WBO Glossary

Before anyone goes and says "this is basically what Beywiki is supposed to do", just hear me out on this. While it does have some brief summaries on some stuff that's also in Beywiki, like the components of Beyblades, this is more for abbreviations and other terms that are commonly used on the WBO. I got the idea after seeing posts from a few new users asking things like "What does OS mean?". I guess it's like a guide to "WBO slang" or something like that.

Ctrl + F to find certain terms if you don't spot them right away.

WBO Glossary

4D: Refers to a series of Metal Fight Beyblades. These Beyblades differ from normal Hybrid Wheel Beyblades as their Metal Wheel often consists of several parts, and they may also have a 4D Bottom, which employs some gimmick. They are also generally bigger and heavier than most Metal Fight Beyblades. With a few exceptions, including the 4D Bottoms, they are completely compatible with the rest of the Hybrid Wheel System.

Anti-Attack: A type of customization that is used specifically to counter Attack types with aggression rather than passively taking hits. Anti-Attack Beyblades are generally heavy and use high-recoil parts with an aggressive Performance Tip.

Anti-Meta: A type of customization that is capable of winning against many common Beyblade combos. This is a very loose term, as what the "Meta" is differs from area to area. As a result, there is no one "Anti-Meta" Beyblade. Many people confuse Anti-Meta and Anti-Attack, however, they are two different terms.

AR: Attack Ring. A component of a Plastic Beyblade that determines the Beyblade's primary contact points.

BB: Blade Base. A component of a Plastic Beyblade that holds the Spin Gear and determines the Beyblade's movement pattern.

BB-10: The product code of the MFB Attack Type BeyStadium. Used to refer to the stadium instead of typing out the full name.

BBG-03/BBG-04: The product codes of the Start Dash Set and Zero-G Attack Type Stadium, respectively. Used to refer to the Zero-G Attack Type Stadium instead of typing out the full name.

Beypoints: The point system used by the WBO to rank its members based on their Beyblading skill. Each member starts with 1,000 Beypoints, and can accumulate more through winning matches at official tournaments.

Beypoints Queue: The order in which official tournaments are processed and Beypoints are distributed. The queue generally follows chronological order, but may be delayed by several issues regarding fees and results. It can be found here.

BF: Burst Finish, the new way of defeating opponents in the Beyblade Burst series. When one Beyblade causes the other to separate during a collision.

CEW: Customize Engine Weight. A component of a Plastic Beyblade that attaches to the Engine Gear. The CEW acts as the tip of the Beyblade and is what determines the Beyblade's movement pattern. They are generally made of metal, with some exceptions.

CH145: shorthand used to refer to the Spin Track CH120 when it is set to its 145 height.

Clicks: see Teeth.

Compact: A type of customization in which the majority of the Beyblade's weight is towards its center. Compacts are generally only present in Plastics customizations.

Credits: Special points that WBO members can obtain by participating in tournaments, and later redeem for prizes with the Blader Rewards. Not to be confused with Beypoints.

CW: Can refer to several components of a Beyblade, depending on context.
  • Clear Wheel: a component of a Hybrid Wheel System Beyblade. Also known as an Energy Ring.
  • Chrome Wheel: The Metal Wheel of a Zero-G Beyblade. Generally abbreviated to ChW to avoid confusion with the Crystal Wheel, but some members may not catch this when recommending combos. Also known as a Warrior Wheel.
  • Crystal Wheel: The plastic Wheel of a Zero-G Beyblade. Generally abbreviated to CrW to avoid confusion with the Chrome Wheel, but some members may not catch this when recommending combos. Also known as an Element Wheel.

CWD: Customize Weight Disk. A special kind of Weight Disk in the Heavy Metal System that has some sort of gimmick, such as a free spinning part.

Destabilizer: A type of Beyblade customization that works by getting beneath the opponent and knocking it off balance. These Beyblades generally are very short and use sloped Metal Wheels or Clear Wheels to unbalance the opponent.

Disk: A component of a Burst Beyblade that determines the weight and weight distribution of the Beyblade. Not to be confused with Weight Disk, a type of part from the Plastics and HMS series that has a similar name and function.

Driver: A component of a Burst Beyblade that determines the Beyblade's movement pattern and friction with the Stadium floor.

Faces: The WBO's virtual badges that can be earned through several methods, such as placing in an official tournament. A full list of Faces and the criteria for earning them can be found here.

