We need to spread the word in a not so nerdy way

alright peeps, lets face it coming from a 7th graders point of view.... we are a bunch of nerds (or that's what people see us as) at school if you say you like Beyblade...... u get jumped... hey buts that's just my school but I know for a fact people think anyone who is over 8 and likes Beyblade is a weirdo and a nerd, that's preventing us from getting a bigger amount of people as members and changing how people think about us..... we need to change this (mainly because the kids at my school think Takara Tomy riped of Beyblade from Hasbro and they know nothing about it. you are lucky you guys have a few members from middle school here hehe cuz i got ideas (ik last time i had an idea i nearly died but this time it's a good one) we need to change things a little and I know we just have a whole remodel of the website but dats wut i mean...... we need a social media account for stuff here are my recommendations of things that will help us grow"

official snapchat page
official facebook page (idk if we have one)
official twitter page (i also dk if we have one)
better merch like hats (snapbacks not baseball caps) and wristbands
a flyer day would be nice (so if you don't have any near bye beybladers around we could come up with flyer ideas and print them out can u cant staple them on walls n stuff
a bey club at school (but don't make it seem nerdy plz T~T)
a discord channel
a better communication system.... like a live chat or a better friending and messaging system
not so strict rules... you shouldn't get in trouble if you post a joke that someone will laugh at like....... idk as long as its not offensive it should be aloud.
a motto and mascot
fundraisers LOTS OF FUNDRAISERS those hats won't pay themselves...
meet and greets
AN APP
Teams like you could have a team that designs beys or a team that creates merch ideas
don't be so strict on kids n stuff (not saying u guys are ultra strict) Beyblade is meant for fun it has to be fun
beyblade lessons like what not to do with a launcher and how to fix this problem kind of thing...
a better security system make sure they aren't any pervs lurking
if those fundraisers get us enough money GET TOGETHERS
team rivals and stuff
 that's all I can think of right now

the reason i made this post is because I see way too many people at my school and other schools bullying people who like Beyblade and stuff (and this isn't one of those "ignore them things" its offensive because it's ANNOYING the other reason is I see so many posts talking about being lonely and battling with ur brother in Arizona (u know who I'm talking to if u see dis) that's a huge reason we all hate being like.... dang guess imma go battle with the wall

and this will also help us look cool... what website doesn't have a snapchat page... EVEN BURGER KING AS A SNAPCHAT AND AN APP 

i just want this place to look cooler because we are more than the nerd's everyone thinks we are.

let's face we all know if people think we are nerds.... you wouldn't go on a date and say one of the hobbies i love is beyblading.... if u do.... don't do that

(not to call any of u nerds please don't take offense)
and i swear if someone just throws this post down the drain will die because this will help us a lot.
(Oct. 15, 2017  5:44 AM)top beyblader10 Wrote: alright peeps, lets face it coming from a 7th graders point of view.... we are a bunch of nerds (or that's what people see us as) at school if you say you like Beyblade...... u get jumped... hey buts that's just my school but I know for a fact people think anyone who is over 8 and likes Beyblade is a weirdo and a nerd, that's preventing us from getting a bigger amount of people as members and changing how people think about us..... we need to change this (mainly because the kids at my school think Takara Tomy riped of Beyblade from Hasbro and they know nothing about it. you are lucky you guys have a few members from middle school here hehe cuz i got ideas (ik last time i had an idea i nearly died but this time it's a good one) we need to change things a little and I know we just have a whole remodel of the website but dats wut i mean...... we need a social media account for stuff here are my recommendations of things that will help us grow"

official snapchat page
a flyer day would be nice (so if you don't have any near bye beybladers around we could come up with flyer ideas and print them out can u cant staple them on walls n stuff
a discord channel
a better communication system.... like a live chat or a better friending and messaging system
not so strict rules... you shouldn't get in trouble if you post a joke that someone will laugh at like....... idk as long as its not offensive it should be aloud.
a motto and mascot
meet and greets
AN APP
Teams like you could have a team that designs beys or a team that creates merch ideas
don't be so strict on kids n stuff (not saying u guys are ultra strict) Beyblade is meant for fun it has to be fun
beyblade lessons like what not to do with a launcher and how to fix this problem kind of thing...
team rivals and stuff

