Vulcan Upgraded! MFB Balance Combo? MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS

This has been a combo I’ve had for a few weeks but had decided against posting it due to it’s weakness and where the game was currently focused at the time of creation. The purpose of it was for it to be a MFB balance type in the old traditional sense of the word; ie Plastic Generation Bistol, Driger S and Galeon. Another reason I made it was for it to be purposely built to have an incredibly high win rate against Defence types and to be used in a Tournament situation where you can easily switch between 2 distinctly different combos of MF Vulcan Horuseus 85RF/R2F and MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS with the first combo being used against Stamina type Beyblades with the second against Defensive types.

*NOTE*
The CS that I'm using throughout my testing is worn and stays in Stamina Mode for the majority of battle.

Against Defence Beyblades: (Click to View)

Vulcan performs the job it’s was designed to do against Defence type Beyblades exceptionally well. In the MF Vulcan Horuseus 85RF/R2F combo Vulcan struggles a little against a RS opponent and because of self KO’s it can become a little risky to use in a competitive sense, this combo was build solely for Tournaments and Competitive battles so that it’s a lot easier to control without the risk of inflicting self KO’s.

Against Stamina Beyblades: (Click to View)

In the results that I’m posting they may be a little misleading to how well MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS can perform against a stamina type especially against Earth Bull 100WD/SD. The win rate against the 100 track stamina combo can normally range from 20% - 50% and at the current point in time when I came up with this combo the 230 track from Flame Byxis 230WD hadn’t been released yet so the Stamina Meta Game was focused around LSTC’s. Against a 100 track and 145 opponent Vulcan’s only way of winning is by KO as the opposing Stamina Beyblades have far to much Stamina to beat by OS, while if a KO doesn’t occur within the opening stages of a battle then the opposing Stamina combos is practically insured victory.

Though against a 230 track opponent Vulcan can actually record victories against it by OS and KO, with OS occurring more then a KO surprisingly.

Against An Attack Beyblade: (Click to View)

Against Attack Types Vulcan doesn't perform well due to the Vulcan wheel producing a lot of recoil. I haven't added formal testing but not even the inclusion of a MF - H seems to reduce the detrimental amount of recoil Vulcan suffers from as a defensive wheel. Though as a direct result of Vulcan suffering from such an extreme level of recoil it does aid Vulcan in it's Attacking prowess and is part of the Vulcan wheels secret to performing at the level of effectiveness that is does.

OTHER MEMBERS TESTING:

Dan's Testing Against Attack Types: (Click to View)

MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS is quite the handy combo to have in a competitive situation while Vulcan’s purpose is to throw a curb ball at your opponent as they won’t expect which version of Vulcan you’ll be using whether that’s the RF or CS combo. Compared to the RF equivalent this is a much easier option to use without the risk of inflicting a self KO.
Very interesting, though if it IS a Balance combo shouldn't you also be testing it against some Attack types as well?
Hmm very interesting results... Iirc, vulcan also performed decent as a defense wheel and now that CS is almost top tier, can you test it against an attack combo? It seems though right now it truly does have potential to be a balance type.
Really? I tested this a BUNCH of times and I couldn't find much.
Though Im testing CH120CS now, glad to see you and I are near the same wavelength.. :]
(Dec. 14, 2010  12:18 AM)Dan Wrote: Really? I tested this a BUNCH of times and I couldn't find much.
Though Im testing CH120CS now, glad to see you and I are near the same wavelength.. :]

It's probably the CS you have. My CS does not want to go into attack mode often, so I'm stuck in stamina no matter how i launch it. I guess it all depends on the condition of your CS that affects results in combo's like these.

... also i htink i need to get a vulcan wheel. lol completely random but w/e.
hah, no I just needed to break it in.
Results against Ray Uni 100RF

Vulcan Horuseus 90CS vs Ray Unicorno 100RF*
7 - 3: Vulcan has 70% WR, Ray Uni has a 30% WR.
*Ray was completely out matched.. Explain why it is top-tier again..?

Vulcan Horuseus 90CS vs Lightning LDrago CH120RF**
6 - 4: Vulcan has a 40% WR, LLD has a 60% WR.
*Lightnings furiosity and Vulcan's Bruteness collided, usually leaving Lightning as the victory.. CH120: Gift of god.

