Valtryek V2 Testing & Discussion.

[Image: valtryekv2.png]

Valtryek V2 Testing & Discussion 
Overlooked? Without a doubt.

Losing an official match is never fun, especially to something you've been convinced was bad for months on end. I had been under the assumption that due to easier bursting as a result of slopes, there was no incentive on taking a good look at Valtryek V2's potential the competitive game. My personal dislike towards the TAKARA-TOMY Victory Valkyrie, at the time, only contributed to this.

After recently losing a fair match to a (presumably stock?) combination using Valtryek V2, I had became a little more curious and decided to finally look into it a little more myself. Check out my results! 

Equipment and Procedures:
For each set of testings, I will be using a Valtryek V2 with only a few prior usages, a Wyvern under the same conditions and Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther Layers in their prime. 

Valtryek V2 will be launched second to its opposing Beyblades. 

Matches will take place in the B-00 Red Mission Stadium and will feature Beyblades launched with a Karabiner Grip, accompanied by a BeyLogger and a Light Launcher/Long Winder duo. 

Test Results:

Quote:
Valtryek V2 as an Attack/Stamina Hybrid: 

Valtryek V2 Heavy Zephyr vs. Wyvern Gravity Defense
Valtryek V2 Heavy Zephyr: 8 Wins (ALL BF) 
Wyvern Gravity Defense: 2 Wins (ALL SF)
Valtryek V2 win rate: 80%
3 Draws (3 DBF)

Valtryek V2 Heavy Zephyr vs. Deathscyther Gravity Revolve

Deathscyther launched at 50% power with a moderate bank.
Valtryek V2 Heavy Zephyr: 7 Wins (6 BF, 1 OF) 
Deathscyther Gravity Revolve: 3 Wins (ALL SF)
Valtryek V2 win rate: 70%

Valtryek V2 Heavy Zephyr vs. Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit
Valtryek V2 Heavy Zephyr: 0 Wins
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit: 10 Wins (9 SF, 1 BF)
Valtryek V2 win rate: 0%

Closing Remarks:
While not necessarily better than its Japanese counterpart, I'm pretty sold on Valtryek V2, or at least the Valtryek V2 + Zephyr combination. Its lack of self-bursting was a pretty nice change from my past results with the original Valtryek. Zephyr as opposed to Variable could have very well contributed to this, though. 

[Image: valtryekvclose.png]
Might be a good idea to try it with the Hasbro Variable too, tougher and softer rubber actually makes it a really good attack type driver. Also I personally think that Gravity works better for Attack Customizations since the greater OWD should lead to stronger hits and the high slopes of high recoil Attack Type layers like V2 would be able to withstand it.
I'll definitely add to this once I get Victory Valtryek.
Whoa! Those results were unexpected. Since developing an affinity for V2 at our last tournament I might have to get my hands on one of these!
As I got the epic rivals battle set neatly two weeks ago, I think I can safely say that the Hasbro Victory Valtryek V2, even straight out of the box, is definitely one of the strongest attack types in the game as, up until I got my launches right, I struggled to even double burst with excalius. Even with a "good" launch, excalius has trouble with the valtryek layer been too well designed for excalius to have the attackers edge its supposed to. All in all I personally believe the Valtryek layer a VERY strong layer regardless off whether used as an all-out-attacker or a combination bey. But I'll do more thourough comparison tests next week after I can get some defensive layers (atm I have everything but, go figure lol) so I'll try to do some proper tests next week and (if I remember) record the data. Also I should note that my "tests" are actually just things I noticed while me and my mate have been battling and one of us has used the V2 layer. One thing I should mention, V2 seems to have an absolutely horrible matchup against the R2 layer for some reason.
(Feb. 03, 2017  4:10 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: As I got the epic rivals battle set neatly two weeks ago, I think I can safely say that the Hasbro Victory Valtryek V2, even straight out of the box, is definitely one of the strongest attack types in the game as, up until I got my launches right, I struggled to even double burst with excalius. Even with a "good" launch, excalius has trouble with the valtryek layer been too well designed for excalius to have the attackers edge its supposed to. All in all I personally believe the Valtryek layer a VERY strong layer regardless off whether used as an all-out-attacker or a combination bey. But I'll do more thourough comparison tests next week after I can get some defensive layers (atm I have everything but, go figure lol) so I'll try to do some proper tests next week and (if I remember) record the data. Also I should note that my "tests" are actually just things I noticed while me and my mate have been battling and one of us has used the V2 layer. One thing I should mention, V2 seems to have an absolutely horrible matchup against the R2 layer for some reason.

can u do some tests of R2 vs V2 then and post them?
Thank you for the tests Mitsu. Smile
Ill add some Hasbro R2 vs V2 tests later today but i find R2 to be far to prone to self bursting against pretty much any opponent to be reliable

Please note that my testing were carried out in the Hasbro Epic Rivals yellow stadium as I do not currently own a Takara stadium. Also R2 was soft launched and V2 was NOT launched with a banking shoot, if either R2 was launched full power or V2 launched with a banking shoot, V2 recorded a 100% burst rate.