the reason i made this post is because I see way too many people at my school and other schools bullying people who like Beyblade and stuff (and this isn't one of those "ignore them things" its offensive because it's ANNOYING the other reason is I see so many posts talking about being lonely and battling with ur brother in Arizona (u know who I'm talking to if u see dis) that's a huge reason we all hate being like.... dang guess imma go battle with the wall

and this will also help us look cool... what website doesn't have a snapchat page... EVEN BURGER KING AS A SNAPCHAT AND AN APP 

i just want this place to look cooler because we are more than the nerd's everyone thinks we are.

let's face we all know if people think we are nerds.... you wouldn't go on a date and say one of the hobbies i love is beyblading.... if u do.... don't do that

and i swear if someone just throws this post down the drain will die because this will help us a lot.
Dang, ya caught me.
hehe dang right i did
That's a lot of stuff and I wouldn't agree with the nerd aspect, i'm not one and people dont identify me as suchbit aside from that you do seem zealous about blades and that good but this website is mostly full of adult volunteers who have lives outside of beyblade , I myself have a family? If you and the younger members would like to to this i'd suggest speaking to the mods or directly to Hasbro themselves with your ideas
(Oct. 15, 2017  5:44 AM)top beyblader10 Wrote: alright peeps, lets face it coming from a 7th graders point of view.... we are a bunch of nerds (or that's what people see us as) at school if you say you like Beyblade...... u get jumped... hey buts that's just my school but I know for a fact people think anyone who is over 8 and likes Beyblade is a weirdo and a nerd, that's preventing us from getting a bigger amount of people as members and changing how people think about us..... we need to change this (mainly because the kids at my school think Takara Tomy riped of Beyblade from Hasbro and they know nothing about it. you are lucky you guys have a few members from middle school here hehe cuz i got ideas (ik last time i had an idea i nearly died but this time it's a good one) we need to change things a little and I know we just have a whole remodel of the website but dats wut i mean...... we need a social media account for stuff here are my recommendations of things that will help us grow"

official snapchat page
a discord channel
a motto and mascot
meet and greets
AN APP
team rivals and stuff

Fairs, I mean u do have a point there. But it really depends cos whereas u might think all of us are of a single personality (apparently “nerdy”), that’s really not the case. I mean I can tell u I got way too many different things mixed into one being and Beyblade is still my hobby alongside and no one seems to mind that knows of it. My other hobbies include; football, rugby, tennis, basketball (not any good tho), rounders, baseball, table tennis, pool/snooker, reading books etc and I dress in what people call “roadman” attire lol. While u have a fair point about people looking down on certain hobbies, when you get older you tend not to care what people think. As long as u got real mates, they might have a laugh once in a while using ur hobby against u but are generally accepting of who u are.
(Oct. 15, 2017  2:15 PM)Yblader1 Wrote:

official snapchat page
a discord channel
a motto and mascot
meet and greets
AN APP
team rivals and stuff

Fairs, I mean u do have a point there. But it really depends cos whereas u might think all of us are of a single personality (apparently “nerdy”), that’s really not the case. I mean I can tell u I got way too many different things mixed into one being and Beyblade is still my hobby alongside and no one seems to mind that knows of it. My other hobbies include; football, rugby, tennis, basketball (not any good tho), rounders, baseball, table tennis, pool/snooker, reading books etc and I dress in what people call “roadman” attire lol. While u have a fair point about people looking down on certain hobbies, when you get older you tend not to care what people think. As long as u got real mates, they might have a laugh once in a while using ur hobby against u but are generally accepting of who u are.

