Weights of MFB

you forgot to measure the burn fusion wheel.
(Feb. 12, 2011  6:18 PM)arvan Wrote: you forgot to measure the burn fusion wheel.

It's there, 31.6g (TT)
It's not like I'd forget anyway, how would I?
If you're looking for Hasbro, you'll have to wait until someone posts the weights of that because i don't have access to Hasbro blades. Was it posted already and that i missed it?
Clear Wheels
L-Drago (from Super Vortex) 3.54g
L-Drago (from L-Drago 2 pack) 3.92g
Pegasis (from Super Vortex) 2.63g
Pegasis (from Pegasis 2 pack) 2.96g
Pegasis II* 3.05g
Bull (from Midnight Bull) 3.29g
Bull 3.37g
Cancer* 3.16g
Cancer* (from Super Deck Set) 3.14g
Gasher 3.29g
Sagitario 2.81g
Virgo 3.17g
Eagle 2.88g
Wolf (From the L-Drago 2 pack) 2.97g
Aquario (From the Pegasis 2 pack) 3.30g
Phoenix* 2.94g
Byxis* 2.58g
Gil* 2.81g

Metal Wheels
Earth 32.59g
Earth 32.37g
Earth 32.37g
Lightning 29.72g
Lightning 29.73
Burn (2)* 31.65g
Burn (2)* 31.50g
Flame* 32.71g
Flame 32.46g
Storm 30.58g
Storm 30.41g
Dark 32.29g
Dark 32.10g
Dark* 31.88g
Galaxy* (from DX set) 29.44g
Midnight 25.32g
Libra* (from Super Deck Set) 41.86g
Pegasis* (from Super Deck Set) 34.66g
Rock (6-cylinder) 32.73g
Ray* 30.44g

* = Takara Tomy, all others Hasbro.
Gravity from BB-97:

Gravity(Gold) 34.00g
Gravity(Silver) 34.92g

Hasbro Burn: 31.64g & 31.59g

I'm surprised by the Hasbro Burn's weight, considering I have the Burn from BB-96 and it weighed in at about 31.55g. I thought removing the Burn Wheel engraving would take off at least .3 - .4g.
my scale. I'll post pics of it later with calibration.
http://www.americanweigh.com/product_inf...cts_id=566

my hasbro measurements. I'll add takara tomy later.

[Image: hasbroweightlist.png]
OMG Otsu those are lots of weights you got there

Updated OP, took ages -.-
Aha. I thought you might just copy the image location and post a link to the pic.

Also after looking at the list and mine, the notion that hasbro wheels are heavier seems to be vastly incorrect. I'm guessing this came about because of aikemi's findings but he/she is the only one, Compared to the 3-5 of us with hasbro results. Seems to me TT and hasbro are pretty much the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQTnckauJBM
Weight of almost every tip.(It's also more accurate.)
By Akiras Daddy
(Feb. 17, 2011  6:11 PM)Otsu Wrote: Aha. I thought you might just copy the image location and post a link to the pic.

Also after looking at the list and mine, the notion that hasbro wheels are heavier seems to be vastly incorrect. I'm guessing this came about because of aikemi's findings but he/she is the only one, Compared to the 3-5 of us with hasbro results. Seems to me TT and hasbro are pretty much the same.

I second this. Everyone talks about how much heavier Hasbro's Flame is. Look at my TT and Hasbro weights for it.
32.46 Takara , 32.71 Hasbro
How can you claim his are more accurate. Not trashing on ad. Just saying.
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:06 PM)Otsu Wrote: How can you claim his are more accurate. Not trashing on ad. Just saying.

Exactly. Anyone with a well calibrated .01 gram scale should be accurate enough. My AWS-100 works really well.
Okay. I've finally got all of my weights completed - and it's a lot of data.

Later tonight I will post 5 separate replies for each of the HWS layers. Then I will post a suggested revision to the OP.

