Wear, friction and gameplay in the giant stadiums

I was going to build a stadium similar to this:

Unfortunately, I have some outstanding issues regarding this type of hand-made stadiums.
The problems, in my opinion, are basically these:
1) Wear. Both of the tips and the layers. The surface is not more plastic but metal, and that is the metal used and treated for satellite dishes. Shouldn't this create problems in both the Bey's launch (when it lands on the surface) and in the tip wear during the spin? Likewise, should the durability of layers not also change, given that, during destabilization, they impact on a more rigid surface?
2) Gameplay. A surface so large (if I'm not mistaken reaches a diameter of 120 cm) is really necessary? Don't the Bey risk touching little? Also, how do the tips interact with the new surface? I do not speak of wear, but performance. In This case, I've seen mixed interpretations. Does the rubber of the offensive tips work or is it limited? In general, the different friction and the different material, I suppose, should change things, am I wrong?

Other Video:

Here it seems to me that the tip of Legend Spriggan is not able to have the right friction to activate the Merge rubber.
I'd just put a plastic cover over it, like the same plastic they use for the official beystadiums. Hope this helps!
(Mar. 23, 2018  7:20 PM)Cuza Ackerman 1 Wrote: I'd just put a plastic cover over it, like the same plastic they use for the official beystadiums. Hope this helps!

I honestly don't know anything about that Grin Are there any covers that are glued in the Bey Stadium and where the Bey can turn without any variation of friction?
Not sure, but I can probably do a DIY one! I'll post a vid on how to do it on my YT channel when I get around to making it! Besides, the plastic they use for the official beystadium doesn't affect friction or anything, so when I get some spare stadiums, I'll probably use those to make the cover!
I think the best way to put plastic over something like this would to find someone who could vacuum seal. Metal is a fine material to vacuum seal over since it won't melt. Get other heat-safe materials for what other aspects you need, then seal right over it.

As for size and performance, there has been different discussions on this. People report varying findings, whether from seeing videos or from personal experience in building their own. I have suggested people do tests and gather input from others to determine optimum size/shape for bigger stadium battles.
(Mar. 23, 2018  7:36 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I think the best way to put plastic over something like this would to find someone who could vacuum seal. Metal is a fine material to vacuum seal over since it won't melt. Get other heat-safe materials for what other aspects you need, then seal right over it.

As for size and performance, there has been different discussions on this. People report varying findings, whether from seeing videos or from personal experience in building their own. I have suggested people do tests and gather input from others to determine optimum size/shape for bigger stadium battles.

But I do not know what kind of plastic is usable. I'm not very experienced, but I think we need thin sheets of plastic, so I can apply them on the curved surface of the satellite dish. It would need an effect similar to that of the TT or Hasbro stadiums, so as to slide the tip well.

Some time ago I tried to build a 50 cm diameter wooden stadium. Of course, I then covered the entire surface of the wood with a sheet of adhesive plastic, careful not to create air bubbles under the plastic. The performances were satisfactory, but above all the greatness seemed ideal, as the Bey moved on wider trajectories but without resetting the contact and the ring-out were still possible. In my opinion it could reach diameters of 60 cm.
Yeah, I can't say I know the specific plastic. You would literally have to take a legit stadium with you and see if you could find plastic sheeting that seemed as similar as possible, comparing in person.

There used to be a place that offered classes on vacuum sealing nearby and sold different kinds of plastic for it, and if it didn't shut down, I could actually probably do just that. But alas....
(Mar. 23, 2018  8:08 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Yeah, I can't say I know the specific plastic. You would literally have to take a legit stadium with you and see if you could find plastic sheeting that seemed as similar as possible, comparing in person.

There used to be a place that offered classes on vacuum sealing nearby and sold different kinds of plastic for it, and if it didn't shut down, I could actually probably do just that. But alas....

I would not want to be wrong, but is not the overlap too problematic? The plastic sheets are flat, while the stage is curved, so any sheet that is superimposed on the satellite dish would tend to present air bubbles. Except this, which is solvable, as you said, the real problem is to find plastic that has the same characteristics as the thin plastic of the TT or Hasbro stadiums.

So far I have used two types of plastic sheets: a transparent porous and a smooth opaque. The first, compared to the second, refers much more to the plastic than to the paper, but creates too much friction, so much so that the rubber tips are so constrained to run for a very short time and without making large movements.
I'm planning on making my own anime tournament design stadium soon, using a 60cm satellite dish. It's not too big, not too small. I have considered the surface of the dish being metal and I'm going to use a spray on coating. There are several types available, plastic coat sprays and rubber coat sprays. The good thing about them is that you can peel them off if they wear out, get damaged or you find it doesn't work as well as you'd hoped. There are also lacquer sprays as well.