What Chouzetsu did wrong with their series.

DISCLAIMER: I don't hate the show in general, but i'm just speculating off of the viewers perspectives. Enjoy the thread

Here's a Top five list of things that Beyblade burst Cho-Z has genuinely messed up on.

1. Their toys: Beyblade Burst Cho-Z has a bunch of awesome beys with things that everyone likes about them, but some beys have aspects with don't fit into their typing. For example, Archer Hercules. It's basically a burst version of Flash Sagittario and it's teeth aren't to great from what i've heard. and Z Achilles is a right-spin-only legend Spriggan which has no good balance of any other types except attack and both Bloody Longinus and Winning Valkyrie have recoil, but not too much to make them the kings at attack like their past relatives. Cho-z maybe good at making metal beyblades, but they may have forgotten what attack, defense, stamina, and balance are.

2. Character originality: Aiga, Ranjiro, Fubuki and most of the new characters are taking the roles of the previous characters, but they lack any distinct difference aside from looks and some bey traits. Aiga is too similar to Valt and falls short of that special spark that the original had for me. Ranjiro isn't as funny as Rantaro, Souh is a meaner version of both Lui and Wakiya, and Fubuki is just a boring fusion of Wakiya's appearance and Shu's personality. Next time, d-rights, try and make the show more original, k?

3. The plot of the show: Why on earth did they give Aiga such a jump in power and skill, when he was just a newbie at the game? I get it, he beat up a bunch of noobs, but that's normal when you have a bey like that. Defeating tough people as easily as the noobs? Flag on the play there, buster. Beyblade takes skill to even come close to bursting such tough beys, but what they did for Aiga and Achilles was rushed and poorly executed, I mean he BURST bloody longinus in the anime. Who else can aside from Valt can do that? No one! This seems like less of a good show and more of an overdue school project.

4. The plot armor. This litle thing in every battle based anime shows up and gives the main character some skill that would otherwise take time and hard work to build as I mentioned before in reason 3, but they added too much plot armor to Aiga and now he's powering through most of these matches like a boss! You don't do that!

5. Shortness of original characters. We all want to see the original bladers of this generation like Shu, Wakiya, Rantaro, Ken, Daigo and most other bladers, but now it seems like they're nothing but a thing of the past. Would it kill the writers to at least let Shu make more appearances aside from a quick phone call to Fubuki?

If there's anything you guys know about this series that I missed, feel free to add it in the comments below!
For me, it's the new Disks and Drivers

The new Disks are absurdly light, this would have been fine in early God and even Dual Layer days when lighter Disks meant more Burst resistance. But now with such heavy Layers, you don't need light weight for that anymore. Now when a new release comes out, we don't even look at the Disk.

Some of the new Drivers have design choices that confuse me. Why doesn't Operate have a locking mechanism for its Defense Mode? It keeps turning into Attack Mode on me. Why is Volcanic taller? Most Attack Combos need to be slightly shorter than the opponent. Why do most the fixed ball tips no longer have tabs? The tabs were what made Defense so good in the early game.
(Jun. 29, 2018  3:56 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: For me, it's the new Disks and Drivers

The new Disks are absurdly light, this would have been fine in early God and even Dual Layer days when lighter Disks meant more Burst resistance. But now with such heavy Layers, you don't need light weight for that anymore. Now when a new release comes out, we don't even look at the Disk.

Some of the new Drivers have design choices that confuse me. Why doesn't Operate have a locking mechanism for its Defense Mode? It keeps turning into Attack Mode on me. Why is Volcanic taller? Most Attack Combos need to be slightly shorter than the opponent. Why do most the fixed ball tips no longer have tabs? The tabs were what made Defense so good in the early game.

TT has mucked up most of these parts, and my Winning Valkyrie is so aggressive, it wore down most of it's teeth and I only had it 2 months, compared to beys that wear down after 5-6 months, then again it could just be my luck.
They have (again) messed up the storyline like Aiga is stronger than lui ( who in season 1 won the final where valt losed and this is made as a time where a protagonist loses to a antagonistic ) but that theory is so messed up by Aiga (Aiga is like EVIL shu with no evil in him )
I disagree with the first point because Emperor Forneus is a defense type that's good for defense, Archer Hercules has decent teeth from what I've heard and has good stamina so far, Winning Valkyrie has great attack. Not to mention that God Valkyrie wasn't really the "king of attack", nor was Victory Valkyrie, Nightmare Longinus was, but not God Valkyrie.

