WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

So I just picked up a Super Control BeyStadium in my local toystore. Do you guys want to see some tests on it to see whether it can be used for WBO Organized Play?
Sure, absolutely. What we essentially want to see is some basic battles with the current top-tier combinations, with comparisons to battles in the currently legal stadiums.
OK, I'll do

Attack vs Defense
Stamina vs Stamina

in both stadiums (Super Control Beystadium vs BB-10 Attack Stadium)
Standard Procedure
Super Control Beystadium vs BB-10 Attack Stadium
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Control Beystadium :
MF-H VariAres R145 RF vs. MF-H Duo Bull BD145 RDF
MF-H VariAres R145 RF: 2 win (2 KO)
MF-H Duo Bull BD145 RDF: 18 win (18 OS)
VariAres win percentage: 10%

BB-10 Attack Stadium :
MF-H VariAres R145 RF vs. MF-H Duo Bull BD145 RDF
MF-H VariAres R145 RF: 4 win (2 KO)
MF-H Duo Bull BD145 RDF: 16 win (18 OS)
VariAres win percentage: 20%
MF-H VariAres R145 RF vs. MF-H Phantom AD145 WD
MF-H VariAres R145 RF: 19 win (19 KO)
MF-H Phantom AD145 WD: 1 win (1 OS)
VariAres win percentage: 95%

BB-10 Attack Stadium :
MF-H VariAres R145 RF vs. MF-H Phantom AD145 WD
MF-H VariAres R145 RF: 19 win (19 KO)
MF-H Phantom AD145 WD: 1 win (1 OS)
VariAres win percentage: 95%
MF-H Duo Bull BD145 RDF vs. MF-H Phantom AD145 WD
MF-H Duo Bull BD145 RDF: 0 win (--)
MF-H Phantom AD145 WD: 20 win (20 OS)
VariAres win percentage: 0%

BB-10 Attack Stadium :
MF-H Duo Bull BD145 RDF vs. MF-H Phantom AD145 WD
MF-H Duo Bull BD145 RDF: 0 win (--)
MF-H Phantom AD145 WD: 20 win (20 OS)
VariAres win percentage: 0%
Launches:
Basic launches such as Tornado Stall, Slide Shoot can be done without any problem on the Super Control BeyStadium, similar to BB-10 Attack Stadium.

Physical observation:
I personally like this Super Control BeyStadium. Based on touch, it feels like the Tornado Ridge is slightly deeper than BB-10 Attack Stadium. The flower pattern is much nicer. Stalling on the ridge is also faster.

There are 2 'pockets'. When launched on these 'pockets', the beys will come down to center within 1-2 seconds, so this is not an issue. The walls on these pockets are 'lower' than the BB-10's walls. In a way, it is to make up the extra distance they bey needs to travel and jump over the wall for wild KOs.

Notes:
There is a tiny bowl between the exit and the pocket area, where the plastic ring in RC battles is placed. Only 1 time VariAres' bottom was caught in it, and could not get out. It killed the stamina almost instantly. However, rest assured that these instances are extremely rare. I've had it happened only once throughout the tests. Prior to it, it has never happened before during casual plays.

Conclusion:
In my personal opinion, the Super Control BeyStadium is definitely a viable stadium to be used in WBO Organized Play. It does not affect the current gameplay in the meta whatsoever. In fact, it performs more similar to the BB-10 when compared to the Balance stadium.
Wow, nice! Good tests, and yeah, that looks pretty darned good. The BB-121+Super Control Stadium set might be a really fantastic buy!
(Feb. 07, 2012  10:44 AM)th!nk Wrote: Wow, nice! Good tests, and yeah, that looks pretty darned good. The BB-121+Super Control Stadium set might be a really fantastic buy!

Yeah, I am also thinking about getting the Super Control Stadium as it is quite big as well. Allowing beyblades to circle more around the stadium (in my opinion).
I didn't think it was significantly larger than BB-10.

