WBO's plagiarism

I am googling when I just saw THIS.
It is clearly a sinister attempt to copy everything on the WBO on a free domain without know anything about what is a domain, database mysql, and a million other things.
A brief introduction, forumcommunity, forumfree and blogfree are free italian circuits, and it is easy to know who own a forum like this, however, this case is more hilarious due to the carelessness of this guy.
Is easy, too easy, to figure out who has been to make this:

"Buddy ListNew PostsToday's PostsPrivate Messages (0) Welcome back, ¬TBK Zekrom! My SettingsLog Out"

People like him should never play with google chrome *facepalm* never seen so much idiocy concentrated in only one person...however, if you don't know who he is, he is also an user of the WBO, an user of the Italian WBO (where I am a mod, if someone don't know). I think that is better to ban him.

I have created this thread not only for this case, but because I am quite sure that around the net there are other similar web spaces build by some other inept, so if someone see something report it here with screenshot (don't post links here, send them to the staff)

If you want to help the WBO against plagiarism you can use this search engine to search similar sites: http://www.copyscape.com/

If you can is preferable that you use Uwik's directives to make us know about a plagiarism: read here.
Amazing. None of it works and when you click on the member names it brings you to their profile here. And it's all from years ago haha. Thank god none of it works.
(Mar. 25, 2013  1:01 PM)Ultra Wrote: Amazing. None of it works and when you click on the member names it brings you to their profile here.
Yes, people will never learn. I don't know if it is more hilarious or pathetic.
However I can imagine how he went later by his friends saying something like "I am an hacker!!1!" LOL
I have already communicated this thread to Kai-V and the rest of the staff.
I'm actually more curious about how you found this. XD
(Mar. 25, 2013  1:07 PM)Cannon Wrote: I'm actually more curious about how you found this. XD
I am surfing around forumcommunity, where this forum is; forumcommunity is a net-circuit as I already told few posts before, and for this reason there are many forum, I searched some forum about beyblade when I saw this opprobrium and I thought "It's just a bad dream or what else?!" LOL
That is a hilarious attempt to copy the features of the WBO, haha!
Last Post was in the BeyDays 2011 topic?! Wow, that is REALLY old.
(Mar. 25, 2013  1:15 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: That is a hilarious attempt to copy the features of the WBO, haha!
Last Post was in the BeyDays 2011 topic?! Wow, that is REALLY old.
Unfortunately, I found this forum just now. In future I'll try to check more carefully this net for other plagiarism Smile
I hope that someone will help me on other nets!
Oh no, I mean to say that the site has been a really old copy of the WBO, haha!
And you finding it is just..... Wow. No one would have known of such a Forum anyway...
(Mar. 25, 2013  1:23 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Oh no, I mean to say that the site has been a really old copy of the WBO, haha!
And you finding it is just..... Wow. No one would have known of such a Forum anyway...
I had understood it Smile In reality there are many search engines to find out if you've been plagiarized xD If someone want to help me with this project I can add in the first post some tools Smile
Uhm, there's a similar website, a ZetaBoard. I don't remember/bookmark the link, but it's exactly a copy of the WBO's layout, except for the banner.
It's named International Beyblade Organization if I remember correctly.
the format's almost same
News
IBO General
Beyblade General
Introduce Yourself
Beyblade Customizations
Official Events
I added a new word for my vocabulary 'plagiarism', I heard about it for the first time you know.
(Apr. 07, 2013  5:05 PM)zeneo Wrote: Uhm, there's a similar website, a ZetaBoard. I don't remember/bookmark the link, but it's exactly a copy of the WBO's layout, except for the banner.
the format's almost same
News
IBO General
Beyblade General
Introduce Yourself
Beyblade Customizations
Official Events
I added a new word for my vocabulary 'plagiarism', I heard about it for the first time you know.
I've done some researches but I haven't found anything so, if you can, is better if you can give us a link, so the staff can see it Smile
However thank you for the segnalation!
(Apr. 07, 2013  5:09 PM)C a o S³ Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2013  5:05 PM)zeneo Wrote: Uhm, there's a similar website, a ZetaBoard. I don't remember/bookmark the link, but it's exactly a copy of the WBO's layout, except for the banner.
the format's almost same
News
IBO General
Beyblade General
Introduce Yourself
Beyblade Customizations
Official Events
I've done some researches but I haven't found anything so, if you can, is better if you can give us a link, so the staff can see it Smile
However thank you for the segnalation!
I think this is it: http://w11.zetaboards.com/BeybladeWorld/index/
I can also provide the user who keeps trying to invite me to the site if any of you want to report him or something.
Yes, that's the exact link, thanks for providing the link, MFB1. As you may have seen, it's exactly the same, and most probably many threads of the WBO are just copy-pasted over there. Also, there are many pages saying they're the WBO, you can check them. Our official one has about 1250 likes. There's one more with 550 likes. There are some groups, but then there are just fake pages.
(Apr. 08, 2013  6:06 AM)zeneo Wrote: Yes, that's the exact link, thanks for providing the link, MFB1. As you may have seen, it's exactly the same, and most probably many threads of the WBO are just copy-pasted over there. Also, there are many pages saying they're the WBO, you can check them. Our official one has about 1250 likes. There's one more with 550 likes. There are some groups, but then there are just fake pages.
Glad I could help. I might as well just also show you the user who keeps trying to invite me. His username is ST0RM.
http://worldbeyblade.org/User-ST0RM
I actually replied to him saying why should I join their site if I am already on the WBO and he simply stated "Just check it out because you can do more". Lol..
Thanks guys for your great work! I will provide to add to the first post all this scam link (:

