VANCOUVER BEYBLADE SUMMIT: June 13, 2009 - British Columbia, Canada

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

VANCOUVER BEYBLADE SUMMIT
JUNE 13, 2009 @ ANIME EVOLUTION
VANCOUVER TRADE & EXHIBITION CENTER
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA

http://www.animeevolution.com/?p=927

The Vancouver Beyblade Summit is the ultimate event for Beyblade fans on the west coast!

Hosted by the World Beyblade Organization (http://worldbeyblade.org), they’ll be doing giveaways and demos of the latest series, METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE!

Come learn the nuances and strategies of the modern version of Japan’s ancient game of skill.

Whether you’re a hardcore Beyblade fanatic or just someone who wants to know how a spinning top game could possibly have any strategy involved, be sure to stop by.

We’d love to meet you!

Entry Fee: To enter the convention, you must pay their entrance fee. Please see their site for details. Because it is at a paid convention, there is no fee to enter this tournament, even if you don't have a Blader Passport.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Don't worry too much, I recieved my MFB on Tue, so I don't have to eat away at your supplies. Will there be point counters there? My friend would be interested in getting(or probrably buying one) if he can cause he got the LDrago and I had the Storm Pegasus Starter so I got everything I need except for the launcher grip accessory. Tongue_out I showed a bunch of people my beyblade at the Gundam Building Contest and people were wondering about it. XD
Lookin forward to it tommorow man. Hopefully you'll have enough stuff. If not, DIBS! (hehehe totally called it)
Ill be the dude with the sad Kira costume. Smile
(Jun. 13, 2009  6:39 AM)yumigata Wrote: Don't worry too much, I recieved my MFB on Tue, so I don't have to eat away at your supplies. Will there be point counters there? My friend would be interested in getting(or probrably buying one) if he can cause he got the LDrago and I had the Storm Pegasus Starter so I got everything I need except for the launcher grip accessory. Tongue_out I showed a bunch of people my beyblade at the Gundam Building Contest and people were wondering about it. XD

Hey, awesome! Can't wait to see you there tomorrow. Yes, there will be point counters. I'm glad someone else there will know about MFB, perhaps you wouldn't mind discussing it with me. And we'll battle!
O, and I'm sure this has been asked before, but just making sure, we are NOT able to buy any MFB's at the event, right?
(Jun. 13, 2009  6:51 AM)Gavvy Wrote: O, and I'm sure this has been asked before, but just making sure, we are NOT able to buy any MFB's at the event, right?

I only have about five MFB and would really like to keep them for Bladers new to MFB. I'm doing my best with very limited supplies, so please try to understand me!
Ok, no problem there. Was just making sure. I too hope you have enough supplies considering (according the Wikipedia) last year they had an attendance of 4,400 people. Also, I also hope that it turns out well, so it'll happen again next year!
Was also wondering, if there's anyway there will be stadiums available for purchase or we can take em home after the event cause I've looked around everywhere and I can't find any. It's hard to try out beyblades without a proper stadium...I seriously hope that beyblade does come back and/or release the MFB in North America...No one that I know of imports Beyblade stuff anymore so they're practically nonexistant.
(Jun. 13, 2009  6:56 AM)Gavvy Wrote: Ok, no problem there. Was just making sure. I too hope you have enough supplies considering (according the Wikipedia) last year they had an attendance of 4,400 people. Also, I also hope that it turns out well, so it'll happen again next year!

Anime North had over 20 000. Grin So large amounts of people are not new to me. But I usually have a bit more to work with.

(Jun. 13, 2009  7:14 AM)yumigata Wrote: Was also wondering, if there's anyway there will be stadiums available for purchase or we can take em home after the event cause I've looked around everywhere and I can't find any. It's hard to try out beyblades without a proper stadium...I seriously hope that beyblade does come back and/or release the MFB in North America...No one that I know of imports Beyblade stuff anymore so they're practically nonexistant.

Unfortunately I have no stadiums to sell. However, Hasbro is bringing MFB back next year in Fall 2010 under the title Beyblade Metal Fusion. However, I'd like to start a Beyblade Club in Vancouver. If we do that, I can definitely start doing club orders and you would be free to put a stadium in there ...
really? If Hasbro is bringing it to North America, then I'm stoked. Too bad it's gonna be in the fall of 2010. Unhappy I was thinking of using a frying pan as an improvised beystadium, but teflon coating isn't the best surface. Is it ok to bring the older Beyblades? I love my combo of Metal Draciel Top, Left spin gear and Galeon Base combo. Tongue_out
I'm Brad's right hand man at these things, and it shouldn't be a problem since we will be having free play, regardless of the turnout.
Just remember, official Takara or Hasbro parts only!
Aww, darn. Only way i could of gotten alot of my beyblades were in shady chinese shops and our Night Markets, so I guess it's not ok to use but i can still bring it at least right? Even though it's not offcial, i doubt it will fall apart since I used a hot glue gun to make sure it doesn't get loose and fly apart in mid fight. I remember the clips coming off in mid battle sometimes...it was messy. XD
They are using the new MFB beyblades anyway, so you won't be able to use it (even if it was a plastics event).
(Jun. 13, 2009  7:28 AM)yumigata Wrote: Aww, darn. Only way i could of gotten alot of my beyblades were in shady chinese shops and our Night Markets, so I guess it's not ok to use but i can still bring it at least right? Even though it's not offcial, i doubt it will fall apart since I used a hot glue gun to make sure it doesn't get loose and fly apart in mid fight. I remember the clips coming off in mid battle sometimes...it was messy. XD

I would sincerely advise you to leave your counterfeits at home. A Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament would not tolerate counterfeit cards, and I will not allow anyone to use counterfeit parts on the event premises.
Oh, I didn't mean use at all. But it's ok, didn't want to carry so much anyways. But my MFB is real so that should be alright.
Haha, sounds a little familiar. Good luck Brad and Annie, have fun. Smile
Good luck guys Grin
Event went well! Expect a more detailed report from Brad when we get home tomorrow.
nice; good to hear things went smoothly.
Great to hear everything went well! And Brad was just about to cancel the event Tongue_out
Glad to hear it went well. Can't wait to hear the details. Smile
Hey everyone,

Yes, it went surprisingly well. Over the course of the day about fifty people stopped by. It was a very casual event with an unranked tournament and lots of free play. What was odd was that as I was discussing Beyblade, lots of people were there, and then left as the tournament was about to begin ...

About twelve people were interested in starting a BC Beyblade group, so I may have found a regular group to play with. Grin Woo.

I'll post a short video compilation soon!
Awesome. Glad you had fun. Looking forward to the video.
Hey that's great! I'm glad it went well Grin
BTW, consider this:

Anime North has 25000 attendees. BWR had about 40 participants.
Anime Evolution has about 5000 attendees. VBS had about 30 participants.

Lots of people showed interest ... lots of people wanted to buy Beyblade but I had little stock, so that was disappointing.