Gattyaki: The act of launching your Beyblade immediately after your opponent during a battle, in an attempt to strike the opponent's Beyblade before it touches the stadium or land your Beyblade on top of it. If successful, this will often result in a KO or a drastic loss of spin for the opponent.

HMS: Refers to the Heavy Metal System, the series of Beyblades produced in between the Plastic series and Metal Fight Beyblades. HMS Beyblades are not compatible with Beyblades from any other series, despite including several of the characters from the Plastic Series. Many of their names end in the suffix “MS”.

HTDC: Acronym that stands for High Track Defence Combo/Custom. A Defense type Beyblade that uses a high or tall Spin Track to raise its center of Gravity and avoid metal-on-metal contact.

HTSC: Acronym that stands for High Track Stamina/Survival Combo/Custom. A Stamina type Beyblade that uses a high or tall Spin Track to raise its center of Gravity and avoid metal-on-metal contact.

HWS: Refers to the Hybrid Wheel System, a series of Metal Fight Beyblades. They are generally compatible with other Metal Fight Beyblades, with both Tracks and Tips that are compatible with the Metal System and Zero-G Beyblades (The Faces are also compatible with the Metal System Beyblades as well).

KO: Knock Out. When a Beyblade causes another Beyblade to exit the stadium, resulting in the end of the battle.

LAD: Life After Death, the ability for a Beyblade to continue spinning on its side after it has fallen down.

Layer: A component of a Burst Beyblade that determines the Beyblade's primary contact points and teeth.

LDD: Shorthand used to refer to the Beyblade L-Drago Destroy.

LDG: Shorthand used to refer to the Beyblade L-Drago Guardian.

Limited: A format used for official WBO tournaments. Limited format differs from other formats in the sense that certain parts are banned. It is played in the Metal Fight Beyblade Attack Type Stadium.

LLD: Shorthand used to refer to the Beyblade Lightning L-Drago.

LTAC: Acronym stands for Low Track Attack Combo/Custom. An Attack type Beyblade that uses a low or short Spin Track to lower its center of Gravity.

LTD: See Limited.

LTDC: Acronym stands for Low Track Defence Combo/Custom. A Defense type Beyblade that uses a low or short Spin Track to lower its center of Gravity.

LTSC: Acronym stands for Low Track Stamina/Survival Combo/Custom. A Stamina type Beyblade that uses a low or short Spin Track to lower its center of Gravity.

MF: Can refer to the Performance Tip Metal Flat or a Metal Face, depending on context.
  • Phantom Cancer 90MF -- Refers to the Performance Tip
  • MF Duo Aquario BD145CS -- Refers to a Metal Face.

MFB: Metal Fight Beyblade, the series of Beyblades released during the 2008-2013 era that are primarily composed of Metal.

MF-H/MF-L/MF-M/MF-F/MSF-H/MSF-L/MSF-M/MSF-F: Acronyms for the various weights of the customizable Metal Faces or Metal Stone Faces. The following letter denotes the weight of the Face, with F (Feather) being the lightest, followed by M (Middle), L (Light), and H (Heavy).

MLD: Shorthand used to refer to the Beyblade Meteo L-Drago.

MW: Metal Wheel. Refers to the Metal Wheel in Hybrid Wheel Series or Metal Series Beyblades primarily makes contact with the opposing Beyblade. Also known as a Fusion Wheel, in the case of the Hybrid Wheel System.

Metal System: The series of Metal Fight Beyblade preceding the Hybrid Wheel System. Rather than having both a Clear Wheel and a Metal Wheel, the parts are combined into one Metal Wheel. Also known as the Horoscope Series.

NIB/NIP: New In Box/Package. Used to describe a Beyblade product that has never been opened, especially when selling. Unopened Beyblades are worth more than used ones.

OF: Over Finish, the Beyblade Burst terminology for a Knockout.

OHKO: One Hit Knock Out. When a Beyblade knocks the opposing Beyblade out of the stadium in one hit.

OOTB: Out Of The Box. Refers to an uncustomized Beyblade, or a Beyblade has the parts it would have if it had just been taken out of its original box or packaging.

OS: Out Spin. When a Beyblade wins a battle by continuing to spin longer than its opponent.

Pre-HWS: See Metal System.

Precession: The ability for a Beyblade to keep its balance and continue spinning upright, even while wobbling at low spin velocities.

RB: Can refer to either Rubber Ball, a Performance Tip from the Metal Fight Beyblade series, or Random Booster, a Beyblade product, depending on context.
  • Jade Jupiter S130RB: Refers to the Performance Tip.
  • RB(V)7/ZGRB(V)3: Refers to the Random Booster. "ZG" is added as a prefix when referring to a Random Booster containing Zero-G Beyblades. "V" stands for "Volume", and is occasionally included in the abbreviation.

