Valkyrie/Spriggan/Ragnaruk/Kerbeous Heavy Accel Testing

Here are all the tests:

Equipment:

Benchmark:

Tests:

Tests with BeyLauncher:

Battle Statistics

Here you can view the round by round results for each battle!
Test Results + Benchmark

I am surprised that the stock Valkyrie beat Kerbeus more than all of those combos haha! There was also a very dramatic increase in the amount of burst finishes that happened, i have no idea why this is, the teeth on the bottom of the wheel did not seem to be worn at all, maybe since i got use to the launcher and now launch the beys more powerfully it affects the beys by making bursts happen more often (which makes sense).
Results must be posted using this format. It's fine if you want to link to that spreadsheet, but so that we can keep things consistent and simple to understand on the actual forums, results have to be posted like this.

And if you're up for it, the additional statistics that I included for my initial uncustomized testing thread are useful too. Smile

The use of Spread on Kerbeus and Defense isn't something I would really consider ... Heavy is much better in my experience so far. I'll be posting a thread for Kerbeus Heavy Defense soon and you'll see what I mean.
(Jul. 11, 2015  2:59 AM)Kei Wrote: Results must be posted using this format. It's fine if you want to link to that spreadsheet, but so that we can keep things consistent and simple to understand on the actual forums, results have to be posted like this.

And if you're up for it, the additional statistics that I included for my initial uncustomized testing thread are useful too. Smile

The use of Spread on Kerbeus and Defense isn't something I would really consider ... Heavy is much better in my experience so far. I'll be posting a thread for Kerbeus Heavy Defense soon and you'll see what I mean.
Alright i thought that would be a problem haha, and i know Heavy is a lot better but i do not have two and i really wanted to test attack with heavy, seems like it wasn't too good...
Here are more test results of Heavy combos, except this time i have two heavy wheels!

Equipment:
BeyLauncher + Grip + BeyLogger
B-00 Standard Type Beystadium

Spriggan Heavy Accel Vs. Kerbeous Heavy Defense
Spriggan: Wins 10/20 (1 SF, 4 OF's, 5 BF's)
Kerbeous: Wins 10/20 (7 SF's, 3 BF's)
Spriggan 50% Win Rate
Three draws (1 BF/OF, 2 DBF's)

Kerbeous Heavy Accel Vs. Kerbeous Heavy Defense
Kerbeous Accel: Wins 4/20 (All BF's)
Kerbeous Defense: Wins 16/20 (14 SF's, 2 BF's)
Kerbeous Accel 20% Win Rate
Two draws (All DBF's)

Valkyrie Heavy Accel Vs. Kerbeous Heavy Defense
*I believe my Valkyrie teeth were worn*
Valkyrie: Wins 2/20 (1 BF, 1 OF)
Kerbeous: Wins 18/20 (2 SF's, 16 BF's)
Valkyrie 10% Win Rate
Eight draws (4 BF/OF, 4 DBF's)

Ragnaruk Heavy Accel Vs. Kerbeous Heavy Defense
Ragnaruk: Wins 7/20 (All BF's)
Kerbeous: Wins 13/20 (6 SF's, 7 BF's)
Ragnaruk 35% Win Rate
Five draws (All DBF's)

Round by Round Results

Battle Statistics
Quote:*I believe my Valkyrie teeth were worn*

This part's concerning to me. Can you elaborate? (Though I have to note that you also said that your BeyLauncher is stuck to the grip and your Light Launchers are all broken, which seems super unusual.)

Kerbeus Heavy Defense seems like the Bey to beat.
(Jul. 24, 2015  2:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Quote:*I believe my Valkyrie teeth were worn*

This part's concerning to me. Can you elaborate? (Though I have to note that you also said that your BeyLauncher is stuck to the grip and your Light Launchers are all broken, which seems super unusual.)

Kerbeus Heavy Defense seems like the Bey to beat.

I managed to fix the BeyLauncher problem by adding soap on the grip so it would actually come off haha. And by worn i mean like the little teeth that make the beyblade reach burst levels were more rounded than a brand new valkyrie (which would have spiky teeth which would make it harder to burst). Hopefully that explains it Smile
(Jul. 24, 2015  2:18 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: And by worn i mean like the little teeth that make the beyblade reach burst levels were more rounded than a brand new valkyrie (which would have spiky teeth which would make it harder to burst)

That is something that I haven't thought of that kind of sucks. As burst beys get worn they will be easier to burst and we will have to buy new ones. O well I guess that's what random booster commons will be for. Gonna wanna have brand new parts for Burst tournaments
So you're saying you've noticed measurable wear on the teeth? I remember Kei posted that his seemed to have not deteriorated yet. This is a huge issue that I hoped would have been addressed by the designers ...
(Jul. 24, 2015  6:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: So you're saying you've noticed measurable wear on the teeth? I remember Kei posted that his seemed to have not deteriorated yet. This is a huge issue that I hoped would have been addressed by the designers ...