I really hate the term roadman, being used to label a whole demographic of people
(Oct. 15, 2017  2:15 PM)Yblader1 Wrote:

official snapchat page
a discord channel
a motto and mascot
meet and greets
AN APP
team rivals and stuff

i didnt say u guys looked nerdy because u are........ im just letting u know if u go to a modern day school r out in public and say hey you wanna battle.. people are gunna laugh at you which is holding us back from spreading faster and all these lonely balders 

AND DIDNT I SAY NOT TO SAY U DONT CARE AS U GET OLDER -3- DIS AINT ABOUT US FEELIN BULLIED ITS ABOUT US STUCK IN THIS LITTLE TINY WHOLE BECAUSE PEOPLE BUT AT IN A POSITION WHERE WE ARE LOOKED DOWN ON................ *breathes* im goood Argh! Wut!?
You make it seem like being "nerdy" is a bad thing. Not everyone who plays it will be labelled as a nerd.
I don't agree with some parts in your post but one thing's true - WBO needs better and more merchandise.
(Oct. 15, 2017  7:08 PM)Jinbee Wrote: You make it seem like being "nerdy" is a bad thing. Not everyone who plays it will be labelled as a nerd.

u guys aren't getting the point -Tired

I'm talking about modern day schools I'm not talking about everyone and i will say it AGAIN if you go to a modern day school and stood on a stage and yelled in like Beyblade ..... 90% with think ur a weirdo weeb (not saying u are) AND ARE U GUYS EVEN PAYING ATTENTION TO MY RECOMMENDATIONS
While your idea is good, you're execution is just plain immature, I'm not sure I follow your 'recommendations'
(Oct. 15, 2017  10:56 AM)Morsoe Wrote: That's a lot of stuff and I wouldn't agree with the nerd aspect,  i'm not one and people dont identify me as suchbit aside from that you do seem zealous about blades and that good but this website is mostly full of adult volunteers who have lives outside of beyblade , I myself have a family? If you and the younger members would like to to this i'd suggest speaking to the mods or directly to Hasbro themselves with your ideas

u just pointed out the main thing i wanted to change...... this is a website for adults volunteers

(nothing wrong with being an adult on here u guys run the website and keep it safe) BUUUUUT lets be real are you gonna go up to a guy in Toronto or in new york who just got back from work and gonna ask him HEY WANNA JOIN THE WBO ....... uuhh no

beyblade attracts the younger audience the younger audience is the one being picked on at school and all that stuff I'm in 7th grade if you tell someone u like Beyblade they will disown u that goes for just liking how they look (and if u say just ignore them or don't care what they say I will screeeeam)  I'm trying to help 

HAVE U EVEN LOOKED AT MEH RECOMMENDATIONS

(Oct. 15, 2017  7:14 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: While your idea is good, you're execution is just plain immature, I'm not sure I follow your 'recommendations'

SEEEE "immature" I DONT WANNA BE MATURE IMMA KID KIDS LIKE THOSE THINGS THERE ARE LONELY KIDS OUT THERE WHO HAVE NO ONE TO BATTLE WITH BECAUSE THIS WEBSITE IS TO MATURE WE NEED SILLY-NESS WE NEED STUFF KIDS LIKE LIKE SOCIAL MEDIA, SWAGGED OUT MERCH (i cant believe i typed that) AND A GOOD REASON TO JOIN THE WBO Grin
(Oct. 15, 2017  7:18 PM)top beyblader10 Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2017  10:56 AM)Morsoe Wrote: That's a lot of stuff and I wouldn't agree with the nerd aspect,  i'm not one and people dont identify me as suchbit aside from that you do seem zealous about blades and that good but this website is mostly full of adult volunteers who have lives outside of beyblade , I myself have a family? If you and the younger members would like to to this i'd suggest speaking to the mods or directly to Hasbro themselves with your ideas

u just pointed out the main thing i wanted to change...... this is a website for adults volunteers

