[Virginia, USA] Tournament Discussion

Poll: I would attend events in these areas. answer as many as needed.

Charlottesville
18.27%
Richmond
38.58%
Virginia Beach / Chesapeake
26.90%
Newport News
16.24%
Total: 100% 197 vote(s)
Thanks for the info PruebameWink and about the store your talking about, I think you might be talkin about Kaboom. There really cool people, but the manager *not the owner* is extremely Bi-polar and Kaboom is extremely ragtag:\ I like the being there *for the most part* but no the location.
yea that place sounds familiar. Just a thought. I like low entree fees
(Jun. 13, 2012  2:33 AM)Pruebame Wrote: yea that place sounds familiar. Just a thought. I like low entree fees

I here exactly what your saying, but I just cant imagine having a tournament in a place like that.:\ I love comic kings though. The store owner and employee are the coolest guys you can meet. It just that they have back to back Yugioh and Magic tournaments thursday through sunday Tired
maybe
(Jun. 13, 2012  2:48 AM)AquilaOrion Wrote: maybe
Ok. Also, if you dont mind me asking, what city/state do you live in?
(Jun. 12, 2012  10:44 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2012  5:12 AM)Pruebame Wrote: Alright so starting on the initial planning for the next Richmond Tournament. Keep watching here for details soon to come.

BigBang, I would be willing to help with something down that way for you if needed. Let me know.

Let me know when. I would love to come down again.

Again, Dark, Virginia is above North Carolina geographically.

Since you seem to have trouble grasping the fact that we don't actually live in a space-time paradox like DefStamina88 previously stated, please refer back to this picture of the East Coast in the future whenever you have the desire to make a statement like the one above.

poison(I'll refuse to call you anything else): I hope that all goes well with your event! Grin But AquilaOrion already posted in the Chaos Rising 1.0 thread that he didn't live near by, so there probably isn't any use in adding him to the Possible Attendees list. *coughrememberschanman12*
poison(I'll refuse to call you anything else): I hope that all goes well with your event! Grin But AquilaOrion already posted in the Chaos Rising 1.0 thread that he didn't live near by, so there probably isn't any use in adding him to the Possible Attendees list. *coughrememberschanman12*
[/quote]

Lol, I do remember. Ill still add him,......just wont expect him to show up. But if he does, Ill give him the benefit of the doughtWink *P.S. I might just end up changing my username back to Poison*
(Jun. 13, 2012  12:54 AM)BigBang Aries! Wrote: Ok, so my plan is to have it on July 7th or July 8th at one of the two stores. Comic Kings or Comic Book Heaven. Both of these stores are located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Both have TCGs happening on both of those dates so I might have to sweet talk them into letting us rent out there spaceXD lol.Here is the attendees list for right now at this moment.

Confirmed:

BigBang Aries!
Beat Bull!
Jade Eagle!
Death Phoenix!

Maybe:

Dark_Mousy
Dragon's Fang
Bazooka
Pruebame

If you would like to attend this future tournament, then hurry up and join so we can get this approved!!!Wink
I might come depending on if I am back in L.A by then

@Fakir. Ok, I have added you to the maybes list. Just check back asap to confirm you will be there or not.
Come on guys. July 7th or July 8th really isnt to far away.... we need as many people as possible... If we can get 10 people or more to show up. Ill let you all choose a reasonable prize for 1st place, but youll have to decide as a whole.
Im with BigBang Aries! and Im comin to the tournament ready win!Wink
(Jun. 14, 2012  10:37 PM)Death Phoenix! Wrote: Im with BigBang Aries! and Im comin to the tournament ready win!Wink

Awesome, glad to see you coming.Tongue_out Now I just need Seth and Travis *Eagle and Bull* to confirm they're coming aswell.
Okay,... I'm just making future references but here's how I see it. I leave for a trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains for an entire week.... If no one *except the people I have already talked to* Is bothered with trying to help get this tournament started *with the exception of my 4 friends and I* then I guess this tournament is completely screwed because I refuse to help out if no one is gonna make suggestions what so ever. Serious I might get back online between 1:00pm and 6:00pm so if you have any questions PM me before that time. Otherwise, I quess were not having a tourney... You guys make the decision.
Prue's already given his input, and you know where I stand. There aren't that many more options for you to look to at this point.