Vulcan Horuseus 90CS vs Meteo LDrago 100RF***
6 - 4: Vulcan has a 60% WR, while MLD has a 40% WR.
***I noticed that MLD's rubber managed to neutralize Vulcan, but inevitably losing many times because of OS. Funny enough, on one occasion a giant clash with MLD and Vulcan sent Vulcan flying and left MLD dead in the stadium..

Accept these results if you want, :U I'm just bored and need something to do..
I played around with this combo for a bit, and I agree with Nojo, when I tried it against an RSF opponent, CS could not out spin RSF(It looked like vulcan's recoil caused it to lose stamina faster? but idk) I think it depends on the condition of the CS because my CS is rounded at the tip, and it's sort of worn out.
CS cannot outlive RSF/RS especially if it is worn out.
Apparently it has a 90% WR though. Look at the first post..
*Clearly CS is a high maintenance-high gain tip, with many factors affecting it.
Lol @ ray unicorno, it usually does way better. Vulcan + CS is really proving to be a monstrosity....
Very nice, i really want to order a Vulcan after seeing these results.
Definitely sends defense customs packing from the results.
(Dec. 14, 2010  5:04 AM)Dan Wrote: CS cannot outlive RSF/RS especially if it is worn out.
Apparently it has a 90% WR though. Look at the first post..
*Clearly CS is a high maintenance-high gain tip, with many factors affecting it.

To be honest the majority of the wins MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS recorded against RS and RSF were from outspin, that's what made the combo so great was the fact that it didn't need to rely on KO's to win.

This was awhile ago and I haven't posted any formal testing but my CS comes very close to SD and WD for stamina and survival.

Dan, I'll add your results to the OP. I just added some testing against Attack Type Beyblades and I've recorded completely different results from yours once again. It really could just go down to how worn my tip is, as my CS is quite worn and mostly stays in stamina mode perhaps that means there isn't enough rubber coating on it to help it act as a defensive tip?

------------------

I’ve added some Attack Testing and Vulcan doesn’t seem to hold up to well against Attack Types. Due to Vulcan’s recoil it doesn’t act to well as a Defence Type Bey. But if somebody were to try and build an Old School Balance type the only part I can say without a doubt which would be involved is CS.

Though recently with discussions in the Advance Forum it seems as though the general consensus is that the definition of the traditional Stamina and Defence style Balance type Beyblade is currently unable to be reproduced in MFB, while a new style of Balance type Beyblade being created to deal with the intense game play of MFB. The new MFB Balance Type would be a Beyblade which can achieve a reasonable win rate against all Beyblade attributes of Stamina, Defence and Attack; the only combo currently available which can perform this magical feat is MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF.
I don't see how are tests are too dissimilar, there is always a variable, right?
Our LLD's were pretty close, and we both saw its major recoil. I especially saw it trying Vulcan out on defense.
-Dear God, I could have become a pirate if I wasn't careful!-
Is there a conclusion to this?
Not a balance type, just another fairly good attack type..?
I suppose the variable could be my CS? Since my CS is worn maybe the rubber that traditionally aids the Beyblade in it's defensive qualities doesn't work as effectively, thus resulting in poor results?

I supoose it could be still considered a Balance type just a sub par Balance type, as MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS has attack and stamina just lacking in it's defence Pinching_eyes_2
Just had a random thought.

IF Libra were to be reinstated into the MFB meta game then MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS might become a prominent combo due to Attack Type Beyblades losing their competitive edge against Defence Types with MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS achieving a high win rate against Stamina and Defence Types. Though testing for Libra will need to be conducted to see whether or not Libra will be reinstated but it was just a random thought,
(Dec. 17, 2010  12:21 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Just had a random thought. IF Libra were to be reinstated into the MFB meta game then MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS might become a prominent combo due to Attack Type Beyblades losing their competitive edge against Defence Types with MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS achieving a high win rate against Stamina and Defence Types. Though testing for Libra will need to be conducted to see whether or not Libra will be reinstated but it was just a random thought,

but then wouldnt that only leave libra and this combo as viable options? After all, b4 this combo was found it was libra's domination, and with this combo being the only one that stands a chance, all other attack types will not be relevant...
(Dec. 17, 2010  12:21 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Though testing for Libra will need to be conducted to see whether or not Libra will be reinstated but it was just a random thought,