As you can see by my WBBA profile i've played with my bursts a lot more than Kei (1300 times), so yeah my Valkyrie bursts a lot easier than it use to when i first got it, it sucks.
(Jul. 24, 2015  1:46 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2015  6:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: So you're saying you've noticed measurable wear on the teeth? I remember Kei posted that his seemed to have not deteriorated yet. This is a huge issue that I hoped would have been addressed by the designers ...

As you can see by my WBBA profile i've played with my bursts a lot more than Kei (1300 times), so yeah my Valkyrie bursts a lot easier than it use to when i first got it, it sucks.

Darn, that really confirms my fears about the mechanism loosening after so many battles. How loose is it?
(Jul. 24, 2015  2:42 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2015  1:46 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:

Darn, that really confirms my fears about the mechanism loosening after so many battles. How loose is it?

It is the loosest out of all my burst beys, it also seems like one hit and it bursts, there does not need to be a lot of force applied for it to lose burst levels.
This may confirm my biggest fear about the new system; incredibly rapid wear (part wear was always a pet peeve of mine in MFB, but here it's probably an even bigger problem, considering it's actually the Layers that are wearing out and it seems as though it happens pretty quickly). This could make Beyblade Burst an incredibly expensive hobby to keep up with.

Anywho, these tests seem to confirm that Spriggan is probably the most solid Attack Layer we've got as of now (and that Ragnaruk is a piece of garbage; kinda dissapointed). I am kinda interested in how Ragnaruk hit a drastically higher win percentage against Kerberus than Valkyrie in the second set, since in all your tests and Kei's so far Valkyrie has topped Ragnaruk. I guess it could be due to the wear you mentioned, although that would mean the situation is even worse than I anticipated.

On a side note, how would you guys say Spread compares to Heavy for Attack? It would be really nice to hear what experience you've had with different Disks.
its an other way to get economy run. needing new parts to prevent earlier burst. probably they will released a better materail to prevent this worn.
OMG, I can't believe they had not took into account this problem... Should I save my money to reinforce my zeroG/MFB army instead of BB Burst? I mean, is it really a big problem?
I'll probably wait until it gets a bit cheaper to import knowing I'll need to rebuy parts if I want to test/play a decent amount. Why does the Hasbro release have to be so long away, haha.
it<s the first main characteristic to be bad but they always place for upgrade. so its the first released, the product never be perfect. we still have to wait to the next release to see if it will be better.
Yeah, hopefully they get enough complaints to do something about it. We should all email them and let them know so they are more likely to fix it
currently only one person complaining about it so maybe chill for now
(Jul. 25, 2015  1:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: currently only one person complaining about it so maybe chill for now

True, but not many of us yet have them or have been (extensivly) testing them.
Well, if Valkyrie's teeth are apparently worn, what does that mean for your Ragnaruk, Spriggan, and Kerbeus? Are they mostly the same as when you first bought them since the teeth aren't as sharp? If that's the case, maybe this will only become an issue with Layers that have teeth similar to Valkyrie.

Anyways, happy to see that your results are mostly reflecting what I've found through my own testing with Spriggan perhaps being the best Layer for Attack and Kerbeus the best for Stamina/Defense.
(Jul. 25, 2015  7:32 PM)Kei Wrote: Well, if Valkyrie's teeth are apparently worn, what does that mean for your Ragnaruk, Spriggan, and Kerbeus? Are they mostly the same as when you first bought them since the teeth aren't as sharp? If that's the case, maybe this will only become an issue with Layers that have teeth similar to Valkyrie.

I have not been using the other three as much as i used Valkyrie, but your theory makes sense really, if they come rounded then wearing will not be as visible versus spiky teeth.
No one has done any cross-gen battling with their Bursts, have they? If so that could be a problem with a test due to wear, which I think MFB or Plastics or even HMS would cause.
A lot of people have, though not actual testing, since it's pointless.
(Jul. 27, 2015  8:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: A lot of people have, though not actual testing, since it's pointless.

Yes, but I meant couldn't it somewhat loosen the teeth on the Layer. That would affect burst testing, wouldn't it?
(Jul. 27, 2015  9:36 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2015  8:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: A lot of people have, though not actual testing, since it's pointless.

Yes, but I meant couldn't it somewhat loosen the teeth on the Layer. That would affect burst testing, wouldn't it?

Battles do not effect the wear, what causes the wear is actually the taking apart and putting together of the bey, battles take it apart which causes the wear, not the actual beyblade that it is going up against.