(nothing wrong with being an adult on here u guys run the website and keep it safe) BUUUUUT lets be real are you gonna go up to a guy in Toronto or in new york who just got back from work and gonna ask him HEY WANNA JOIN THE WBO ....... uuhh no

beyblade attracts the younger audience the younger audience is the one being picked on at school and all that stuff I'm in 7th grade if you tell someone u like Beyblade they will disown u that goes for just liking how they look (and if u say just ignore them or don't care what they say I will screeeeam)  I'm trying to help 

HAVE U EVEN LOOKED AT MEH RECOMMENDATIONS

(Oct. 15, 2017  7:14 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: While your idea is good, you're execution is just plain immature, I'm not sure I follow your 'recommendations'

SEEEE "immature" I DONT WANNA BE MATURE IMMA KID KIDS LIKE THOSE THINGS THERE ARE LONELY KIDS OUT THERE WHO HAVE NO ONE TO BATTLE WITH BECAUSE THIS WEBSITE IS TO MATURE WE NEED SILLY-NESS WE NEED STUFF KIDS LIKE LIKE SOCIAL MEDIA, SWAGGED OUT MERCH (i cant believe i typed that) AND A GOOD REASON TO JOIN THE WBO Grin

Ok, don't just go ignoring the contributions adults have made. People like Kai-V are the reason this site even exists. And a lot of the things you mentioned would make us be taken even less seriously. Not to be a bully or anything, but I would prefer the professionalism this site already has.
actually yes I do ask people but the reason people may not join is mostly because they're lazy and see it as hassle, there are lots of people youtubers included who are not part of wbo but still very active in beyblade, but to be honest alot of your reasoning is subjective and really just assumptions.

also  --"let's face we all know if people think we are nerds.... you wouldn't go on a date and say one of the hobbies i love is beyblading.... if u do.... don't do that" 

NOT TRUE if you carry yourself well and have confidence you can easily do so

to be honest It really sounds like you want a revamp for wbo that more than likely won't happen,

"official snapchat page
a discord channel
a motto and mascot
meet and greets
AN APP
team rivals and stuff
 that's all I can think of right now"

yeah I did,
all of this is too much and more than likely no really cares for all of this that much too and it needs money. I you're prepared to fund some of these ideas  e'g live webchat, APP then fine, as I said "If you and the younger members would like to to this i'd suggest speaking to the mods or directly to Hasbro themselves with your ideas" 

"Teams like you could have a team that designs beys or a team that creates merch ideas"
sorry to be harsh but nobody has time for that unless as I said "If you and the younger members would like to to this i'd suggest speaking to the mods or directly to Hasbro themselves with your ideas"

It really seems like you feel you are entitled to have all your wants met, like WBO has an obligation, unfortunately it doesn't and unfortunately you are the only one that can change your situation not strangers, ( I have great experience with the WHOLE SCHOOL (from year 7-9 bullying me) and friends bullying me at some point) but as long you are confident in your self and make the right decision you'll be fine and can turn it around, what I really think you should do is perhaps create a website with all of those qualities you mentioned and gather some like minded individuals, not scream at a WBO because you don't like the way its run, Its not helping.

Alot of those suggestions wbo has tried and have implemented, e.g a beymap, youtube lessons etc and the mods and us included at wbo do try our best to be hospitable to everyone but again "If you and the younger members would like to to this i'd suggest speaking to the mods or directly to Hasbro themselves with your ideas" 
I'm just gonna go ahead and close this wishlist. I don't think there's much I can add to this that others haven't already; we're a small team, we're entirely non-profit and there's a lot of stuff on there that is horribly unrealistic. There's even a tonne of stuff we have or do anyway; social media, merchandise, motto/mascot, fundraisers, teams etc. Stuff like an app won't happen because we have a perfectly working mobile site anyway, and I certainly don't think we're too strict either. Some of the events I've been to and discussions I've been in have been some of the most relaxed they could possibly be.

I do think you need to drop the "nerd" mentality as well. Alright, if people think we're nerds, we're nerds. Are you going to let it stop you if you enjoy Beyblade that much though? Ignore it or embrace it, don't let it bother you.

But yeah, this isn't going anywhere either. Closing this thread down.