RC: Running Core, a component of the HMS Beyblades that determine how the Beyblade moves. May also refer to the Remote Control Beyblades released in the Plastics generation.

SF: May refer to Spin Finish, the Beyblade Burst terminology for Outspinning, or the Performance Tip Semi Flat, depending on context.
  • Kerbeus: 4 wins (All SF) -- refers to Spin Finish.
  • Flame Cancer 90SF -- refers to Semi Flat.

SG: Spin Gear. A component of Plastic Beyblades that determines the spin direction of the Beyblade.
  • Neo SG: The type of Spin Gear used during the V-Force series. In addition to determining spin direction, this Spin Gear can now hold magnets or weights.
  • EG: Engine Gear, the type of Spin Gear used during the G-Revolution series. These Spin Gears can be wound up prior to battle, with the release time of the windup differing from First Clutch (instantly), Mid Release (in the “middle” of a battle), and Final Clutch (at the end of the battle).

SK: Refers to Sonokong, the Korean manufacturers of Beyblade.

SKO: Self Knock Out. Occurs when a Beyblade leaves the Stadium without touching its opponent. Self knockouts often occur as a result of mislaunching an Attack Type.

Sniping: see Gattyaki.

SP: Support Parts. A component of Plastic Beyblades that attaches to certain Blade Bases and can perform several functions, such as providing more contact points for Smash Attack.

Spin Stealer/Spin Equalizer: Refers to a Beyblade that is designed to be used against an opponent spinning in the opposite direction (i.e. using a Left Spin Beyblade against a Right Spin one). Due to the Beyblades "pushing'' each other along on contact, this allows the Beyblade that is rotating more slowly to "steal" spin from the faster Beyblade, equalizing the rotational speed between them.

Standard: The main format for WBO official tournaments. It is most commonly played in the Metal Fight Beyblade Attack Type Stadium, and all parts released during the Metal Fight Beyblade era may be used.

STD: see Standard.

Stock: see OOTB.

Sway KO/Sway Out: see Zero-G KO.

Teeth: The small notches in the middle of the underside of a Layer that are used to assemble a Burst Beyblade and help determine how difficult it is to Burst.

TH195/TH220: shorthand used to refer to the Spin Track TH170 when it is set at its 195 and 220 heights, respectively.

Tornado Staller/Staller: Refers to a Beyblade that "stalls out" its opponent by circling it on the Tornado Ridge of the Beystadium. These customs generally use non-rubber Flat tips to avoid contact with aggressive movement while conserving Stamina.

TT: Refers to TAKARA-TOMY, the Japanese manufacturer of Beyblade. Alternately, in the context of Plastic Beyblades, can also refer to TT Hongli, a manufacturer of fake Beyblades.

Wall Save: refers to when a Beyblade would have been knocked out of the stadium, but instead hits the wall of the stadium and stays in the play area.

WD: Can refer to the Performance Tip Wide Defense or Spin Track Wide Defense 145 from Metal Fight Beyblade, or Weight Disk, a component of a Plastic Beyblade that determines its weight, based on context. NOTE: There is a Weight Disk known as Wide Defense, which sometimes causes confusion.
  • Earth Aquila 145WD -- refers to the Performance Tip.
  • Grand Ketos WD145RS -- refers to the Spin Track.
  • WD: Ten Heavy -- refers to Weight Disk.
  • WD: Wide Defense -- refers to the Weight Disk named Wide Defense.

Zero-G Attack: The act of swaying a Zero-G Stadium in an attempt to defeat an opponent with a Zero-G KO.

Zero-G KO: A form of Knockout that involves swaying a Zero-G Stadium to make the opponent exit through one of the pockets as the top of the stadium.

Zombie: A type of Beyblade customization in the Plastics generation that combines Left Spin, high amounts of Life After Death, and a rubber-tipped bearing shaft to make a combo that is difficult to knock out and out spin.

For any further questions involving the Metal Fight Beyblade tops, please visit here.
If you need help building a competitive combo, please list your parts and requests here.
For any further questions about the WBO itself, visit here.
For any questions regarding Plastic Beyblades, please visit here.
For any questions about Heavy Metal System Beyblades, please visit here.
For more information about a specific Beyblade, look it up on Beywiki.

