WBO/MFB Pamphlet

(Apr. 14, 2009  12:50 AM)flamerx1231 Wrote: brad great pamplet. but i what about the 5 layer ?
Why should be begin to explain plastics to the general public when the purchasing of them is not readily accessible?
(Apr. 14, 2009  12:45 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Lastly, why the HELL are you writing in Latin?

The latin was filler text. It will be replaced with info pertaining to that particular event.
(Apr. 14, 2009  12:53 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Why should be begin to explain plastics to the general public when the purchasing of them is not readily accessible?

I interpreted the 5-layer as the new HWS. I might have misunderstood.
(Apr. 14, 2009  1:20 AM)Khel Wrote: The latin was filler text. It will be replaced with info pertaining to that particular event.

I interpreted the 5-layer as the new HWS. I might have misunderstood.
See, now that makes more sense to me now.

Haven't looked too much into HWS, but "5 layer" is just embedded into my mind as a plastic term.
(Apr. 14, 2009  12:45 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I think it needs a border/trim along the bottom and top edges of the pamphlet. Just take the base blue of the website's banner before the battling Beyblade and logo.

The second pages looks great, but I think the first page looks a bit odd. The three different logos, all at the top in different styles and colours really clash together. It think if they were positioned differently on the page, or perhaps shrink/enlarge some of the logos, the presentation would prove to be kinder on the eyes.

And if you're not concerned with ink, I'd incorporate the website's background onto the background of the pamphlet.

Lastly, why the HELL are you writing in Latin?

you do realize that pamphlets are folded and all that information won't be on one page right

also sure i'll put a border all around the page margin oh wait printers need margin space
(Apr. 14, 2009  4:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: you do realize that pamphlets are folded and all that information won't be on one page right

also sure i'll put a border all around the page margin oh wait printers need margin space

Iceburn
(Apr. 14, 2009  4:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: you do realize that pamphlets are folded and all that information won't be on one page right

I realize all of this.

I believe you can reduce the margin.
(Apr. 14, 2009  5:22 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I realize all of this.

I believe you can reduce the margin.

Yes, but there still has to be some margin for my printer to grab onto.
(Apr. 14, 2009  5:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, but there still has to be some margin for my printer to grab onto.
Trim doesn't have to be THAT big...
(Apr. 14, 2009  5:37 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Trim doesn't have to be THAT big...

do you not get it? a trim has to go on the outside of the pamphlet, but nothing can be printed there because the printer has to hold the paper there
(Apr. 14, 2009  7:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: do you not get it? a trim has to go on the outside of the pamphlet, but nothing can be printed there because the printer has to hold the paper there
I realize this.
You need a consistant margin. Parts of it looks as if they are going to fall off the page. Mainly our MFB logo and your BWR logo. Some of the images look a bit jagged as well.
Is there any further progress on this?
(Apr. 20, 2009  5:20 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Is there any further progress on this?

If there was, I would have posted it.
(Apr. 20, 2009  5:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If there was, I would have posted it.

Iceburn
(Apr. 20, 2009  5:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If there was, I would have posted it.

I thought the thread got forgotten about. That's fine, I look forward to your ammendments =D.

Are you getting these printed professionally or home print?
Home print.
I really like this. I'd actually really like something similar to this to drop around new york.
yeah, im actually gonna disagree with majority of the posts, and say i don't think theres a damn thing wrong with the pamphlet! Grin I think it's great., and does exactly the job you designed it to do brad, thats 2 days work well spent my friend
But as someone else sed, the first 2 paragraphs are appearing in latin to me
(Apr. 21, 2009  8:48 AM)The Shredder Wrote: But as someone else sed, the first 2 paragraphs are appearing in latin to me

(Apr. 14, 2009  1:20 AM)Khel Wrote: The latin was filler text. It will be replaced with info pertaining to that particular event.
(Apr. 21, 2009  8:48 AM)The Shredder Wrote: yeah, im actually gonna disagree with majority of the posts, and say i don't think theres a damn thing wrong with the pamphlet! Grin I think it's great., and does exactly the job you designed it to do brad, thats 2 days work well spent my friend
But as someone else sed, the first 2 paragraphs are appearing in latin to me

You do not understand the print side of things. The design looks fine but the layout needs to be looked at as a few have stated. The only thing that is of concern is the inconsistant margin of 3mm.
(Apr. 21, 2009  12:05 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: You do not understand the print side of things. The design looks fine but the layout needs to be looked at as a few have stated. The only thing that is of concern is the inconsistant margin of 3mm.

The objects are free-form, not inline, so that's why ...

You work in print, so if you could give me some tips I'll use them.
(Apr. 21, 2009  3:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The objects are free-form, not inline, so that's why ...

You work in print, so if you could give me some tips I'll use them.

I work in design but the work gets sent to a printer. So I know what the work should look like.

Do you use an inkjet or laser? Is your work CMYK or RGB? Is your printer CMYK or RGB? Also, I'm assuming you don't have a big corporate printer. If this is the case then you don't need to worry about bleed so much as it won't be getting trimmed. Your going to have a white background anyway, so you won't have to worry to much about it. All you need is at least 3mm margin. The reason for this is to prevent the article from looking as if its going to drop off the edge.

your going to need to elaborate on what you mean by Free-form objects and inline objects. I may already know what you mean but I have not come across those terms haha.
Printed out some drafts, refined it a bit and here's the finished product.

http://worldbeyblade.org/pamphlet.pdf
Lookin Good! See you decided to switch it too the HWS.
lol it was too late for our tournament but it looks great Smile