Archer Hercules might look like Flash, but it has it's own design to distinguish it and make it it's own thing.

The rest of the points I agree with somewhat. I don't like how Ranjiro is just Rantaro without being Rantaro.

My pet peeve personally is making Kerbeus yet another RLC prize, and so far the performance doesn't seem that hot, who thought those pointy dog heads were a good idea?
(Jun. 29, 2018  4:24 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I disagree with the first point because Emperor Forneus is a defense type that's good for defense, Archer Hercules has decent teeth from what I've heard and has good stamina so far, Winning Valkyrie has great attack. Not to mention that God Valkyrie wasn't really the "king of attack", nor was Victory Valkyrie, Nightmare Longinus was, but not God Valkyrie.

Archer Hercules might look like Flash, but it has it's own design to distinguish it and make it it's own thing.

The rest of the points I agree with somewhat. I don't like how Ranjiro is just Rantaro without being Rantaro.

My pet peeve personally is making Kerbeus yet another RLC prize, and so far the performance doesn't seem that hot, who thought those pointy dog heads were a good idea?

I guess Hercules and Forneus are ok layers in their own point.

Ranjiro can't make me laugh the same way good ol' Rantaro does. He has to ruin every good moment by being aggressive and strict, two things Rantaro was not. And Fubuki is just a serious and Depressed version of Shu, Who is a blader who know what smiling and happiness is most of the time. Plus, Naru can't juggle the roles of Toko and Nika on her own and now that the twins have grown a bit, they aren't as cute as before and they're too mature now than before. (At least in the first season they could tell a joke or two) but at least her cuteness makes up for her lack of twin power, much less a twin in general.

Kerbeus has been in 2 Random collections now and it doesn't look like they'll give it a rest any day either. It is annoying to hope for a Kerbeus, but get something poopy like a first gen Spriggan, and even if you do get it, you'll get something like an attack/balance type anyways.
(Jun. 29, 2018  4:42 PM)ultra destinus Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2018  4:24 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I disagree with the first point because Emperor Forneus is a defense type that's good for defense, Archer Hercules has decent teeth from what I've heard and has good stamina so far, Winning Valkyrie has great attack. Not to mention that God Valkyrie wasn't really the "king of attack", nor was Victory Valkyrie, Nightmare Longinus was, but not God Valkyrie.

Ranjiro can't make me laugh the same way good ol' Rantaro does. He has to ruin every good moment by being aggressive and strict, two things Rantaro was not. And Fubuki is just a serious and Depressed version of Shu, Who is a blader who know what smiling and happiness is most of the time. Plus, Naru can't juggle the roles of Toko and Nika on her own and now that the twins have grown a bit, they aren't as cute as before and they're too mature now than before. (At least in the first season they could tell a joke or two) but at least her cuteness makes up for her lack of twin power, much less a twin in general.

Hey, we are are talking two different people.

Ranjiro is NOT Rantaro and the relatives don't have to be the same... Look at Daigo and his brother. I didn't even know that they were related until they said so...

Fubuki was set to NOT be a character like Shu who is really OP and stuff but he is supposed to be a guy who will progress through in the series and train to become like his Mentor...

And yeah, same for Naru. It's a whole new being that we are talking about... If your parents like a certain song, would you like it too? If your parents are good at football or something, does it mean that you need to be a good footballer? Ummm.......... no...
The only problem I face with Cho-Z is the plot clarification, and its still not clear. They have spent like around 11 episodes making us introduce to the characters that I fear at the ending they will rush up the series like anything. But on the plus point, the battles are great and well animated. 
Originality of characters I have gotta agree with you. But still, they are not total replica. They have their own traits as well.
Parts of beyblades individually look good to me, it's just that it's all about the stock combo they come with. But it's their way to balance the meta and I am fine with it. Or else the parts are pretty good. 
Plot armour, that's something I cannot deny at any cost. Aiga is getting way too much plot armour in the starting of the series itself. First he defeated Fubuki, okay that's still fine. Defeated Souh, this became a little weird but he ďefeating Lui at such an early stage is just absurd. All we saw him practicing was with that big shoot improving machine. He never actually practiced as much Valt did. But I cannot compare Valt and Aiga. After all I don't like Aiga much. 

