WBO vs. Hasbro/Nelvana RPG Community Project- claim your job!

That's fine. I can be patient. Wink
(Dec. 31, 2008  10:48 PM)Pichuscute Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2008  5:26 PM)yruahippo Wrote: I'm suprised to see you're still going at it. Uncertain Well done though. Smile Can we see a screenshot or something?

Ok, sorry Brad, I was just bumping to show people I'm still working on it, but if you don't want me to, I'll stop.
Also, I wish I could post a screenshot but the version of Gamemaker I have(free version) won't allow taking screenshots and my computer doesn't save the screenshots when you use that one built-in function(one of the F# buttons?) for it. I might post a walking demo when I get a few more areas done, though(no battle engine or anything).

You press the Print Screen button and paste it into Paint, that should work. Unless you're using a Mac.

Seems interesting though. What will I need to play it?
(Jan. 01, 2009  6:43 AM)Mankster Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2008  10:48 PM)Pichuscute Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2008  5:26 PM)yruahippo Wrote: I'm suprised to see you're still going at it. Uncertain Well done though. Smile Can we see a screenshot or something?

Ok, sorry Brad, I was just bumping to show people I'm still working on it, but if you don't want me to, I'll stop.
Also, I wish I could post a screenshot but the version of Gamemaker I have(free version) won't allow taking screenshots and my computer doesn't save the screenshots when you use that one built-in function(one of the F# buttons?) for it. I might post a walking demo when I get a few more areas done, though(no battle engine or anything).

You press the Print Screen button and paste it into Paint, that should work. Unless you're using a Mac.

Seems interesting though. What will I need to play it?

Yes, that doesn't work on my computer for some reason, I've tried it quite a few times and I've never found where it saves it to.
Does your computer have an Fn button? Try holding that down and pressing it.
I dont have that button. =(
Ok, I've got an awesome battle engine with a nice style and a bunch of effects that help it look pretty professional. I don't know how many overhead pics of beyblades I can find to use on this, but I'm kepping them for now. I can also take screenshots now, so I'll post some(used photobucket finally).
HERE
Just letting you guys kno its still being made, and actually showing some stuff from it. I'll post some sort of demo as soon as I get one more area mapped.
The battle pic looks pretty intense man.
Edited and Fixed my post. Thanks Shikamaru =).
No prob. Looking forward to the demo.>>
(Jan. 21, 2009  2:29 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote: No prob. Looking forward to the demo.>>

It'll just be a walking demo/graphic test. But I'll post both engines.
wow! thats interesting,it looks better than mfb ds lol
cant wait!
Awesome battle engine! Grin Definitely wanna play this now.
You guys will probably be dissappointed with my progress, but it takes awhile to do all this stuff. I might as well show you guys what I got so far, so heres the overworld engine: http://www.2shared.com/file/4718595/9d15...blade.html
and here is the battle engine(this one needs the most work): http://www.2shared.com/file/4718622/e2c3...01994.html
nice,but i didnt like that u can fully control ur blade,beyblade isnt like that.its better if they move alone but u can like change its movment a bit, and u can use attacks.
but good job,cnt wait for the game
(Jan. 26, 2009  6:51 PM)pegasis Wrote: nice,but i didnt like that u can fully control ur blade,beyblade isnt like that.its better if they move alone but u can like change its movment a bit, and u can use attacks.

ill be adding that later, there are alot of variables i have to make to put that in. but youll still be able to fully control your blade =/
Looking good so far, Pichu, the snapshots were awesome! I can't wait to try the demo for it if I'm able too.
(Jan. 26, 2009  6:51 PM)pegasis Wrote: nice,but i didnt like that u can fully control ur blade,beyblade isnt like that.its better if they move alone but u can like change its movment a bit, and u can use attacks.

A literal conversion of Beyblade to a video game would be boring as hell so he should take liberties.
(Jan. 27, 2009  2:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

A literal conversion of Beyblade to a video game would be boring as hell so he should take liberties.

This is why I'm not taking away the controllin, it'll be basicly the only part that isn't realistic, unless I add bitbeast/special attacks. I've gotta find a way to balance them with everything else I've got planned, though.
i totally agree with the "controlling" thing..itd get boring if youre just there watching the battle..like in real life...
-.-;
but yea..good job man im all excited now Pinching_eyes_2
I totally Doubt i can play this on my mac. D:
IDK, do they play .exe files? I think they should be compatable.
(Jan. 27, 2009  10:03 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: IDK, do they play .exe files? I think they should be compatable.

No, they don't. Jehuis, you'd have to run it under Windows.
Dang, I wouldn't be able to use MAC's. They really need to make them compatable with stuff.