Weights of MFB

If you could weigh Hasbro's Lightning and L Drago that would be perfect. Also the Hasbro MF if you have it.
(Nov. 25, 2010  8:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2010  6:56 PM)Vanthorsan Wrote: Yes, but this was to be expected wasn't it? We already knew that TT and Hasbro used different materials and sometimes, different molds.
Yes, but some of those parts should really be similar.

Plus, considering how many kids break their parts, perhaps they are not stronger material ...

hasbro still uses much stronger material than TT or Sonokong

the reason kids break all kinds of toys is because they are kids.

Almost all toys are breakable, even with the stronger molds hasbro uses as compared to TT and Sonokong.

i still think that all of these weights must be archived in an organized matter
(Nov. 25, 2010  8:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Plus, considering how many kids break their parts, perhaps they are not stronger material ...

Exactly, kids. Almost everyone on this website with Takara Tomy Beyblades is older, has bought them online (the children breaking Hasbro parts probably can't import), and in general are responsible and keep them in good condition. The sudden influx of American and European 8 year olds who obviously find no virtue in caretaking are the ones with the ridiculous breaks. It's simply their abuse of the parts or their lack of caution, not the robustness of Hasbro products.
(Nov. 23, 2010  12:37 AM)Jerf Wrote: hmm...
Seems like you got a TT Storm. Do you remember where you got it from?
Yeah I'll take the weights, just post them and I'll update when i have time Wink

Definately Hasbro. I got one of my storm wheels from the set with the Vortex stadium in, and the other from a standard Speg from Toys R Us.

Right, my results.

H- Hasbro
TT- Takara Tomy

Metal Wheels
H Rock- 33g
H Storm (Both Painted and bare metal)- 30g
H Flame- 32g
H Dark- 32g
H Lightning (Painted)- 30g
TT Burn- 31g

Tracks
H ED145- 4g
H C145- 3g
H H145- 4g

Tips
H Mint RF- Approx 1g. My scales wouldn't pick it up on its own, so I weighed Speg with RF, and without a tip at all, and got a difference of 1g. This is probably a sign that I need new scales...
is the gemios clearwheel really 2.2 grams and is it from the takara tomy killer gemios
(Nov. 25, 2010  9:28 PM)"Joe Wrote: If you could weigh Hasbro's Lightning and L Drago that would be perfect. Also the Hasbro MF if you have it.

Picked it (Lightning L-Drago) up today at TRU.

TT - Hasbro
Face: 1.00g -- 1.21g
L-Drago: 3.70g -- 4.50g Heaviest Hasbro Clear Wheel Thus Far
Lightning: 30.00g -- 32.88g Lightest Hasbro Metal Wheel Thus Far
HF: 0.50g -- 0.65g Lightest Hasbro Bottom Thus Far

(The 100 track is already weighed)

And, here is the complete chart with LLDrago's results added:

Complete Takara vs. Hasbro Weight Chart (Click to View)
This list will be continually updated, and I'll post when I do so.

(Nov. 27, 2010  8:18 PM)Laeradex Wrote: Definately Hasbro. I got one of my storm wheels from the set with the Vortex stadium in, and the other from a standard Speg from Toys R Us.

Right, my results.

H- Hasbro
TT- Takara Tomy

Metal Wheels
H Rock- 33g
H Storm (Both Painted and bare metal)- 30g
H Flame- 32g
H Dark- 32g
H Lightning (Painted)- 30g
TT Burn- 31g

Tracks
H ED145- 4g
H C145- 3g
H H145- 4g

Tips
H Mint RF- Approx 1g. My scales wouldn't pick it up on its own, so I weighed Speg with RF, and without a tip at all, and got a difference of 1g. This is probably a sign that I need new scales...

Your parts are ridiculously light for Hasbro, are you sure they are not TT? What kind of scale are you using?
(Nov. 27, 2010  8:03 PM)Mc Frown Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2010  8:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Plus, considering how many kids break their parts, perhaps they are not stronger material ...

