yruahippo Wrote:

Fixed.

Basically people who like Akira, generally like GITS, however its not the other way around. Most people who love GITS hate Akira.

Okay. I hadn't really noticed but I trust you. Smile
(Dec. 17, 2008  11:20 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: Basically people who like Akira, generally like GITS, however its not the other way around. Most people who love GITS hate Akira.

this is not only nonsense, it's actually an impossible paradox
(Dec. 17, 2008  11:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2008  11:20 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: Basically people who like Akira, generally like GITS, however its not the other way around. Most people who love GITS hate Akira.

this is not only nonsense, it's actually an impossible paradox

Not really, since every GITS fan I know Absolutely hates Akira.
no it doesn't make sense

you say akira fans like gits
then you say gits fans don't like akira

really don't make me explain how this doesn't make sense
Because GITS fans generally find that Akira in terms of plot and animation is WAY inferior.
That's always the explaination I get when I ask them.
But if Akira fans like GITS then surely they are GITS fans too? Meaning.....that doesn't really make sense. Though I kinda know what you're getting at.
Is that what you were thinking of Brad?
yes yruahippo

all akira fans are also gits fans
all gits fans hate akira

PARADOX