WBBA rulings on electric drivers

According to https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...yPost=3679, WBBA requires tournament participants to follow the below rules if they are using Hybrid or/and Ignition' driver(s):
  • The driver's motor should be functioning
  • The batteries must be LR44
As long as they comply to these rules, participants can use the drivers in any ways they desire, such as setting the driver's spin opposite to that of the Beyblade, or turning the driver off. This means Ig' turned off is actually allowed to be used in WBBA tournaments.
Hmmm, interesting... one question tho...
I’m sure you know that there are some things that the WBO do differently... so, is using Ig’ while it’s off illegal here in the WBO?
(Jan. 31, 2020  4:21 AM)Urbanliner Wrote: According to https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...yPost=3679, WBBA requires tournament participants to follow the below rules if they are using Hybrid or/and Ignition' driver(s):
  • The driver's motor should be functioning
  • The batteries must be LR44
As long as they comply to these rules, participants can use the drivers in any ways they desire, such as setting the driver's spin opposite to that of the Beyblade, or turning the driver off. This means Ig' turned off is actually allowed to be used in WBBA tournaments.

My translation came up different.

The motor MUST be turned on (it does not make sense to make a ruling that the motor must be functioning but then say you may keep it off..)

As long as its turned on and operational before being launched, it doesn't matter if it somehow gets broken/shuts off/ran out of battery mid battle.

Left and right is correct
(Jan. 31, 2020  6:04 AM)eigerblade Wrote: My translation came up different.

The motor MUST be turned on (it does not make sense to make a ruling that the motor must be functioning but then say you may keep it off..)

As long as its turned on and operational before being launched, it doesn't matter if it somehow gets broken/shuts off/ran out of battery mid battle.

I don't believe mid-battle failures are "methods of usage", and the Japanese implies that the driver being turned off is an action (that can be done, ) instead of something that may happen unintentionally.

I thought the ruling is meant to ban broken drivers so people buy another and TT gains money, but folks over at 5ch speculated it is to ban people from putting battery-shaped heavy objects into their drivers (and to have people buy another set/deluxe stuff).

There also is a video (https://youtu.be/4vJR0SyhG5Q ) made by a Japanese Youtuber, who says that the driver can be turned off but the batteries must be inside, and he don't understand why, at 0:40.
(Jan. 31, 2020  11:05 AM)Urbanliner Wrote:
(Jan. 31, 2020  6:04 AM)eigerblade Wrote: My translation came up different.

I don't believe mid-battle failures are "methods of usage", and the Japanese implies that the driver being turned off is an action (that can be done, ) instead of something that may happen unintentionally.

I thought the ruling is meant to ban broken drivers so people buy another and TT gains money, but folks over at 5ch speculated it is to ban people from putting battery-shaped heavy objects into their drivers (and to have people buy another set/deluxe stuff).

There also is a video (https://youtu.be/4vJR0SyhG5Q ) made by a Japanese Youtuber, who says that the driver can be turned off but the batteries must be inside, and he don't understand why, at 0:40.

Hmm, since I am unable to read Japanese I'll have to trust you on that. Its quite a weird ruling in my opinion but if that's the written rule I won't complain.
TT updated the article and this is what they mean:
  • The motor needs to be working, but you can choose to use it turned off (like you turn it on to show the judge that it's not broken, and may turn it off for the match if desired)
  • The battery must be the right one (LR44).
  • Motor can be used in any direction.
(Jan. 31, 2020  2:19 PM)Mikuri Wrote: TT updated the article and this is what they mean:
  • The motor needs to be working, but you can choose to use it turned off (like you turn it on to show the judge that it's not broken, and may turn it off for the match if desired)
  • The battery must be the right one (LR44).
  • Motor can be used in any direction.

Awesome, thanks for clearing things up.
Though I still think its weird that they allowed it to be turned off lol
Surprised it took them this long to post something.

Hy and Ig' are huge right now in Japan. Especially in the Wide Stadium used in early three-way battle rounds at G3, G2, and G1 tournaments. Players are spending a lot of time researching the behaviour of the two Drivers when brand new, when the voltage is high vs low, probably with different batteries (up until now, I guess), when the tip is worn down to differing levels, and so forth. It's really important for them since being able to create the best possible version of your Hy or Ig' combo seems to be important to advancing through the early stages of high grade WBBA events.

I don't fully understand it myself as my Japanese is not great, and the English of my friends and teammates I have spoken to isn't the greatest, but this is what I've gathered so far based on what I've been told, experienced at the Osaka G3 I played in, and seen at the G1 in Tokyo in January.
(Feb. 01, 2020  9:15 PM)Kei Wrote: Surprised it took them this long to post something.

Hy and Ig' are huge right now in Japan. Especially in the Wide Stadium used in early three-way battle rounds at G3, G2, and G1 tournaments. Players are spending a lot of time researching the behaviour of the two Drivers when brand new, when the voltage is high vs low, probably with different batteries (up until now, I guess), when the tip is worn down to differing levels, and so forth. It's really important for them since being able to create the best possible version of your Hy or Ig' combo seems to be important to advancing through the early stages of high grade WBBA events.

I don't fully understand it myself as my Japanese is not great, and the English of my friends and teammates I have spoken to isn't the greatest, but this is what I've gathered so far based on what I've been told, experienced at the Osaka G3 I played in, and seen at the G1 in Tokyo in January.

What's the initial prognosis so far in terms of physical condition, voltage level, battery type, tip wear, etc.?
Btw what’s the difference of the wbbo and wbba, sorry if this is considered, irrelevant
(Feb. 02, 2020  3:26 AM)The Rex Wrote: Btw what’s the difference of the wbbo and wbba, sorry if this is considered, irrelevant

"WBO is a fan-run, non-profit group and is not affiliated with Hasbro, Takara-Tomy, Sunrights Inc, d-rights inc, or any other official Beyblade license holders" this answers it.
(Feb. 02, 2020  3:28 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2020  3:26 AM)The Rex Wrote: Btw what’s the difference of the wbbo and wbba, sorry if this is considered, irrelevant

"WBO is a fan-run, non-profit group and is not affiliated with Hasbro, Takara-Tomy, Sunrights Inc, d-rights inc, or any other official Beyblade license holders" this answers it.

Oh, ok thank u for clearing that up for me, always confused on the difference ?
(Feb. 02, 2020  2:25 AM)Biggster Wrote: What's the initial prognosis so far in terms of physical condition, voltage level, battery type, tip wear, etc.?

Well, this new ruling makes the battery question pretty clear cut. As for the other questions, I am not sure. But it seems for the tip wear they are pretty lenient as long as it is in line with their Driver Wear Regulations.