What 360 should I buy?

I'm getting a 360 for christmas and I want to buy the elite...but I want to know if its worth it?

Can someone give me some actual opinions as to which Xbox I should buy and why? I havn't really compared anything but I'm getting it for Xmas so I thought why not ask for the best one. lol
Don't get the Elite. It's a carp rip off.

With the Elite you're essentially paying $100 for a 120 GB Hard drive and black paint job.

Go for the Pro. It's way cheaper and has everything the Elite does (Yes, even HDMI now) and it's in white, which we all know is the better color. (THAT WAS NOT A RACIAL JOKE.)
LOL.
thats what I was looking for.
Do you think I'll ever need a harddrive that big though? How big is the harddrive for the Pro?
The Pro's HDD is 20 GBs, which is more than enough. I've had my 360 for almost two years now and I have never come close to filling it up.

But I suppose if you're planning on downloading a bunch of stuff from the Marketplace and keeping it saved (With downloads on 360 if you pay to download something and then delete it you can re-download it free of charge. [Does PSN work like this? I'm really not sure]) then you might want to spring for the Elite.
Well, my I-tunes library is only 5 gigs..unless downloadable content takes up a lot of space I'm pretty sure that should be good.

What can I buy off the market place? Demo's? or actual games too? Speechless
Well you can buy all kinds of stuff from there now.

There's additional content for games like new maps for Halo 3 or new cars for Forza, even full blown expansion packs such as the Shivering Isles expansion for Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. As far as I know there aren't any full games up.

There's also movies available now both in standard and High Def but they come with strings attached as they are basically rentals. You have (I think) two days to watch them before they expire, which I think is totally retarded but they're offering them at a pretty low price (Most are 250 MS points or about 3 dollars) so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Then of course there are demo's, which vary greatly in size but the biggest I've ever seen was about 1 Gig. They usually rank in the 500-600 MB range, though. Oh and most importantly, demos are free. Smile

There's also Xbox Live Arcade games, dashboard themes, gamer pictures and likely some other things I've forgotten. However, most of these don't take up much space at all (particularly the themes and pictures) and since the Arcade games are size capped at like 256 MBs or something like that, you'll never see one bigger than that, unless of course Microsoft ups the size cap again.
Xbox Originals take up like 4-5 gbs.

I really wish I had a 120 gb now lol.

And the black one looks better if you have seen them togethor.
Wow.. So, I wonder what version I ended up with. Because mine is like.. 10GB..?
No idea, it's white. Not Elite, that would be the version with the two free games. Forza MS2 and SMA.

Honestly if you're using XBL, I personally prefer the 3 month Gold Subscription, which I believe you can get points with it as well. I was to dumbass to get a points card.
If you only have 10 GBs free chances are good you didn't delete all of the stuff that came on the hard drive.

MS pre-loads it with a bunch of garbage. As soon as I got mine I formatted the hard drive and then I had a lot more storage to work with.
I just want a 360 that can play Xbox games and won't overheat other then that I don't really care.
so just decided to put "xbox 360" on my list and see what happens.
because i honestly have no idea if ill need 120 gigs or 20 gigs.
we'll see in 2 weeks
Smile
Guitar_Legend Wrote:so just decided to put "xbox 360" on my list and see what happens.
because i honestly have no idea if ill need 120 gigs or 20 gigs.
we'll see in 2 weeks
Smile

gg

Definitely share the ol' gamertag with us if you end up getting one. Smile
actually the max on a 20gb is more like 13gb free even when you delete everything.

wierded me out at first, then i figured it was system carp
oh, and get the halo one (no joke)

it is confirmed to have the best chips

unless you plan on going to the store and manually checking all of the 360s untill you find one with them and thats your thing dude.
how much coes pro cost? atm I'm leaning more towards a 360 than a PS3
mainly because of call of duty 4, but damn I wish MGS4 would come on xbox
Hey Kane, COD4 is on PS3 too. lol

But anyway, the pro is $349 US.
I know, but I'm pretty sure it's alot better on 360
Well the multi-player probably is, yeah.
actually its exactly the same

i heard there servers got hit pretty hard at release and caused some latency, but all has/will be been fixed
I'd say if you don't care about the wii's functionality of brawl then 360 is probably the way to go. whioch pack you get sort of depends on how much you'll use it and what you will use it for. E.g. if you're constantly downloading movies you'll need a big hard drive.
Surfingpikachao Wrote:I'd say if you don't care about the wii's functionality of brawl then 360 is probably the way to go. whioch pack you get sort of depends on how much you'll use it and what you will use it for. E.g. if you're constantly downloading movies you'll need a big hard drive.

I DO NOT SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE
Surfingpikachao Wrote:I'd say if you don't care about the wii's functionality of brawl then 360 is probably the way to go. whioch pack you get sort of depends on how much you'll use it and what you will use it for. E.g. if you're constantly downloading movies you'll need a big hard drive.

thank for for telling me what i already knew!

hahaha only playing. this threads pretty old though, im not even getting a 360 anymore.
Surfingpikachao's obnoxious and annoying topic resurrecting strikes back!

Christ kid, at least read the rest of the topic before you necromance it. I already answered the question only in much less confusing words. Wink