Exactly, kids. Almost everyone on this website with Takara Tomy Beyblades is older, has bought them online (the children breaking Hasbro parts probably can't import), and in general are responsible and keep them in good condition. The sudden influx of American and European 8 year olds who obviously find no virtue in caretaking are the ones with the ridiculous breaks. It's simply their abuse of the parts or their lack of caution, not the robustness of Hasbro products.

exactly what i said lol, but true none the less. this is what happens when you revive an old product into something new. the vets like us are nostalgic and take care of our reborn childhood, but at the same time you get annoying child noobs who dont know anything about the hobbies past, present, or future and dont take care of it. it is up to the original beybladers to preserve the hobby for what it was/is worth, regardless of if it was plastic, HMS, or MFB

edit:sorry for double post
It's more a general care for your belongings/toys, that most of us find is common sense.
(Nov. 27, 2010  8:03 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Exactly, kids. Almost everyone on this website with Takara Tomy Beyblades is older, has bought them online (the children breaking Hasbro parts probably can't import), and in general are responsible and keep them in good condition. The sudden influx of American and European 8 year olds who obviously find no virtue in caretaking are the ones with the ridiculous breaks. It's simply their abuse of the parts or their lack of caution, not the robustness of Hasbro products.
My post was mostly sarcasm, however at this rate Hasbro could make the pieces with the same materials TAKARA-TOMY uses and there would be almost no difference ...
Hi Jerf.
I thought ES is called Endurance Sharp?(From Metal Fight Beyblade Magazine)
(Nov. 28, 2010  3:45 AM)Meteo LDrago Wrote: Hi Jerf.
I thought ES is called Endurance Sharp?(From Metal Fight Beyblade Magazine)

Surely not, it's Eternal Sharp.
is the gemios clearwheel really 2.2 grams and is it from the takara tomy killer gemios
(Nov. 28, 2010  8:26 PM)jjsonickid Wrote: is the gemios clearwheel really 2.2 grams and is it from the takara tomy killer gemios

Yes it is, and yes.
It's not the best clear wheel for stamina, however.
Might've necro'd this one Joyful_3'

But since no one has weighed it yet, which is heavier? Grand wheel or Earth?
My weight measurements (in grams) of the 5 Hasbro Legend beys I have:

Face
Pegasus 1.02
Bull 1.09
Aries 1.09
Virgo 1.04
Capricorn 1.10

Metal Wheel
Cyber 29.78
Midnight 25.38
Torch 26.92
Night 27.92
Fury 28.34

Clear Wheel
Pegasus 3.01
Bull 3.32
Aries 2.74
Virgo 3.13
Capricorn 2.96

Tracks and bottoms do not vary from previously posted measurements.
And for what its worth, I also have a (nearly) full set of Hasbro Beyblade part weights and Aikemi's weights are all far, far too heavy. For example, Hasbro Earth is only between 32.4-32.6 (the spread between the 3 Hasbro Earth wheel I have), significantly less than the 35.7 reported in the earlier post.

Perhaps a recalibration of the scale is in order...
Earth of hasbro is 35
And why did you necro this again
He's giving more weights, what's wrong with that?
(Feb. 03, 2011  12:42 PM)Aquila112 Wrote: Earth of hasbro is 35
And why did you necro this again

I beg to differ, but the Hasbro version of Earth does not weigh 35g.

Not only do I have 3 independent weights from 3 individual Hasbro Earth wheels that range between 32.42g and 32.62g, but I also have a combined weight for the three at 97.72g. If the Hasbro Earth wheel actually weighed 35+g, the combined weight would have exceeded 105g - which of course it did not.

Each weight was taken on an American Weight Scales AWS-100 digital pocket scale, freshly calibrated with a 100g OIML-M2 class calibration weight.

As far as necroing a thread goes, I'd rather have your complaint than a warning from a moderator for posting weight data in an unrelated thread. Does the phrase, "There's already a thread for that, post it there" ring any bells?
I hate that the Torch Wheel is sooo light, its supposed to be defence wheel, hasbro should have increased the weight.
Added Arupaeo's Legend Bey weights Smile
Yes, the weight definitely takes away from the potential, but a MF helps. Sad that you must use one on Night for good Stamina, really.
Added more of Aikemi's weights, thanks!
And Laeradex's weights do seem <b>ridiculously</b> light, can someone confirm them?
You might wanna put the weight of the random booster ver 1,2 ver,3,4 and ver 5,6. and the packet with the instruction manual and sticker sheet inside. Just a suggestion Smile
(Feb. 12, 2011  5:19 PM)Xiiaofreak Wrote: You might wanna put the weight of the random booster ver 1,2 ver,3,4 and ver 5,6. and the packet with the instruction manual and sticker sheet inside. Just a suggestion Smile

It would be much easier to do that with a 2d.p. scale as the weights will be more accurate when you're dealing with light wheels which most probably have little weight difference between them; sadly, my scale is 1d.p.
If someone wants to do this and isn't sure how to get the most accurate method of measurement, contact me.