W145 Discussion

I decided to take some comparison photos of DF145 and W145, to help people understand why we compare the two so much, and to give an overall better visual to members who don't have it. I know they aren't Nocto level xD But I tried with the bad lighting I have at my house.
You have awesome recolors of JB there! All I have is the crappy pale blue one from the Hasbro double pack; I'd love a clear one like that someday.

I'm not sure if the better stamina is from a down force or not, but I'd like to emphasize that my Phantom with W145 spun on WD's tip for long after the Phantom with AD145 started to scrape/process. Something about W145, be it wind forces or just the shape, keeps a custom using it upright better than most 145 variants I've used.
Haha, thanks, I'm sort of a JB enthusiast, so when a friend of mine at one of the tourneys offered to give them to me for free, I was verrrry happy Cute

And I completely agree with you, W145 seems to consistently do it i the formal and informal testing I've done.

In a little bit here, I'll be testing W145 on other tips, to see how it performs on each, wish me luck.
EDIT: W145 is good, but just like AD145, isn't good with EDS or EWD. But really, did you expect anything more?
If you're wondering, W145EDS/EWD lost 100% against AD145WD (I don't have multiples of EWD or EDS..soo yeah, just put it up against da champ).
BB-10
Beylauncher (with Launcher Rubber.)
Both WDs practically right out of the box.

Earth Ketos W145WD vs. Earth Ketos AD145WD
1. W145 (AD145 launched first.)
2. W145 (W145 launched first.)
3. W145 (repeat the pattern for the rest of testing.)
4. W145
5. W145
6. W145
7. W145
8. W145
9. W145
10. AD145
-WD switch.-
11. W145
12. W145
13. W145
14. AD145
15. W145
16. W145
17. W145
18. AD145
19. W145
20. AD145

W145 - 16/20, 80% win rate.
AD145 - 4/20, 20% win rate.
2 ties, re-done.

W145 > AD145
If you compare these to Ingulits results, they're very similar. Because Phantom is better than Earth, and has a longer spin time in general, the time of it spinning after it won was also increased. The wins for W145 had an average of 3-3.5 seconds left spinning. Because Phantom is better ( and the different Clear Wheel) it shows this 3-3.5 second range over an extended period of time. The WDs were also cleaned after every round to give max performance.

You would also assume that because I switched the WDs, AD145 would start winning - this is true, however what I found interesting is that when AD145 was paired with the WD after the part switch, it was the more worn one ( the other had been used around 10 times, I got it only a couple of days ago) so that might be something to look into outside of the thread. I found that odd, so I figured why not post it?
The more worn WD gave AD145 more Stamina, for those wanting a tl:dr, haha.

I'd definitely recommend W145 for any Stamina customization.
Woot woot let's start the W145 party up in hereee.
QUICK. Everybody use W145 at your next tournament so it's forced onto the Top Tier list!
(Jul. 15, 2012  3:02 AM)Zancrow Wrote: Woot woot let's start the W145 party up in hereee.
QUICK. Everybody use W145 at your next tournament so it's forced onto the Top Tier list!

You completely read my mind, haha! It'll be featured in my standard Stamina custom for sure Wink
I'll be seeing it then xD
W145 has earned so much more respect from me in these last two days Cute
TBH, I thought, just like most people, it was just another worthless gimmick track :C
I could tell when I first saw it, it would be good for Stamina, but I didn't think it would outclass AD145!
I am doing some tests and W145 Looks good to me very actually.

Stadium: BB-10 But as I said above the dent No legal XD
Launcher: BB-115 But I broke the handle and out it back on (3 Times XD) So the string is short No Solo Spins and the gears are getting bad it will be fully dead in a little While.
Parts Wornity (?): Both a little worn one slightly Agro Confused but the agro one is less worn oddly...
Agro=Hasbro Worn=TT

WDs Switched every 5 rounds, Earth MW switched at 10.
W145 launched first then alternate each round.
All Wins are as expected OSs Sometimes the Launch Power wasn't perfectly near Equal unfortunatly... (Semed the 2nd Bey launched would have slightly more Spin at first.) but I can't do legal testing just add support anyway.

Earth Bull AD145WD vs Earth Bull W145WD (Hasbro Bulls Hasbro Earth's AD is Hasbro 1 WD is Hasbro)
When there was an OS for W145 it seemed about to slide with some spins. When AD145 got an OS it was nearly spin at the about to slide with less RPM than W145 had when it won.

