WBO Second Anniversary + Brad Day!!

[Image: BradDayHeader.png]

Time goes by so quickly : the World Beyblade Organization is two years old already, and Beywiki is three years old!

Needless to say, the rebirth of Beyblade has really helped propel this website way beyond expectations! Recently, the development of Beyblade outside East Asia by Hasbro has even further made this hobby a universal phenomenon, as our count of members has reached more than 22,000 World Bladers, and our tournaments keep spreading and becoming more frequent. Some people pick things up where others, busy with life, left them, in a way that this website and this game keep evolving so strongly year after year!

To celebrate the second anniversary of the biggest fan-run Beyblade organisation ever made, we will once again hold a giveaway! However, only Passport Holders will be able to participate : they are, after all, those who have heavily supported the site for such a long time. And since our demography has incredibly increased over even just this past year, we have even bigger prizes than last time! Every Passport Holder who will post in the giveaway topic will be entered and thirteen winners will be picked out of everyone: ten will receive a Face Booster from which a special Face can be gotten, and three other winners will get to choose between Mercury Anubis 85XF, Vulcan Horuseus 145D, and Divine Chimera TR145FB! But hurry up, you only have until Tuesday 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time to post in the appropriate thread, do not miss your chance!

We also want to introduce Release 3 of the Organized Play Rulebooks:
Standard Rules Release 3
Universal Rules Release 3
A few mistakes were corrected, such as the sentence in the Standard Rules that somehow legalized all Metal Fight Beyblade Beystadiums. From now on, it is clear that only three Beystadiums are considered legal: the Attack Type, Balance Type and Super Attack Type stadiums exclusively. The Tornado Beystadium was officially made illegal as well. Furthermore, it came to our attention that a ridiculous amount of accessories could be added to a Launcher Grip, therefore we added a new rule: each Blader can only take up half of the Beystadium before and while launching, regardless of how big their launcher and accessories may be.

Wait, are we forgetting about something ? …

It’s also Brad Day!

This year we also want to take a whole day to highlight how thankful we are for everything Brad did for this community, even way before the creation of Beywiki. I won’t go into as many details as last time, but head over to this thread to learn more about what Brad contributed to all of us to make this site, this hobby, what it is right now!

So, what would be a Brad Day without a complete layout makeover?! This year, since it was awkward for Brad to see his face all over the place, we decided to concentrate on his past avatars and on his quotes instead!

For those of you who really missed out on the opportunity to have conversations with Brad, you have to know one thing: he’s very straightforward. He has a unique sense of humour dripping with so much sarcasm you wouldn’t believe it! Whenever a bad comment is made, you’re stuck with both a slap, and a laugh! But rest assured, Brad is of course able to make fun of himself; he’s just an incredibly enjoyable individual to have around! I think I speak for all the veterans right now : without Brad, the Beyblade community would never have been so much fun both in playing and in conversing.

To support and metaphorically give a round of applause to this special Beyblader, we invite you to add this icon in your signature. What’s important is to keep it at least for the duration of Brad Day, but nothing stops you from always having it in your signature!

[Image: bradday2seal.png]

In case you’re wondering what is written in the banner, here are the quotes we used as well as others, and we invite you to submit more of them if you find any messages Brad posted that you think are funny and need to be immortalized!

Brad’s funniest quotes (Click to View)

Well, that’s all, enjoy this day where we honour Brad and celebrate the second anniversary of the WBO! Be an “MFB” like us too!
First post!!!!!!! and happy anniversary
Congrats to the WBO and Brad!
I've spent a little under half a year, but I couldn't feel closer to a website Smile

EDIT: I think I'm gonna cry. Crying
Woo! Brad day.
Time to party.

And happy anniversary WBO, Smile
happy anniversery brad! and thank you for starting the WBO!
Happy anniversary WBO! and happy day before Bey Brad's birthday day!
Happy Anniversary wbo.com!!!! And congragulation Brad!!!!!!!
Happy Brad Day! 1st page!
YES, WE DID IT AGAIN BRAD. Grin

Gathering quotes made me realize how much better this board was when you were around. But nevertheless, we are forging onward!

I hope everyone enjoys what we (admittedly, hastily) put together!
Two years doesn't seem that long for a site like this to grow, but 22,000 members...that's massive. Happy Anniversary!

Excellent job on the banner, guys. It seems like you made a great effort, and it really paid off!

I also think that this quote should be added...
(Sep. 13, 2010  7:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: GENOCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE REXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

*guitar solo*
I thought it was quite funny, but others may think otherwise...
I was quite surprised with what happened to the WBO's banner. But then I read this and realized already. Though I joined here when Bey Brad already left, I feel he is really cool and stuff.

Anyways, congrats WBO! \m/
Congrats WBO , Happy Brad Day & love the new banner , bey brad still visits the forum , at least it says on his last visit
(Dec. 05, 2010  5:46 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Two years doesn't seem that long for a site like this to grow, but 22,000 members...that's massive. Happy Anniversary!

Excellent job on the banner, guys. It seems like you made a great effort, and it really paid off!

I also think that this quote should be added...
(Sep. 13, 2010  7:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: GENOCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE REXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

*guitar solo*

It's funny looking at that quote where he predicted we would reach 5000 members by the end of 2010, isn't it!

Don't forget the buttons!

Ahaha, forgot about that one. I will add it.
Yay,new banner,happy anniversary!!!
(Dec. 05, 2010  5:46 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: I also think that this quote should be added...

*guitar solo*

Aw what happened to my post? XD Well that sucks. But that was pretty funny, I started cracking up when I read that. But as I said in my LAST post, these past 4 months here have been awesome. You guys have been so helpful and I can't even imagine how awesome it's been for the people who've been here for the past 2 years. Now let's hope that we make it to a third year!
I forgot about this lol.

Oh how I miss Brad's posts. They were so entertaining.
loving the changes and happy brad day
Happy Brad Day, and anniversary everyone! Tongue_out_wink
The strange row of icons in the middle of the banner are not Earth Aquila's, but Dranzer V2's. If you read some of the quotes in the first post, you should get the reference, hah.
Loving the quotes in the banner, haha.

Happy Brad Day! :)
GUYS YOU'RE SO AWESOME I LOVE AND MISS ALL OF YOU

My quotes are way funnier out of context. I can't imagine what I must be talking about in half of them.

also holy lol i just noticed the dranzer v2s
BRAAAAAAAAAAAD! Haha thanks for making this site *fistbump*
The best part is that the WBO has entered an era where like 10,000+ people are likely to not have any idea who I am.
Those poor, poor people......
Your sense of humor really brings a lot of beef to the game Brad!