Have measurements been posted? If not, Uwik, could you give us the relevant dimensions?
Uwik since you have one? can you measure those stadiums for us? thank you.
So, to avoid getting accused that we are opaque and that we do not do anything : usually we would want proof from at least two people that a stadium is competitively fair.
Although the measurements for the BB-10 BeyStadium Attack Type is already listed over in the Beywiki Forum. I redid them in order to be fair for the comparison of the Super Control BeyStadium.

Dimensions

Super Control BeyStadium
Diameter: N/A (Not Circular)
Play Area Diameter: 31 cm
Tornado Ridge Diameter: 24.9 cm
Wall Length: 15.2 cm (1 wall) + 13.7 cm (2 pockets)
Exit Length: 16.4 cm (Between pocket and wall) + 17.1 cm (Between 2 pockets)
Depth: 3.2 cm

BB-10 BeyStadium Attack Type
Diameter: 38 cm
Play Area Diameter: 30.4 cm
Tornado Ridge Diameter: 24.9 cm
Wall Length: 15.2 cm
Exit Length: 15.2 cm
Depth: 3 cm

The stadium is actually purple in real life. However, the video gives off this blue color.
The measurements look good, slightly wider but slightly more exit space, and the video looks great, as do the test results.

Hopefully we can get a second person to test it soon.
The measurements are a bit tricky. It was a bit difficult with large uneven area. I tried to get them as accurate as possible.

The short video is just simply to get the idea of how the beyblades move in that stadium. Hopefully, we can all agree that the movements in the Super Control BeyStadium are similar to the ones in BB-10 BeyStadium Attack Type.
They look the same from here. But then again I'm like 12,000 miles away... Wink

If I can I'd be interested in testing one myself, but so far so good!
They're available here. Would love to test em but....
Given the price of the stadium, BB-10 is definitely cheaper.

But getting more stadiums approved is a good thing.

I have only tested the stadium with super control beys only but from what I know, functionality wise, they are very similar in terms of performance. The most by far as compared to the rest.
(Mar. 03, 2012  9:08 AM)Snivy625 Wrote: Is the TT light launcher 2 legal?

Yes, that is something we expect common sense to cover, as well as it being mentioned in the reshoot clause section.

In future, please ask rule-related questions here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Rule-Clarifications

On another note: There is one thing about the rulebooks, though: Stamina Types aren't particularly lightweight now guys. The only way light weight is good is making spin stealing more efficient, which is often less important than having decent stamina to start with, which higher weight is good for, and that's all completely irrelevant in MFB and other than that, light weight is only good if all the heavy wheels have poor stamina for other reasons (generally bad weight distro).
i have a vulcan horusius that spins left and right. i didnt modify it
(Mar. 17, 2012  9:15 PM)Flameos Wrote: i have a vulcan horusius that spins left and right. i didnt modify it
The prongs where the launcher goes must be broken allowing both the teeth things on the launchers to go through the openings.

(Mar. 17, 2012  9:15 PM)Flameos Wrote: i have a vulcan horusius that spins left and right. i didnt modify it

Actually it's most likely a fake.
will the rules change for wbo tournaments due to zero-g? for example, will the official stadium be the zero-g attack type stadium bbg-04?
(Mar. 24, 2012  3:21 AM)Cobalt_D Wrote: will the rules change for wbo tournaments due to zero-g? for example, will the official stadium be the zero-g attack type stadium bbg-04?

We cannot give any solid answer since the new products are not even out so they are not tested yet, but you have to keep your mind open for a different format ... It is not because new stadiums get released that we have to abandon everything established before and change absolutely everything. HMS stadiums are legal for the HMS format, for instance.
(Mar. 24, 2012  3:21 AM)Cobalt_D Wrote: will the rules change for wbo tournaments due to zero-g? for example, will the official stadium be the zero-g attack type stadium bbg-04?

Yeah! I was thinking that! But possibly just because of the stadium being different, it's still beyblade. So very little to no rules will be changed. That I know of O.O
The WBO will have to test out the new Zero-G stadiums before anything is changed, too ensure that each type of beyblade has an equal chance of winning and do not get hindered by the stadium itself.
there are an attack and defense stadium for Zero-G
This is well known, and doesn't really add to the conversation...