Valtryek V2 Heavy Zephyr vs Roktavor  R2 Gravity Revolve
Valtryek V2: 8 wins (3OS, 5BF)
Roktavor R2: 2 wins (1OS, 1BF)
2 Draws (1DBF, 1SSF)
I have some further tests here attempting to compare Hasbro Zephyr vs Variable drivers with V2 and again all tests were carried out the the Yellow Hasbro stadium.

Valtryek V2 Heavy Zephyr vs Unicrest Gravity Defense
Valtryek V2: 3 wins (3BF)
Unicrest: 7 wins (7OS)
2 Draws (2DBF)

Valtryek V2 Heavy Zephyr vs Blaze Ragnaruk Down Orbit
Valtryek V2: 3 wins (3KO)
Blaze Ragnaruk: 7 wins (3OS,4BF)

Valtryek V2 Heavy Variable vs Unicrest Gravity Defense
Valtryek V2: 2 wins (1KO,1BF)
Unicrest: 8 wins (8OS)

Valtryek V2 Heavy Variable vs Blaze Ragnaruk Down Orbit
Valtryek V2: 0 wins
Blaze Ragnaruk: 10 wins (9OS,1BF)
(Jun. 23, 2017  7:01 AM)Shaady Wrote: I have some further tests here attempting to compare Zephyr vs Variable drivers and again all tests were carried out the the Yellow Hasbro stadium.

I'm sorry but Hasbro stadiums are invalid for testing due to being unbalanced
As I already stated I do not own a Takara stadium, so feel free to ignore the results if you want but it hardly makes them Invalid (unless in the context of META, but not everything here has to be META). The whole purpose here is to start a discussion so rather than just bleating my opinion I at least provided some form of evidence to back it up.
(Jun. 23, 2017  5:27 AM)Shaady Wrote: Ill add some Hasbro R2 vs V2 tests later today but i find R2 to be far to prone to self bursting against pretty much any opponent to be reliable

Please note that my testing were carried out in the Hasbro Epic Rivals yellow stadium as I do not currently own a Takara stadium. Also R2 was soft launched and V2 was NOT launched with a banking shoot, if either R2 was launched full power or V2 launched with a banking shoot, V2 recorded a 100% burst rate.

2 Draws (1DBF, 1SSF)

i think u should have used down or knuckle  instead of gravity and survive instead of revolve
(Jun. 23, 2017  7:34 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  5:27 AM)Shaady Wrote: Ill add some Hasbro R2 vs V2 tests later today but i find R2 to be far to prone to self bursting against pretty much any opponent to be reliable

2 Draws (1DBF, 1SSF)

i think u should have used down or knuckle  instead of gravity and survive instead of revolve

Here are the results as per the changes you suggested. Under Identical conditions as before

Valtryek V2 Heavy Zephyr vs Roktavor R2 Down Survive
Valtryek V2: 6 wins (3OS, 3BF)
Roktavor R2: 4 wins (3OS, 1BF)
2 Draws (2SSF)

Here I have included another set but this time I launched V2 aggressively.

Valtryek V2: 8 wins (5OS, 3BF)
Roktavor R2: 2 wins (1KO, 1BF)
2 Draws (2DBF)

Whilst the changes were a marked improvement, I still disagree with Twitch's observation that V2 struggles against R2.
(Jun. 23, 2017  8:11 AM)Shaady Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  7:34 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i think u should have used down or knuckle  instead of gravity and survive instead of revolve

Here are the results as per the changes you suggested. Under Identical conditions as before

Valtryek V2: 6 wins (3OS, 3BF)
Roktavor R2: 4 wins (3OS, 1BF)
2 Draws (2SSF)

Here I have included another set but this time I launched V2 aggressively.

Valtryek V2: 8 wins (5OS, 3BF)
Roktavor R2: 2 wins (1KO, 1BF)
2 Draws (2DBF)

Whilst the changes were a marked improvement, I still disagree with Twitch's observation that V2 struggles against R2.
yup R2 got rekt lol maybe try R2 on a mobile setup like hasbro R2 knuckle accel vs the same V2 combo to see if it has trouble with R2 mobile combo.
Ill try and test this later, but I believe Zephyr will be superior to Accel with R2 because of the lower friction Zephyr has compared to Accel which will increase stamina and reduce the chance of bursting (something we know R2 struggles with).
(Jun. 24, 2017  3:49 AM)Shaady Wrote: Ill try and test this later, but I believe Zephyr will be superior to Accel with R2 because of the lower friction Zephyr has compared to Accel which will increase stamina and reduce the chance of bursting (something we know R2 struggles with).

ok then choose zephyr.