Same Conditions as testing above
Dark Bull AD145WD vs Dark Bull W145WD
So how are non-legal tests, with Worn and Aggressive WDs, suppose to prove anything here...?
They aren't very worn WDs just not Mint or NIB and I just wanted to support it a little. And the Dent in the Stadium never got in the way. And the Agro one just goes in a semi circle when first launched sometimes

EDIT: Lets take this to PM so we don't spam the thread up Zancrown. I should have stated where the dent was located sorry. Thanks Dan.
EDIT2ND: I will do 230 tests later.
You said the dent was in the play area...how could it not get in the way?
Can you test W145 vs 230?
I don't have W145, and so, i can't do this test.
But i think this test is useful for all Smile
Thanks
It doesn't go anywhere near it, that's how.

It isn't rocket science...

terzinaccio
I'll be more than happy to. Joyful_3
You do mean in Stamina, correct?
(Jul. 15, 2012  7:21 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: terzinaccio
I'll be more than happy to. Joyful_3
You do mean in Stamina, correct?
Yes, in Stamina Joyful_2
Thank you Smile
I would guess that W145 would kill 230 cause of the height but I will do more of my supporting and unhelping tests Crying

So yeah
Everything besides battles

Dark Bull 230D vs Dark Bull W145WD
Is Dark a Grinding wheel? I didn't assume it was...

Decided to to an AD145 Benchmark. (I know Benchmarks are more for attacks and skill but I just wanted a compairson)
Benchmark AD145 vs 230
I did 85 match ups a little later and compaired to AD145

W145 vs 85
AD145 vs 85
(Jul. 15, 2012  8:56 PM)TheGreatFico Wrote: I would guess that W145 would kill 230 cause of the height but I will do more of my supporting and unhelping tests Crying

So yeah
Everything besides battles

Dark Bull 230D vs Dark Bull W145WD
Is Dark a Grinding wheel? I didn't assume it was...

Decided to to an AD145 Benchmark. (I know Benchmarks are more for attacks and skill but I just wanted a compairson)
Benchmark AD145 vs 230
I did 85 match ups a little later and compaired to AD145

W145 vs 85
AD145 vs 85

Hmmm, and so the W145 is better than AD145 ...
But I don't know if the Dark is good for this kind of test :\
Anyway, thank you very much Smile
Tbh it doesn't matter what wheel you use for mirror testing as long as they're the same so Dark is fine.
So Zancrow, you'll definitely be seeing me use W145 in the tournament, but maybe not in the way you're expecting.

On a completely, totally unrelated note, I think I found a new favorite Flash setup.
Well, I think I'm expecting it in the right way now Grin
Sadly, I have no place in my combos to fit in a W145 combo Joyful_3
I've added mirror tests against 90 and TH170 to the OP, and slightly reorganized previous testings.
I'll conduct 230 comparatives tomorrow. Wink
So, it's beating LTSC too? Whatttttttttt

Could you do AD145 vs 90 for comparison? I'd greatly appreciate it.
I'll try to get that done tomorrow alongside the 230 tests. Wink

EDIT:
AD145 v. 90 Comparatives:
Alternating launches
Bottoms switched fifteen matches in

Earth Pegasus II AD145WD v. Earth Pegasis II 90WD
US: 1 OS
IS: 29 (1 KO, 28 OS)
Ties: 0

AD145 Average Win Rate: 3%

(accidentally sniped AD145 once, so that's where the KO came from)

I didn't have the time to test 230 today because I was busy retesting 90. Originally with the AD145 v. 90 tests, my 90's Track alignment was slightly off, so the combo was a little off-kilter, resulting in AD145 winning. I straightened it out and 90 started winning again, so I retested W145 v. 90 and got similar results. I guess my 90 wasn't aligned well yesterday, so I've updated the OP with the today's tests and will work to get 230 tomorrow.

EDIT: Finally got through with the 230 tests and added them to the OP.
Yesterday, I used Duo Cancer W145MB vs Duo Bull 230MB, and I lost 3-1.
So, i think that W145 is an excellent track vs other 145, 85, and the other track lowest, but vs 230, is similar to the other track 145...

But for me, this track, is very strong.
I myself really enjoy using my W145. It seems pretty awesome. I'll try doing some tests when I look up good competitive testing combos xD