It helps to know a lot of little kids, if that's any help. xD
Idk wat to do.... I quess I'll talk to everybody next week.... Peace.Smile P.S. please pm me for ANY questions about this tournamentWink
Hello I'm X-Saber one of the locals in VA. I'm hoping to host a tourney in Ashburn, VA. If anyone wants to come PM me or post here.
Wink
~X-Saber
We know who you are, man... Haven't been on in a while, now have you? And since you're still interested in holding an Ashburn event, you need to pick a definite location and date first. Otherwise, no one will know when to make arrangements and put you in their schedule. No tournament info prior to = no participant commitment.
Alright so it's time to start the next tournament conversation. I know it's a bit away but with summer activities it looks like the next Richmond tournament will be either the first or second week of August for me. One eyed Jacques will be the location as the last 2 events. Keep watching this forum and as soon as I lock in the dates, I'll post.
OK. I want to host a tourney in Ashburn Park/Dinosaur Park. I want it to be on July 21, 2012. I want it to be a Round Robin tourney. PM me or Post in this topic if you want to join. Location may change to Algonkian Park if 10 or more people join. Algonkian Park is about 10 minutes from Ashburn Park. Thanks!
Wink
~X-Saber
(Jun. 19, 2012  2:24 PM)X-Saber Wrote: OK. I want to host a tourney in Ashburn Park/Dinosaur Park. I want it to be on July 21, 2012. I want it to be a Round Robin tourney. PM me or Post in this topic if you want to join. Location may change to Algonkian Park if 10 or more people join. Algonkian Park is about 10 minutes from Ashburn Park. Thanks!
Wink
~X-Saber

What part of va is that
(Jun. 19, 2012  2:45 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2012  2:24 PM)X-Saber Wrote: OK. I want to host a tourney in Ashburn Park/Dinosaur Park. I want it to be on July 21, 2012. I want it to be a Round Robin tourney. PM me or Post in this topic if you want to join. Location may change to Algonkian Park if 10 or more people join. Algonkian Park is about 10 minutes from Ashburn Park. Thanks!
Wink
~X-Saber

What part of va is that
Algonkian is in Sterling, VA. As for Asburn just search it on Google Maps.
~X-Saber

You probably won't want to host it at Algonkian Park... Just read their prices and rules at the bottom. Just shoot for Ashburn Park unless you're willing to pay all that money for one of the better venues.

But to be perfectly honest, you'd have a better chance of getting participants by advertising in the Maryland tournament thread considering how much closer you are to Silver Spring and D.C. than you are to any of our meta-games. You may even want to look into attending next weekend's Silver Spring tournament since it's only a forty minute drive for you.
Lol at angry new name change
Ok on topic, Pruebame, I can most likely attend your event if its in the beginning of August. I'd most likely bring along my sister and my cousin, who both just recently got into beyblade. So if I can make it, you can expect 3 of us.

Also @X-Saber I live in Winchester, so I can assist you with the tournament. I'm 90% sure that the D.C./ Silver Springs community will try and make it, so thats a plus. Also I get back from church camp July 20th, so I might not be able to come. But if I do you can also expect 2-3.
(Jun. 20, 2012  2:13 AM)©oke Wrote: Also @X-Saber I live in Winchester, so I can assist you with the tournament. I'm 90% sure that the D.C./ Silver Springs community will try and make it, so thats a plus. Also I get back from church camp July 20th, so I might not be able to come. But if I do you can also expect 2-3.
Thanks Man. I'm trying D.C. and Silver Springs.
Wink
~X-Saber