WBO vs. Hasbro/Nelvana RPG Community Project- claim your job!

(Nov. 03, 2008  12:03 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Awesome! Gives us an update when your ready. And quick question: which game are you using for the base of the battle engine?

I wanted something like G-rev, but with Attack, Defense, and Endurance built in to make it less impossible to loose and so that the battles are faster. I haven't gotten it worked out at all (I have no idea how I'm gonna code it). If I can't out how to do that, then I will do something like how the Gamecube and PSone games were.
okies. Is it gonna be a flash game? It sounds like it's going to be in 3d.
It'll be made in Game Maker and is 2d, =P.
I haven't had time to work on this. To many other things to do, but I have some spare time right now so I'm gonna tinker with the text engine and then start mapping. I've got alot of the maps planned out so I just have to it on the computer. Don't expect a demo soon, though.
(Dec. 02, 2008  12:21 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I haven't had time to work on this. To many other things to do, but I have some spare time right now so I'm gonna tinker with the text engine and then start mapping. I've got alot of the maps planned out so I just have to it on the computer. Don't expect a demo soon, though.

oh my god just go work at beybladeforums
(Dec. 02, 2008  7:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2008  12:21 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I haven't had time to work on this. To many other things to do, but I have some spare time right now so I'm gonna tinker with the text engine and then start mapping. I've got alot of the maps planned out so I just have to it on the computer. Don't expect a demo soon, though.

oh my god just go work at beybladeforums

lol, sorry dude. and I don't get that^^^^^
EDIT: update, I've finished the text engine as much as i feel like fixing for this game(you can move a little still while people are talking to you and you use a seperate button to talk and end talking than you do to go thru the text they are saying) and have started mapping, adding warps, and doing minor spriting. this is going along smoothly right now. if you guys want an early demo for proof, ill upload one.
(Sep. 12, 2008  5:04 AM)G Wrote: beyblade racing game off of mario kart's system

I would SO play that. 8D
gamemaker? ouch u should make it a 3d 3rd person rpg about the origin of beyblading in a small village in japan or somethin on the lines of evil bit beast ploting to kill everyone or somethin btw make the main caracter a (hot) girl
(Dec. 04, 2008  9:54 PM)savatoex Wrote: gamemaker? ouch u should make it a 3d 3rd person rpg about the origin of beyblading in a small village in japan or somethin on the lines of evil bit beast ploting to kill everyone or somethin btw make the main caracter a (hot) girl

Andrew
(Dec. 04, 2008  10:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2008  9:54 PM)savatoex Wrote: gamemaker? ouch u should make it a 3d 3rd person rpg about the origin of beyblading in a small village in japan or somethin on the lines of evil bit beast ploting to kill everyone or somethin btw make the main caracter a (hot) girl

Andrew
???
[Image: WEEGEE.jpg]
good luck on the game i can help with editing the story 4 u
It'll basicly be following a mix of the beyblade anime and manga as the storyline with a few minor changes so ya. I thinking this game is gonna get pretty big. And I chose Gamemaker because its the only program I have any background with that makes video games. Gamemaker could do that but I lost my registration code when I had to reformat my PC and lost registered version D=, I was thinkin of doing that until then.

Also, the mapping is going smoothly, no problems have come up yet.

Finally, which do you guys prefer, the music that is used the GBA games, the English soundtrack, original tracks, midi's of many of the songs, or a mix of all of them? Post what music you would prefer in the game. I would prefer using the themes of the English anime(the voiceless themes in the background of the episodes, but I get them anywhere unless they play on the menus of the dvd's of G-rev.).
Why not making your own BB parts and own characters? Just let the name remain the same. And let the graphics remain as sprites.
Cuz, i'm not original =P. I might do this, I probly won't, though.
And right now,I'm working on music. Tell me what music you want in the game, peoples.
i see this thread bumped all the time, so i read through it ... and still don't get what you're doing
Use a mix of music from Japanese, dubbed, and Italian dub of beyblade.
Ok, I check that music out then, do you happen to have any of those, I have no idea where to look to find em =P. Artie: I'm making a video game......a beyblade one.
Bey-Uk has all Eng dubbed songs.
(Dec. 12, 2008  6:01 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Bey-Uk has all Eng dubbed songs.

I have all those. But what about Japanese and Italian? I also have other background themes from the battles in the Eng dub. I'll be using them since I luv 'em.
I'm a slow worker but I'm getting stuff done on the game. Mainly got more music and mapping done.
Update: I was seriously thinking on switching the program I was making this with to RPG Maker XP after Brad had showed me the program, but decided not to just because ?I did not want to start over again. That and I didn't like the way mapping was done in that program compared to Gamemaker. I have sprited a bunch of tiles i needed to finish making Tyson's house (it takes forever). And I added people to talk to (NPC's). I started somewhat on the Battle engine(only slightly, though, haven't gotten the movement I want in it yet, though). I'll be working much more on it this vacation as long as we don't lose our power, A major ice storm is supposedly coming this way.
You really should've started with the battle engine. It's the most important part.
(Dec. 19, 2008  3:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: You really should've started with the battle engine. It's the most important part.

Yes, I kno. I'm sure I can handle it, though. It might take awhile but I'll get it.
UPDATE: I've gotten the movement engine complete for the battle engine and I'm very happy with it. I need to add colitions next.
can you please stop bumping this topic unless you have something to show us

i'm sure this is all cool for you but it's meaningless for us if we can't see it or play it
I'm suprised to see you're still going at it. Uncertain Well done though. Smile Can we see a screenshot or something?
(Dec. 31, 2008  5:26 PM)yruahippo Wrote: I'm suprised to see you're still going at it. Uncertain Well done though. Smile Can we see a screenshot or something?

Ok, sorry Brad, I was just bumping to show people I'm still working on it, but if you don't want me to, I'll stop.
Also, I wish I could post a screenshot but the version of Gamemaker I have(free version) won't allow taking screenshots and my computer doesn't save the screenshots when you use that one built-in function(one of the F# buttons?) for it. I might post a walking demo when I get a few more areas done, though(no battle engine or anything).