W105 [stamina test]

unfortunatly, I couldn't find anything on the WBO to compare my results to, so if you think that they are very incorrect, please feel free to do so tests yourself. I decided to test W105's stamina against AD145 because AD145 is well known for being best in stamina. Not being able to find anything in this forum relavent, I've come to the assumption that W105 is best in stamina combos.
[/color]
launcher used: Light launcher 2
Stadium used: Hasbro max stampede stadium
type of launch: strongest
+ standard prcedure

SOLO SPIN TIMES:

MF FlameRex W105WD | MF FlameRex AD145WD
1) 2.45.91 minutes | 1.56.06 minutes
2) 2.40.49 minutes | 1.56.52 minutes
3) 2.26.54 minutes | 2.03.53 minutes
4) 2.26.77 minutes | 1.48.58 minutes
5) 2.31.10 minutes | 1.37.12 minutes

W105 win rate: 100%

MF FlameRex 90WD | MF FlameRex 105WD
1) 2.40.03 minutes | 2.11.69 minutes
2) 2.49.78 minutes | 2.33.43 minutes
3) 2.25.84 minutes | 2.37.06 minutes
4) 2.30.98 minutes | 2.23.75 minutes
5) 2.25.37 minutes | 2.27.11 minutes
W105 win rate: 60% W105 win rate: 80%

1on1 (BATTLE) TEST RESULTS:

MF FlameRex W105WD vs MF FlameRex90WD

Round 1 winner: MF FlameRex W105WD
Round 2 winner: MF FlameRex W105WD
Round 3 winner: MF FlameRex 90WD
Round 4 winner: MF FlameRex W105WD
Round 5 winner: MF FlameRex W105WD

W105 Win rate: 80%

MF FlameRex W105WD vs MF FlameRex 105WD
Round 1 winner: MF FlameRex 105WD
Round 3 winner: MF FlameRex W105WD

W105 Win rate: 80%

MF FlameRex W105WD vs MF FlameRex AD145WD
Round 1 winner: MF FlameRex W105WD
Round 3 winner: MF FlameRex W105WD

W105 Win rate: 100%

Ickle's test results:

(Jul. 28, 2012  12:37 PM)Ickle Wrote: Thermal Capricorne W105WD vs. Thermal Capricorne LW105WD
Standard Procedure
Thermal Capricorne W105WD : 14 wins (14OS)
Thermal Capricorne LW105WD : 6 wins (5OS,1KO)
W105 win rate : 70%

Okay, for the first ten rounds, the W105 variant was using a slightly worn WD, whereas the LW105 variant was using a brand new WD. At the 11th round, I switch the WD's. When the LW105 variant was using the new WD, it would go a little bit aggressive at the first few seconds after launch, so that's how it got a KO. When it's aggressive, it takes the opportunity to kind of grind the W105 variant, so that's how the OS came around.

It's weird though. LW105+slightly worn WD = calm, LW105+new WD = aggressive.

I apologize if you don't understand what I wrote above.

the spin times do vary a fair amount, but I assure you that this was a 'fair test'.
so far, I'm pretty happy with the results.
Please comment below Smile
You have a nice idea here, but unfortunately these tests are slightly skewed since the two tracks aren't the same height. Since W105 is much shorter than AD145, there is probably a lot of destabilization going on in W105's favor. Typically when testing for stamina you want to do a lot of tests against same-height opponents first before you test against other heights so that we get a clearer picture of what's really going on.

Try some tests against the rest of the 105-height crew like DF105, LW105, and 105, and then move on to other heights. I'll especially want to see tests against 85 once you've got all the 105s out of the way.

EDIT: Wait, these aren't solo-spin-time tests, are they?
Could you perhaps do some spins with another low height track, to make the results more comparable. In addition to that, solo spin times don't always accurately represent in-battle performance, so some actual tests would be required.
I know for certain that this track has been tested at one point and found to not be spectacular. Just because there isn't a thread for a part doesn't mean it hasn't been.
I'll do more tests in comparison. probably with 90 and 105
Ultra: I know it has been tested, but i was able to find none of them when i searched, and Ofcourse it's been tested, i'd been extremly surprised if it hadn't. and I never mentioned it actually being a very good part :L

Anyway, I'll try to upload more results tommorrow.
I personally think it's okay to have testing threads even for relatively old parts if A) there isn't an old one, and B) somebody has notable results to back up making the thread.

In this case, this thread certainally fufills A, though there needs to be more notable/proper testing to truly fufill B.
Which mold of the Max Stampede were these tests done in?
which mold?
the hasbro red one?

EDIT: I have updated OP--added the results for 105 & 90
Does your stadium have craters in it or not?

The 2 molds are crater or non-crater. Without craters is the better of the two.
Dude proper tests are way way more useful than solo spins.
Solo spin times are good for seeing the effects on stamina. I would like to see all of the Wing/Tornado/Down Force parts retested against their normal track counterparts, as well as current top tier stamina tracks. They dont just add stamina like most people believve; they add both stamina and stability. I would especialy like more tests done with W145, and now that Zero G is out, all of these parts may have new applications
Maybe but they show nothing about how it performs in battle which is what's important.
You do have a point, but for the downforce parts especialy, as well as any other stamina part, both aspects of testing are needed for an accurate assesment of the part

In this case, it wont matter to much if he is using MXS NC, but if he is using MXS with the craters, we must ask him to find a way to retest.
I'll test it if you really want.
I can test non-solo spin times. ( Battles? )
it's the mold with craters.
Yes! What made you think solo spin times were preferable anyway?
'Cause they were stamina tests. I'd always planned to do others though, i'll do them as soon as I can.
About tests in out of battle. In a battling top game.
What? I'll do more tests now...
Do you mean battling(1on1)?
I was trying to make you understand how proper testing is much more useful that solo spins.
Yeah, I knew that, but the fact that it's more useful than solo spins in stamina tests is new to me.
How? No one else uses solo spins.
I don't know how you could've missed that, Luck. It's always been made extremely clear that Solo Spins only provide a small part of the big picture of part performance. They do not compare to proper formal testing, and only serve as indicators at best.
I've seen solo-spins used.
Plus, This is my first thread/even minorly significant input in the sub forum.
Anyway, I'm just finishing testing the last one. hold on.

EDIT: OP updated.
Thermal Capricorne W105WD vs. Thermal Capricorne LW105WD
Standard Procedure
Thermal Capricorne W105WD : 14 wins (14OS)
Thermal Capricorne LW105WD : 6 wins (5OS,1KO)
W105 win rate : 70%

Okay, for the first ten rounds, the W105 variant was using a slightly worn WD, whereas the LW105 variant was using a brand new WD. At the 11th round, I switch the WD's. When the LW105 variant was using the new WD, it would go a little bit aggressive at the first few seconds after launch, so that's how it got a KO. When it's aggressive, it takes the opportunity to kind of grind the W105 variant, so that's how the OS came around.

It's weird though. LW105+slightly worn WD = calm, LW105+new WD = aggressive.

I apologize if you don't understand what I wrote above.