These are just some of the terms I can think of off the top of my head. This is still a rough draft, and I would appreciate feedback on how the list can be improved or any terms that should be added.
Looks pretty good so far. Maybe add something like HTSC/HTDC's?
(Jun. 25, 2014  2:48 AM)Echizen Wrote: Looks pretty good so far. Maybe add something like HTSC/HTDC's?

I'll add those, but I haven't heard them used as much as the Low Track ones.
Why not add LAD/Persicion and have a link to TBD's thread as well?
I think we should not encourage the use of "Sway" at all since that is not the proper term, so that will help clear out your ambiguous definiton of "SKO" : it will only mean Self Knock Out.

By the way, none of that should be hidden behind a spoiler. People need to see all of that right when they enter the topic.
I've been told before in an old thread of mine that using SKO as an abbreviation for Self KO was pretty confusing, since apparently it was primarily Sway KO apparently. I personally don't agree with that so I definitely agree with Kai-V it should primarily be used for Self KO.
Who said that ? Self Knock-Out is a term from at least 2003, hah. And even then, I am very, very certain that we used it long before two years ago when Zero-G came out, at the beginning of Metal Fight Beyblade. It is so absurd that someone would think "Sway KO" came first : personally, if they do not know that the proper terminology is Zero-G Attack, then they probably never actually experienced the natural flow of Beyblade news in the last decade or even in the last five years ...
I do believe it was KainHighwind ... I'm not to sure though. I don't remember which thread it was.

I don't think Sway KO is a good term anyways just because it usually does not involve contact whatsoever. If anything, "sway out" sounds more proper.
More like jumping the tornado ridge..
Update: Added LAD, Precession, Zero-G KO, Zero-G Attack, HTDC, HTSC, and fixed SKO and Sway KO. Also changed some alphabetical errors.
1. Add OHKO (one hit Knock Out)
2. Add SP (Support Part)
3. Maybe add the track WD145 to the WD section.
4. Add Destabilizers?
(Jun. 25, 2014  2:46 AM)Woumb@ Wrote: MF-H/MF-L/MF-M [...] The following letter denotes the weight of the Face, with F (Feather) being the lightest, followed by L (Light), M (Middle) and H (Heavy).

Assuming you were listing them in order from lightest to heaviest, the -L(ight) versions of the custom Faces are actually heavier than the -M(iddle) ones.

Good start, though. I like the idea. Smile
I had actually been thinking of making the same thing the other day....
Other things to add:
Gattyaki
Beypoints
Anti-Meta
Limited
Beypoints Queue
Maybe you should add links to other threads for further explanation. Also if the person has any questions they should ask in the AAQGAA topic, so maybe have a mention of that.
You forgot the Engine Gears that release in short spurts all through-out the battle.
You can include STD/LTD? I do see a few people refer to it as that, and a few confused by it.
Also the abreviation for Ldragos. Like LLD, MLD, LDD and LDG.
You should also add MSF and MSF-H, MSF-M and so on for Metal Stone Face.
(Jun. 25, 2014  1:54 PM)Time Wrote: I had actually been thinking of making the same thing the other day....
Other things to add:
Gattyaki
Beypoints
Anti-Meta
Limited
Beypoints Queue
I had actually never heard the term Gattyaki used until now. Most people I know have just referred to it as "sniping" so I added that as well.

(Jun. 25, 2014  10:26 PM)Flambo. Wrote: You should also add MSF and MSF-H, MSF-M and so on for Metal Stone Face.

I believe those are grouped with the normal Metal Faces.
OOTB/ootb would be another good thing to add

Edit: providing a link to the beypoints queue wouldd be good. Also, I'd think this would warrant a sticky at this point and once it's a little closer to being completed adding a link to it in the PM new members receive would probably save a lot of people from referring new members to this page.
(Jun. 27, 2014  9:06 PM)Time Wrote: OOTB/ootb would be another good thing to add

Edit: providing a link to the beypoints queue wouldd be good. Also, I'd think this would warrant a sticky at this point and once it's a little closer to being completed adding a link to it in the PM new members receive would probably save a lot of people from referring new members to this page.

What's that?
(Jun. 27, 2014  9:38 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2014  9:06 PM)Time Wrote: OOTB/ootb would be another good thing to add

What's that?

It stands for Out of the box. I went ahead and added Stock too, since it's used quite a bit as well.
Out of the box (meaning the same thing as stock)
Precession isn't only the ability of a beyblade to stay upright at low-spins, but rather its tendency to wobble and dip at low velocities while maintaining balance.