But yeah, just gonna say I agree with you on the anime side of it, but the beyblade parts, leaving 10 all disks are super light no doubt, but other parts are pretty good.
1. Archer Hefcules has great teeth so I don’t understand why you think that. Emperor Forneus is a good defense layer, and Winning Valkyrie and Bloody Longinus are good attack layers.
2. Is Ranjirou supposed to be like Rantaro? No, they each have different personalities so it wouldn’t make sense as to why Ranjiro would be exactly like Rantaro.
3. The episode for the anime didn’t get released yet.
Also, the discs were nerfed because all the weight was meant to be in the layer.
"Aiga is too similar to Valt" I gotta disagree with that:
Aiga is an ***hole and apparently is pretty bad at making friends (he somehow was able to be hated by TWO entire beyclubs.I ONLY ONE DAY!!),Valt is basically the opposite of that. Another difference between the two is that: Valt (at least in the start) basically followed his instincts,just a while later he was able to think of strategies to win his battles,and Aiga is good at OBSERVING the battles to think of a strategy to win his opponents (like when he observed the battle between Fubuki and Ranjiro and was able to see theirweak points) 

also,"Suoh is a meaner version of Wakiya and Lui"??? what???
Suoh have nothing to do with Wakiya aside of he being rich...I guess,and I don't see that much of a similarity between he and Lui aside of the mental games he likes to do with the opponents.

about Fubuki,his whole point is to NOT BE Shu,he's not a genius,he trains hard to try to be strong like his idol.

now about Ranjiro,just like Fubuki,he is NOT Rantaro,we should not treat a character like we treat another different character.Just because he's Rantaro's brother,this doesn't mean he HAS TO BE like his brother.

the Aoi twins: you're...basically saying that it's bad because they grew up.

"shortness of original characters": seariously? we are only in the START of the series! also,we WILL see Shu more than "a quick (that wasn't that quick,and was IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT) phone call",
about the beys,I don't understand what you are saying,Archer Hercules has really good teeth and is good at stamina, Emperor Forneus is good at defense,Winning Valkyrie and Bloody Longinus are not "kings" of attack (but none of the valkyries,aside of the single layer at the timewere that good at attack,specially gV,gV was preeetty terrible),but they are pretty good anyways,and we already know,for a long time that the reason the beys are unballanced is because Takara wants us to buy the Level Chips,it's a marketing strategy.

I think something that is actually bad about ChoZ is:

Kerbeus as a RLC TWO TIMES IN A ROLL (takara,WHYYY)
the light discs,but looks like they stopped to do this with 10 (and I hope they continue to do that)
and the fact that 12 breaks beys and TT STILL RE-RELEASES 12 EVERYTIME (PLEASE STOOOOP)

(ehh,did I sound too...aggressive with this post? hope not)
When i said the character replacements weren't of the same quality as the originals, i simply meant that despite being different from their mentors and siblings, they still play the same roles as them, which makes them similar to the original characters in the first season, not exactly the same.

There's nothing bad about growing up, but the Aoi twins seem to have changed too much that they don't seem like the same people anymore. And when i said Souh is a meaner version of wakiya and lui, i mean he has their attitude but it's like they combined the two to get another bully blader.

I didn't hear anything from the videos i watched about hercules having good teeth, but maybe i didn't find the right video yet and everyone keeps bringing up forneus when i never spoke about it at all. I even know its good for defense. Its the layers i did talk about that i referred to.
(Jun. 29, 2018  9:07 PM)ultra destinus Wrote: When i said the character replacements weren't of the same quality as the originals, i simply meant that despite being different from their mentors and siblings, they still play the same roles as them, which makes them similar to the original characters in the first season, not exactly the same.

There's nothing bad about growing up, but the Aoi twins seem to have changed too much that they don't seem like  the same people anymore. And when i said Souh is a meaner version of wakiya and lui, i mean he has their attitude but it's like they combined the two to get another bully blader.