Not just that, but to see if Vulcan can match up too,
(Dec. 17, 2010  12:54 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2010  12:21 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Though testing for Libra will need to be conducted to see whether or not Libra will be reinstated but it was just a random thought,

Not just that, but to see if Vulcan can match up too,

Hmmm... vulcan seems like a must-get.
It is, I cannot stress that enough!
If dimsum still has some available, pounce quickly like I did!
It is a superb wheel, yet Libra is quite the challenge when combined with another breaker: RS.
(Dec. 17, 2010  1:54 AM)Dan Wrote: It is, I cannot stress that enough!
If dimsum still has some available, pounce quickly like I did!
It is a superb wheel, yet Libra is quite the challenge when combined with another breaker: RS.

Take a look at the "is WB still top tier" thread... I got some interesting results for CS...
(Dec. 17, 2010  12:22 AM)Nojo294 Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2010  12:21 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Just had a random thought.

IF Libra were to be reinstated into the MFB meta game then MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS might become a prominent combo due to Attack Type Beyblades losing their competitive edge against Defence Types with MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS achieving a high win rate against Stamina and Defence Types. Though testing for Libra will need to be conducted to see whether or not Libra will be reinstated but it was just a random thought,

but then wouldnt that only leave libra and this combo as viable options? After all, b4 this combo was found it was libra's domination, and with this combo being the only one that stands a chance, all other attack types will not be relevant...

MF Lightning L Drago 100RF/R2F performs alright, plus we now have MF Meteo L Drago 90RF/R2F and MF Gravity Perseus 90/D125RF which could stand a chance against Libra as well. But we'll just have to wait an see what happens with the results.
To be honest, I tried this combo myself, though I only have a hasro stadium, and I've found it doesn't have enough power, and has a bit much recoil, with CS. I mean, it wasn't bad, but MF-H Gravity Perseus (Reshuffle Attack Version) 85CS just worked better. Could be the fact I was only using a LF stadium, as my Attack Stadium is in the mail, but yeah. I found Gravity to do comparatively better against attack types (especially with the ability to change the CW into defense mode, and launch both Left and Right).
Your results are a lot better than I thought mine were (probably due to the terrible stadium I'm using), but my Gravity Perseus worked well against lower-track stamina types (I used Earth (mold 2) Bull 90WD for testing, I don't have mold 1 of Earth) as with the slightly slopey shape, it can get under/destabilise them.

I just think that RF is more suitable for Vulcan.

On a side note, I'd like to mention how nicely the Bull CW fits with Vulcan, the slopes align really, really nicely (and I'm sure the extra stamina doesn't hurt). Might be worth a look at, seeing as we're using Vulcan on low tracks.

But yeah, seeing as I don't have an attack stadium yet, this is pretty much just speculation. Whenever it arrives, I'll probably do some testing, though that'll probably be after Xmas.
wow! That is great,a new balance combo i have been waiting for that.
Now i have to buy vulcan horesus and mercury anubis or the super deck set or the MLD reshuffule setUnhappy.
As much as this is off topic, buy the super deck set. It's by far the best of the three for parts and value. Plus, seeing as it looks like Libra might be unbanned (though it may be superseded by Basalt), it's a great buy, there's pretty much nothing in it that isn't top tier (D and Cancer are more often used as substitutes when other parts aren't available, but yeah). And, if CS doesn't work out for you, you still have a top tier blade with RF.

EDIT: Also, the tracks in BB-96 are better, and seeing as a lot of the parts in the Ldrago reshuffle set are designed for left spin, they won't be as useful, unless you really, really like Meteo/Lightning L Drago.
(Dec. 17, 2010  1:34 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: As much as this is off topic, buy the super deck set. It's by far the best of the three for parts and value. Plus, seeing as it looks like Libra might be unbanned (though it may be superseded by Basalt), it's a great buy, there's pretty much nothing in it that isn't top tier (D and Cancer are more often used as substitutes when other parts aren't available, but yeah).
my first choice is MLD reshuffule set.
sorry for the off-topic
That still ISN'T a balance type....
CS is qualified as an attack tip,
so you should use FS or parts that have dual abilities(Dark,SF) to make it become a balance.