[VOTING] The GIMPers Battle; who shall be the champion?

Alright yeah!! Vote for the best! Good luck everyone!

Entry 1
[Image: 2ytr85k.png]
E2
[Image: gimpcontestentry2.png]
E3
[Image: di-0BDJ.png]
E4
[Image: di-Z1CX.png]
E5
[Image: hulk_sig_0_2_by_bigbangpegasis9-d4bjl6l.png]
E6
[Image: souleatersig.png]
E7
[Image: JMenn.png]

Gee, there is soo much entries that we might have to do vote for two don't you think?
Were tutorials allowed? Because I wanted to use one but ended up not because I thought it wasn't allowed. I mean, anyone can follow a tutorial, right? That doesn't really show skill.
unless you really didn't do exactly what the tut tells you, like what renders and stuff, its OK
Entry 2, There are a good mixture of effects, brushes, and a good lightsource.
I pick E1 and E4 also E2 looks toooo flippin real
(Oct. 02, 2011  5:47 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: Entry 2, There are a good mixture of effects, brushes, and a good lightsource.
Vote for 2 please. So there is enough ranking.
Will the votes be in order or equal? For example, the first one voted gets 2 points and the second one gets 1, or both get 1?
both gets 1 i think
if its 2 then i will also chose Entry 7, Really a GIMP sig.. XD. good background, nice color choice.
BeybladerPotter Wrote:Gee, there is soo much entries that we might have to do vote for two don't you think?
Just though I would correct some of that for you:
SDamonCronous Wrote:Gee, there are soo many entries that I think we might have to do vote for two; don't you agree?
Sorry, I'm just excessive compulsive Tongue_out

I know I can't vote, but I will give a comment anyway:
Entry 1: Really nice, good lighting. I like the quality of the render and the backgroud, they both work well together
Entry 2: Quite basic, the render is not blended well enough and IMO the purple lightning looks bad in front of the render, it distracts you too much.
Entry 3: I know who's this is (just saying) just from looking at it. Nice blending and use of colours, it is just a bit light though
Entry 4: This is probably the one I would vote for if I was allowed. Nice and clear, I like the effect on the gun and it flows well.
Entry 5: Text is great, I like the background but I think the render if just a bit... off. the sleeve cuts out near the writing and that ruins it. But nice effects and obviously a lot of work went into it.
Entry 6: This one is quite simple, nice render and text but I hate how they put the render behind the effects, it totally ruins the flow of the sig. Remember, the render is the center of the sig, covering it up makes that effects the focus and that is a no-no.
Entry 7: I like the colour scheme, a consistent gold-ish tone. The lighting isn't great though, the light is shining, then shadow then light on the opposite side of the render's face? Nice text placement and effects though.
(Oct. 02, 2011  6:30 AM)SDamonCronous Wrote:
BeybladerPotter Wrote:Gee, there is soo much entries that we might have to do vote for two don't you think?
Just though I would correct some of that for you:
SDamonCronous Wrote:Gee, there are soo many entries that I think we might have to do vote for two; don't you agree?
Sorry, I'm just excessive compulsive Tongue_out

I know I can't vote, but I will give a comment anyway:
Entry 1: Really nice, good lighting. I like the quality of the render and the backgroud, they both work well together
Entry 2: Quite basic, the render is not blended well enough and IMO the purple lightning looks bad in front of the render, it distracts you too much.
Entry 3: I know who's this is (just saying) just from looking at it. Nice blending and use of colours, it is just a bit light though
Entry 4: This is probably the one I would vote for if I was allowed. Nice and clear, I like the effect on the gun and it flows well.
Entry 5: Text is great, I like the background but I think the render if just a bit... off. the sleeve cuts out near the writing and that ruins it. But nice effects and obviously a lot of work went into it.
Entry 6: This one is quite simple, nice render and text but I hate how they put the render behind the effects, it totally ruins the flow of the sig. Remember, the render is the center of the sig, covering it up makes that effects the focus and that is a no-no.
Entry 7: I like the colour scheme, a consistent gold-ish tone. The lighting isn't great though, the light is shining, then shadow then light on the opposite side of the render's face? Nice text placement and effects though.
PM me. Let's see if you really know. Thanks for all the the critiques. It'll help everyone. And you just CnC'd your own tag out of all of those. LOL.
I vote entry 4 and 5 they are graphically the best
4 is nicely put together.
5 would come next since i like the render and effects.

I would've voted 3 if it had not been so plain and distracting. ):
I vote for E4 and E7...E4 is great as others said I like the shine on E7
Cnc's
Entry 1: i like that person merged to stocks and put a rain affect so the mood was correct but it needs light and a bit more depth i like the text.
Entry 2: it is terrible its just a motion blur and some random old dude and lightning stocks
Entry 3: nice colors and BG i like the lighting but its a tad bit bright
Entry 4:nice lightsource and nice render and BG but the text is very bad
Entry 5: it is monotone and too saturated but other than that it is great Grin
Entry 6: it is terrible it is too plain and the smoky stuff is covering DTK i could do that in 20 seconds
Entry 7: has a low quality render and is monotone the text is bad and it is spammed with brushes
sorry if you find these offensive im to honest Joyful_3
I vote for entry 5 then 4. Entry 5 has a nice focal, nice light source and a decent flow. Also really feeling the green. I vote entry 4 after that 'coz I see it as the next best. I find most of the rest either too plain or just spammed with brushes.
I vote for entry 1, then entry 6. Both have fantastic use of brushes and catch my eye.
Score Check:
E.1: 2
E.2: 2
E.3: 0
E.4: 4
E.5: 3
E.6: 1
E.7: 1

correct me if i am wrong
Wait...I've received...vote[s]? I...actually got [s]on[/m]e? YAY!

OK, we need more people to vote. Is it a deadline vote or does someone need to reach a certain amount?
I know I can't vote, but here's my input anyway;

E1: Pretty good. The purple-ish tones make it feel somewhat like night. Lighting could have used some more work, and the brick doesn't really fit with the background. But good depth and colors.

E2: Floating head, oh noes D: The render should have been a bit smaller so it wouldn't be a floating head. Centered focal is bad for composition. No real flow or lightsource.

E3: Nice smudging piece. Maybe the render could have been moved to the left a bit? My personal favorite.

E4: Pretty good. Good depth. The effect is cool, but it should have glowed on the render more.

E5: Way too monotoned. Way too contrasted. No real flow, either. If that were fixed, it'd be a much better piece.

E6: Kid should be moved to the right a bit (not on the center, though) and move the text a little to the upper left, closer to Kid; it'd be better. His eyes should glow more, by soft brushing yellow and either lowering the opacity or setting it to overlay/Soft Light. Maybe even make it reflect on the gun by soft brushing more yellow on the gun, the side that faces the eyes. But very light, maybe 10-20% opacity.

E7: No real flow. The light in the render doesn't match the light source. The render should be moved to the right a bit. But, pretty good, I guess.
E4 I say.I love Crysis the game.The signature looks epic.
Vote for two.
I vote Entry 4, and Entry 5. I agree with Medz, when he said "I could feel the green" in Entry 5, and nice light source and render on Entry 4, like Xyo mentioned.
(Oct. 02, 2011  8:26 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Vote for two.

Because that didn't give away which entry you are. Haha, just kidding around.

Getting my carp handed to me. At least I got a vote (Or two-If I said how many votes I have that would give a way my entry L.L).