WBO Glossary

Add credits and faces if this is for everything WBO.
great work , made somethings easier for me to understand now Tongue_out
Ah, you could also add definition of NIB and NIP Smile
Just bringing this back since someone asked for this thread recently and I somehow had trouble finding it. There seems to be some trouble perhaps when only some letters and not the whole word or expression is bolded; the code brackets seemingly disturb the search for the whole expression. Plus, personally I was searching for things like "low track defense" and not "defence".

In other words, I think it might be a good idea to either add 'transparent' words at the end of descriptions, like in the low track defense case, by making them the same colour as the post background. Alternatively or additionally, a spoiler can be added at the end of the first post and all the important keywords can be repeated there, quite simply, without any bolded sections, essentially like a YouTube keyword section.
(Jan. 13, 2015  1:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Just bringing this back since someone asked for this thread recently and I somehow had trouble finding it. There seems to be some trouble perhaps when only some letters and not the whole word or expression is bolded; the code brackets seemingly disturb the search for the whole expression. Plus, personally I was searching for things like "low track defense" and not "defence".

In other words, I think it might be a good idea to either add 'transparent' words at the end of descriptions, like in the low track defense case, by making them the same colour as the post background. Alternatively or additionally, a spoiler can be added at the end of the first post and all the important keywords can be repeated there, quite simply, without any bolded sections, essentially like a YouTube keyword section.

I added the spoiler at the end, since I'm not 100% sure on how to make the text transparent. I also added a few alternate spellings (like "defense" and "defence" or "L-Drago" and "L Drago") to the Keywords since they are basically the same thing.
I think you should add the following:
  • FB: Face Bolt
(Jan. 18, 2015  5:10 PM)Vamp!re Wrote: I think you should add the following:
  • FB: Face Bolt

The original term is actually just Face, and nobody refers to the Face in customizations unless it is a Metal Face or a Metal Stone Face. This topic should only be for widely used terms.
This is an awesome resource, thank you. Helped catch me up on a lot of new terminology that's been developed while I was gone. Smile
I've updated the OP with some Burst terminology, but so far I've only added BF, OF, SF, Layer, Disk, Driver, and Clicks/Teeth (did we ever decide on an official name for these?).

What are some suggestions for other Burst terminology I should add? How should I go about making the explanation of how people abbreviate Burst Customizations?
I think it would more efficient to separate the terms to each generation of Beyblade as well. Or possibly having a tags to correspond to each generation?

For example, I can see how it could be confusing to read Disk, then see the errata, and then read weight disk, which isn't easy to find because the term is hidden in WD. And that's where it got confusing because... WD is is also Wide Defense tip, which was also wide defense track, which was also weight disk, which was also Wide Defense Weight Disk... whoa.

I personally think it could be a little more clear if the leading term was be before the abbreviation. I know that some terms are never used without their abbreviation and I know the point of this thread is to be a slang dictionary, but then you could look for it with ctrl+F. The verbose versions of the term makes looking for things easier especially if you don't abbreviate in the definitions since having abbreviations in an explanation only adds more confusion and having just one mention of the abbreviation makes it easy to find.

Something like this might be easier:

Weight Disk (WD) [Plastics]
- Refers to weight disk, a component of the plastic Beyblade generation which carries the majority of the Beyblade's weight and adds contact points depending on it's shape. It is often confused with Wide Defense Weight Disk.

Wide Defense Tip (-WD) [Metal Fight Beyblade]
- Refers to the Performance Tip for Metal Fight Beyblade. It has a wide surface and contrary to the tip's name, it has excellent stamina and has found it's place in stamina based combos.

Wide Defense Track (WD-) [Metal Fight Beyblade]
- Refers to the Spin Track for Metal Fight Beyblade. It is 145 height and has three wide stationary protrusions that arch around to form a psuedo circle.

Wide Defense Weight Disk (WD) [Plastics]
- Refers to the Weight Disk named Wide Defense.

Could probably be cleaned up a bit more... but you know what I mean.

So for example, If I'm in the plastics forum and someone said "I'm using WD to make my zombie" and I have no clue what WD is, I can go here and CTRL+F "WD," and then narrow it down to the two [Plastics] flags.

Also, Destabilizer isn't restricted to short beys, and no mention of zombies?

LET ME KNOW!
Both of those ideas sound good, but I think having the tags would be better than separating things by generation because there are several terms (LAD, Wall Save, etc.) that are present in multiple or all generations. For the terms with multiple meanings I also think that we should keep the context along with adding the tags.

Nice catch with the Zombies, but there are tall/medium height Destabilizers?
(Jan. 05, 2016  6:50 AM)Wombat Wrote: Both of those ideas sound good, but I think having the tags would be better than separating things by generation because there are several terms (LAD, Wall Save, etc.) that are present in multiple or all generations. For the terms with multiple meanings I also think that we should keep the context along with adding the tags.

Nice catch with the Zombies, but there are tall/medium height Destabilizers?
E230 low mode Destabilizers were a thing. Gryph Gryph E230BSF, Girago Girago E230MB come to mind.
Pretty sure the authors dubbed them destabilizers.