PS. I just saw the link, but I don't know if we can call it plagiarism 'cause it is not a complete copy of the WBO
Most of these guys make Facebook pages and sites to replicate the success of WBO. They're usually banned members, or those who think they should be moderators. I don't understand why so many people have the urge to attain success. If everyone starts to make their own organization, this hobby won't stand. I would take this post to talk about World Beyblade Tourneys Organization(WBTOT). Even they copy WBO's stuff and are composed of usually banned WBO members. I think someone can provide their link. Smile
(Apr. 08, 2013  8:02 AM)zeneo Wrote: Most of these guys make Facebook pages and sites to replicate the success of WBO. They're usually banned members, or those who think they should be moderators. I don't understand why so many people have the urge to attain success. If everyone starts to make their own organization, this hobby won't stand. I would take this post to talk about World Beyblade Tourneys Organization(WBTOT). Even they copy WBO's stuff and are composed of usually banned WBO members. I think someone can provide their link. Smile
Certainly, but we have to make a difference between site that are only fansite about beyblade and site that copy many functionality of the WBO.
Many admin of these sites are not interested to be something like an organization, but just a beyblade forum, so we can't call them all "plagiarism", do you know what I mean? Smile
(Apr. 08, 2013  7:50 AM)C a o S³ Wrote: Thanks guys for your great work! I will provide to add to the first post all this scam link (:

PS. I just saw the link, but I don't know if we can call it plagiarism 'cause it is not a complete copy of the WBO
I think it should be considered plagiarism since it has most of the aspects of the WBO itself, of course it is not an exact replica, but its obviously based off the WBO. Then again thats just my opinion, we could always let the staff discuss this.
Yes I do. But atleast they should be creative enough to come out with their own unique functionality. It's not good to copy anyone you know, especially someone's hard work.
I surely know they're not forming an organization, but their admins are diverting future WBO members to their site.
(Apr. 08, 2013  8:07 AM)MBF1 Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2013  7:50 AM)C a o S³ Wrote: Thanks guys for your great work! I will provide to add to the first post all this scam link (:

I think it should be considered plagiarism since it has most of the aspects of the WBO itself, of course it is not an exact replica, but its obviously based off the WBO. Then again thats just my opinion, we could always let the staff discuss this.
Looking more carefully I think you're right, because the sections is quite the same, they have only changed the order; I have also saw that they have copied most of the WBO rules page here: http://w11.zetaboards.com/BeybladeWorld/...8455085/1/
(Apr. 08, 2013  8:12 AM)zeneo Wrote: Yes I do. But atleast they should be creative enough to come out with their own unique functionality. It's not good to copy anyone you know, especially someone's hard work.
I surely know they're not forming an organization, but their admins are diverting future WBO members to their site.
That's for sure but I think that a real plagiarism can be considered if it also has some copied topic or something that is evident that was copied.
(Apr. 08, 2013  8:12 AM)C a o S³ Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2013  8:07 AM)MBF1 Wrote:

Looking more carefully I think you're right, because the sections is quite the same, they have only changed the order; I have also saw that they have copied most of the WBO rules page here: http://w11.zetaboards.com/BeybladeWorld/...8455085/1/
My point exactly.
You see MFB1's post right? The WBO's rules are copied.
Also, they have changed the order of the sections cunningly. After this, I only have a serious problem with WBTOT. Search up Google on that and you should find that site.
(Apr. 08, 2013  8:21 AM)zeneo Wrote: You see MFB1's post right? The WBO's rules are copied.
Also, they have changed the order of the sections cunningly. After this, I only have a serious problem with WBTOT. Search up Google on that and you should find that site.
Yes yes, so the conclusion is that we can classify it as a site that has plagiarized the WBO; If you can look for other site like this, post the link and we can discuss about if it is a plagiarism or not Smile
There are many other beyblade related pages, forums, blogs, etc ,and tbh, as long as they don't blatantly plagiarize WBO's contents (threads, posts, BeyWiki, rehosting Beyblade Channel's video, etc), there is really nothing wrong with it. We do try to accommodate all sorts of beybladers & hobbyist in WBO, but of course, there will be some who don't always see eye to eye, and would prefer to start their own. Just leave them be, most of the time, they will die off within months anyway.

Also, fyi, by linking to those sites, you are indirectly giving them free publicity. I think screenshot is more preferred, and if there's a need for a follow up, you can always PM a Committee Member the link.
(Apr. 08, 2013  8:35 AM)Uwik Wrote: There are many other beyblade related pages, forums, blogs, etc ,and tbh, as long as they don't blatantly plagiarize WBO's contents (threads, posts, BeyWiki, rehosting Beyblade Channel's video, etc), there is really nothing wrong with it. We do try to accommodate all sorts of beybladers & hobbyist in WBO, but of course, there will be some who don't always see eye to eye, and would prefer to start their own. Just leave them be, most of the time, they will die off within months anyway.

Also, fyi, by linking to those sites, you are indirectly giving them free publicity. I think screenshot is more preferred, and if there's a need for a follow up, you can always PM a Committee Member the link.
Awh, thanks Uwik for this grinding comment! I am going to remove the link from the first post Smile