I didn't hear anything from the videos i watched about hercules having good teeth, but maybe i didn't find the right video yet and everyone keeps bringing up forneus when i never spoke about it at all. I even know its good for defense. Its the layers i did talk about that i referred to.
there's something that you have to think about: the anime is just in some ways a 20-25 min pub to promote the bey so the anime is not about quality but marketing unfortunately so there will always be some repetition and lack of creativity because the all point of the beyblade anime is selling and promote their product so don't really expect originality from the anime

Now for the beys: I don't really agree for the simple reason that most if the beys that you mentionned are either good or great ( you should check the wiki ) and it's all about having the good combo for each layer disk and driver. Of course some products like hK being a RLC are unfortunate but we have to do with

(sorry I might have a bad english I'm frenchSmile )
It's understandable why people don't like aiga that much. His been Beating bladers that has been Beyblading and training for years and yet an mere than months he rivals all, I think the main problem with super z is aiga growth it's fast to fast, the guy is already big 5 level in only mere months so yea it's reasonable why they don't like him
(Jun. 29, 2018  7:44 PM)Grey Bey Wrote: "Aiga is too similar to Valt" I gotta disagree with that:
Aiga is an ***hole and apparently is pretty bad at making friends (he somehow was able to be hated by TWO entire beyclubs.I ONLY ONE DAY!!),Valt is basically the opposite of that. Another difference between the two is that: Valt (at least in the start) basically followed his instincts,just a while later he was able to think of strategies to win his battles,and Aiga is good at OBSERVING the battles to think of a strategy to win his opponents (like when he observed the battle between Fubuki and Ranjiro and was able to see theirweak points) 

also,"Suoh is a meaner version of Wakiya and Lui"??? what???
Suoh have nothing to do with Wakiya aside of he being rich...I guess,and I don't see that much of a similarity between he and Lui aside of the mental games he likes to do with the opponents.

about Fubuki,his whole point is to NOT BE Shu,he's not a genius,he trains hard to try to be strong like his idol.

now about Ranjiro,just like Fubuki,he is NOT Rantaro,we should not treat a character like we treat another different character.Just because he's Rantaro's brother,this doesn't mean he HAS TO BE like his brother.

the Aoi twins: you're...basically saying that it's bad because they grew up.

"shortness of original characters": seariously? we are only in the START of the series! also,we WILL see Shu more than "a quick (that wasn't that quick,and was IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT) phone call",
about the beys,I don't understand what you are saying,Archer Hercules has really good teeth and is good at stamina, Emperor Forneus is good at defense,Winning Valkyrie and Bloody Longinus are not "kings" of attack (but none of the valkyries,aside of the single layer at the timewere that good at attack,specially gV,gV was preeetty terrible),but they are pretty good anyways,and we already know,for a long time that the reason the beys are unballanced is because Takara wants us to buy the Level Chips,it's a marketing strategy.

I think something that is actually bad about ChoZ is:

Kerbeus as a RLC TWO TIMES IN A ROLL (takara,WHYYY)
the light discs,but looks like they stopped to do this with 10 (and I hope they continue to do that)
and the fact that 12 breaks beys and TT STILL RE-RELEASES 12 EVERYTIME (PLEASE STOOOOP)

(ehh,did I sound too...aggressive with this post? hope not)

You said it extremely well and to be honest I wanted to write something similiar. So I'll just add a few things:

There was a 4 months time skip after episode 1 where Aiga improved. No way I would want another main character that messes up their shoot for the first 20 episodes. It would just end up like the pokemon anime where Ash forgets how pokeballs work everytime haha. 

Also Aiga is not like Valt at all, this was really apparent in one of the latest episodes when Nika said that Valt' greatest talent is making friends. At episode 14, where chouzetsu is right now, Valt already had the Bey Club meanwhile here Aiga is, and his only friends Houi (who left after their battle by the way) and Ranjirou. Valt was always that innocent kid meanwhile Aiga is shouting at his opponents how he'll crush them, and then makes fun of the after he beats them.

And Tokonatsu is an absolutely great character, I loved how they showed him struggling with being the world's champion brother.
Aiga is my favorite super z character but I don't really like how they just made him a god but oh wait. Aiga's dad was know as a good Blader so genetics but that's just BS so don't believe. Aiga learned many moves like z-defence, z-slash in under few eps. It took valt around 10-20 for him to a move.
Hi. It's me, the author of this, admittedly stupid rant. I'm hear to say, after reviewing Cho-Z and further Beyblade burst series, i'm gonna say, i was not too knowledgable in most of this stuff back then when making this. i regret saying some of the things i said, i'll be real, so i'll probably revise and update it. Some will stay the same, but a lot will change.
Personally seeing as I saw Cho-z first in burst it was some good stuff. People only really hate it because of the context given from the other two seasons before it otherwise it’s pretty good without the context.