The suggested revision to the OP does a bunch of important things:
  1. It alphabetizes the part list for each layer
  2. It orders each list by weight, then by contributor
  3. It provides an average weight for lists with more than 5 weights (the heaviest and lightest weights are not included in the average)
  4. It identifies the origin of each part
  5. It saves Jerf a carpload of work
I have all of the data that Jerf has collected (including mine) in an excel spreadsheet that I am happy to continue to update or share with anyone who wants it.

Arupaeo
(Mar. 04, 2011  8:44 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Okay. I've finally got all of my weights completed - and it's a lot of data.

Later tonight I will post 5 separate replies for each of the HWS layers. Then I will post a suggested revision to the OP.

The suggested revision to the OP does a bunch of important things:
  1. It alphabetizes the part list for each layer
  2. It orders each list by weight, then by contributor
  3. It provides an average weight for lists with more than 5 weights (the heaviest and lightest weights are not included in the average)
  4. It identifies the origin of each part
  5. It saves Jerf a carpload of work
I have all of the data that Jerf has collected (including mine) in an excel spreadsheet that I am happy to continue to update or share with anyone who wants it.

Arupaeo

I would love a copy so I can throw my new parts in as well. Maybe Jerf should upload it to the OP and have people edit and then post their upload?
Faces and their weights

Metal Wheels and their weights

Clear Wheels and their weights

Spin Tracks and their weights

Bottoms and their weights

Does anyone have MB?

I would like to see the Weight of that.
And finally, the combined weights from everyone (with averages) put together in my suggested revision for the OP.

Best,

Arupaeo

---------------------------------

All weights are in Grams
All lists are alphabetized
Averages are given for lists of 5 or more items - excluding the highest and lowest weights

Pre-HWS Metal Wheels

HWS Metal Wheels (Metal Fusion Wheel)

Clear Wheel (Energy Ring)

Tracks (Spin Track)

Bottoms (Performance Tip)

Faces (Face Bolts)
odd, if you and others got weights about the same as TT for hasbro parts, then how did Aikemi get such high weight?

anyways, thanks for the weight
Kerbecs the heaviest clear wheel now?! I wondered if that might be the case when I saw it... Thanks Arupaeo, and everyone else

Quote:Does anyone have MB?

I would like to see the Weight of that.

AkirasDaddy says 1.59g, which makes it one of the heaviest.
i been so busy lately with trying to make videos, no time to weigh all my takara tomy parts.
I have loads of MFB weights Sonokongs, TTs, and some Hasbros. All kept in an excel sheet.
My format looks like this:

I have an almost completed collection of MFBs. In, my opinion, it's neater this way. Credits should just go at the bottom page to avoid clutter. The OP should just only consist of a link to a download-able link to the file, dated on the latest update.

EDIT: I make a point of weighing when the parts are still NIB/NIP/Mint. Each part has been weighed 3 times before added into the excel sheet.

If Jerf is busy, I'm willing to help out. Share my file, added with the others' already posted weights. Molds, versions MUST be included. 100 samples for each item should be accurate enough to represent the weights.
Gravity (Sonokong) is 29 grams, while Gravity (Takara Tomy) is 33 grams. IKMV stated this. Yamislayer as well.
(Mar. 14, 2011  9:50 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Gravity (Sonokong) is 29 grams, while Gravity (Takara Tomy) is 33 grams. IKMV stated this. Yamislayer as well.

Yes, I'm aware of that, as it was 'agreed' as SonoKong = Mold 2, whilst Takara Tomy = mold 1
You're supposed to use decimals to represent the tenths and hundreths not commas. I kept reading it as two different weights at first. (Imo mine is much easier to read Joyful_2)
(Mar. 14, 2011  6:34 PM)Otsu Wrote: You're supposed to use decimals to represent the tenths and hundreths not commas. I kept reading it as two different weights at first. (Imo mine is much easier to read Joyful_2)

The data is great but I agree that decimal points should be used to avoid confusion.