WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

(Aug. 06, 2010  12:58 AM)bskulldragon100 Wrote: hmm so if ur blade is prayed u cant use it? also my sd has worn out so i cant use it one last thing
waht happend if u trick the organizer and say that u have a real part and its fake just asking i dont have any fakes honst...ha

But, if you did trick the organizer, then what could he do?
Can't take action on something you don't know about.
(Aug. 13, 2010  4:27 AM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: But, if you did trick the organizer, then what could he do?
Can't take action on something you don't know about.

I would say banned/warned on WBO when it gets found out, barred from future tournaments if you did it knowingly, BeyPoints revoked or some combination of these.
(Aug. 13, 2010  4:52 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: I would say banned/warned on WBO when it gets found out, barred from future tournaments if you did it knowingly, BeyPoints revoked or some combination of these.
Definitely most of these.
hey i cant read the rules my computer wont let me can someone tell me what to use to open it?or at least tell me what the rules are
(Aug. 14, 2010  7:17 PM)pisces7970 Wrote: hey i cant read the rules my computer wont let me can someone tell me what to use to open it?or at least tell me what the rules are
Download Adobe Reader.
In WBO tournements are you allowed to use either Takara or Hasbro in the same tournement?
(Aug. 17, 2010  1:48 AM)ForbiddenReaper Wrote: In WBO tournements are you allowed to use either Takara or Hasbro in the same tournement?

Both are allowed.
I am quite sure this is written in the rulebooks, or that it could have easily been deduced ...
hey, kai zee, is dark green crud on the tip illegal?
(Aug. 17, 2010  3:50 PM)gasher30024 Wrote: hey, kai zee, is dark green crud on the tip illegal?
My name is Kai-V, and you should probably clean it ... You will be at a disadvantage because it will behave abnormally.
So, ummm... what was i gonna ask... oh yeah, does this mean that i can only use Bey-Launcher-L for the WHOLE L LDrago and LDrago or do i just need the blade portion, the top thingy below the face, to be allowed to use the BeyLauncher-L?
(Aug. 26, 2010  1:27 PM)AppocalypseFire Wrote: So, ummm... what was i gonna ask... oh yeah, does this mean that i can only use Bey-Launcher-L for the WHOLE L LDrago and LDrago or do i just need the blade portion, the top thingy below the face, to be allowed to use the BeyLauncher-L?
Obviously you can use any Track and Bottom you want. However, if you use the L Drago or Lightning L Drago (Hybrid) Wheel, then you have to use the Beylauncher L, or Hasbro's left-spin launcher anyway ...
About launcher grips:
I noticed a Beyblade G-rev Customize Grip isnt useable in these rules...
i wanna know exactly why it's illegal
but i would assume the cause is that it's actually a hindrance to the user...i've shot my blades with it before and the launcher slides in the grip back towards me, slowing my blade(s) down.

i dunno it just irks me that i'd have to go buy a new grip for a rule-set up i'd rarely even be effected by unless i held one of these tourneys...and i'd hate to force some kid to do the same or use the launcher with no grip
Nowhere does it explicitly state the "Beyblade G-rev Customize Grip" is illegal.
Also, most tournaments are going to use the Standard format anyway ... And for your personal use, you can obviously totally ignore those rules.
(Aug. 30, 2010  3:57 PM)♥ Wrote: Nowhere does it explicitly state the "Beyblade G-rev Customize Grip" is illegal.
"Plastic customize grip" is the term used in the rulebook, that's easily a direct reference to any shooter grip from gen1/2/3 but a name-sharer with the Customize Grip, perhaps i misread but as you can see, it's easy to misread that part considering parts names.

@ Kai-V
Well, my only issue is i'd really hate to have to go out and buy a new grip just so i could blade with you guys, i kinda like fusing old and new together

@both, sadly my question still doenst have a precise answer but oh well
It clearly tells you in the rulebook why you cannot use it with a Metal Fight Beyblade launcher : they are not meant to be compatible. Metal Fight Beyblade is completely unrelated to the previous series, so I do not see how it could make sense to use with the other. Launcher Grips cost only approximately ten dollars.
(Aug. 30, 2010  4:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It clearly tells you in the rulebook why you cannot use it with a Metal Fight Beyblade launcher : they are not meant to be compatible. Metal Fight Beyblade is completely unrelated to the previous series, so I do not see how it could make sense to use with the other. Launcher Grips cost only approximately ten dollars.
well...

While unrelated, the MFB launchers can snugly fit inside, but due to only 1/5th(at most) fitting snugly, when you rip your winder it docks back toward you slowing down your blade, in other words, it weakens the person using it, so...i just cant see why it'd be banned if it's compatible even if it's not meant to be and acts like a hindrance.

And ten bucks huh? Uh yea...same as a blade and if i head to my local store for beyblade gear i'd be heading there for a blade i dont have...
Accessories are not cross-compatible, and are therefore illegal when used in this way, regardless of "hindrance".

It's not really anybody's fault that you would rather spend your money on Bey than a Launcher Grip, anyway; it's a completely moot point.
the G-rev custom grip can hold the new MFB launchers so i dont see how it's "not cross compatible", yeah it's a loose hold, but still it fits....i guess it one of those whole "if the boot fits, wear it" things oh well looks like i really wont be blading competitively...
TAKARA-TOMY does not accept "cross compatibility", and neither does Hasbro or SonoKong.
(Aug. 30, 2010  4:55 PM)Kai-V Wrote: TAKARA-TOMY does not accept "cross compatibility", and neither does Hasbro or SonoKong.
please just let it go...it's obvious i wont be able to enter tourneys to begin with by looking at my sig, i was just asking in the event if i held a tourney and wished to do an exhibition with the winner...which, well, got derailed by this "not cross compatible" semi-lie
"if the boot fits, wear it"
it'll fit nicely in the grip, but bend back when fire so i dont see how it's 'not cross compatible' if it actually fits in without falling out on it's own, yeah not the snuggest fit, but still...

it's over and done big deal whoop-dee-doo, i wont be blading in or holding a wbo tourney
I would "just let it go", but you continue to believe that it is a "semi-lie", so obviously our explanations do not get understood by you.

Beyblade is not a sport because it is owned by a single company and other companies affiliated with TAKARA-TOMY help distribute the franchise worldwide. Therefore, Beyblade relies on the products they release, and the rules they establish.

If you have to be upset at somebody, be angry at TAKARA-TOMY and Hasbro, but stop complaining here that we do not accept "cross-compatibility".
(Aug. 30, 2010  5:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I would "just let it go", but you continue to believe that it is a "semi-lie", so obviously our explanations do not get understood by you.

Beyblade is not a sport because it is owned by a single company and other companies affiliated with TAKARA-TOMY help distribute the franchise worldwide. Therefore, Beyblade relies on the products they release, and the rules they establish.

If you have to be upset at somebody, be angry at TAKARA-TOMY and Hasbro, but stop complaining here that we do not accept "cross-compatibility".
by semi-lie, i mean it's listed as illegal but it doesn't state exactly why, therefore it's a semi-lie because and solely because it's unclear.
(in the games i set up for local a few years{2/3} back, kids tended to use sniper grips to delay their launches purposefully by saying "i'm supposed to hit their blade with mine", so i banned sniper grips and put in writing the reason for the ban, thus, had the reason been listed in the rules i probably wouldnt have started this part of the discussion in this thread)

and upset? angry? who said anything about upset or anger...sure I'm disappointed i cant use my awesome tricked out shooter grip, but not upset or angry.
if you want to get a launcher grip and a blade just go to target or toysrus and get the sagittario that comes with it so you get two for the same price.