Under Appreciated Characters

(Feb. 08, 2021  6:39 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: I know that Shu is really popular, but some people don't like him. As long as that is, he is underrated.

Wait, really??
(Feb. 08, 2021  7:40 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  6:39 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: I know that Shu is really popular, but some people don't like him. As long as that is, he is underrated.

Wait, really??

BRUH! Shu is overrated! Only some ppl hate shu (cough Cough Free.. hoya) but most people like him
(Feb. 08, 2021  7:42 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  7:40 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Wait, really??

BRUH! Shu is overrated! Only some ppl hate shu (cough Cough Free.. hoya) but most people like him

Shu as underrated never crossed my mind.
(Feb. 08, 2021  7:42 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  7:42 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: BRUH! Shu is overrated! Only some ppl hate shu (cough Cough Free.. hoya) but most people like him

Shu as underrated never crossed my mind.

That's one of the most unreal things I've ever heard

@"Spin Stealing", Shu isn't underrated
(Feb. 08, 2021  7:45 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  7:42 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Shu as underrated never crossed my mind.

That's one of the most unreal things I've ever heard

Well I think that he is The blader. The ultimate blader. He's super cool. So I have no idea why ANYONE for ANY REASON would EVER in their LIVES not like Shu.
(Feb. 08, 2021  7:49 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  7:45 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: That's one of the most unreal things I've ever heard

Well I think that he is The blader. The ultimate blader. He's super cool. So I have no idea why ANYONE for ANY REASON would EVER in their LIVES not like Shu.

Cool, I don't like him.
(Feb. 08, 2021  7:49 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  7:45 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote: That's one of the most unreal things I've ever heard

I agree

Shu is my favorite burst character tied with Lui. Shu is The Ultimate Blader
Well actually my fav character is Lui but, yet again, tied with Shu

The only thing better than Lui is a pair of Shu's lol
Imo Blind is underrated. His bey was pretty great, and even ignoring Bahamut his character was pretty interesting. I hate it when people say he's weak because he technically never won, cause they seem to forget the only 2 people he battled were Drum and Delta. Not to mention he was part of the GT3, and 1 of 2 characters to achieve dark turbo.
The thread underrated characters and overrated characters already exists. No need for this thread

I don't want to be that guy but Shu isn't underrated. He literally is the most popular character in burst.
(Feb. 08, 2021  8:02 PM)Pixi Wrote:

I don't want to be that guy but Shu isn't underrated. He literally is the most popular character in burst.

Well it was kinda a joke but not completely; I was just saying that no one has any reason not to like him (At least not when he is controlled by a bey)
Well your speaking on behalf of everyone especially when I don't like shu all that much really.
(Feb. 08, 2021  8:43 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  8:02 PM)Pixi Wrote: I don't want to be that guy but Shu isn't underrated. He literally is the most popular character in burst.

Well it was kinda a joke but not completely; I was just saying that no one has any reason not to like him (At least not when he is controlled by a bey)

Well yes, Shu is a likeable character (when he's not Red Eye) but underrated? IMO, definitely not. That's like saying Kai from the original series was underrated, just because Kai's fans haven't been as active in the community as they used to be haha.

I like Shu, he's a good character but he's not perfect. For example, people could simply dislike the fact that Shu used to act rather cold to Valt on occasion in the first season, or could dislike him for other reasons that doesn't involve the character himself (e.g. he could be disliked for stealing the spotlight from other Legendary Bladers in Sparking).
(Feb. 08, 2021  9:02 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2021  8:43 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: Well it was kinda a joke but not completely; I was just saying that no one has any reason not to like him (At least not when he is controlled by a bey)

Well yes, Shu is a likeable character (when he's not Red Eye) but underrated? IMO, definitely not. That's like saying Kai from the original series was underrated, just because Kai's fans haven't been as active in the community as they used to be haha.

I like Shu, he's a good character but he's not perfect. For example, people could simply dislike the fact that Shu used to act rather cold to Valt on occasion in the first season, or could dislike him for other reasons that doesn't involve the character himself (e.g. he could be disliked for stealing the spotlight from other Legendary Bladers in Sparking).

You make a good point on that
(Jan. 05, 2021  8:23 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2021  6:19 PM)TakaraTheLord Wrote: Toko, Arthur, and Gwyn.

People love Gwyn (not me particularly) so I wouldn't say he's underrated. Toko and Arthur for sure. Which is sad because both of them had so much potential. Especially Arthur.
Blind, the writer made him lame as a GT3, HE had so much potential LIKE ARTHUR
Blind was underrated and unlucky at the same time.
(Feb. 12, 2021  12:56 PM)LegendaryKnight Wrote: Blind was underrated and unlucky at the same time.
I Agree with this statement, he has a very unique design aka not those generic spiky hair blader imo
(Feb. 12, 2021  12:56 PM)LegendaryKnight Wrote: Blind was underrated and unlucky at the same time.

Which is a shame, since I really liked his character and the concept of his Bey.
Blind was kind of like Kyle. He’s got that mysterious vibe to him.
Toko has a lot of potential.
(Feb. 12, 2021  5:34 PM)UnionDragon007 Wrote: Toko has a lot of potential.

HAD, before the writers decided he should be just another punching bag. At least he somehow won that battle royale. Definitely an underappreciated character.
In the Beyblade fanfiction community Im in (a surprisingly mature and thoughtful part), Norman Tarver was considered an underrated character. As such, many people I knew took it to their own hands to expand on his character, life, etc. The community kinda gave up waiting for Canon material on him so now theres more Fanon information than Canon info on him. Its pretty crazy and creative — I wished he could be featured more (I havent checked on Beyblade in awhile, but Im predicting that hes not coming back), but that would only mean wasted community work
(Mar. 13, 2021  10:21 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: In the Beyblade fanfiction community Im in (a surprisingly mature and thoughtful part), Norman Tarver was considered an underrated character. As such, many people I knew took it to their own hands to expand on his character, life, etc. The community kinda gave up waiting for Canon material on him so now theres more Fanon information than Canon info on him. Its pretty crazy and creative — I wished he could be featured more (I havent checked on Beyblade in awhile, but Im predicting that hes not coming back), but that would only mean wasted community work

Yup, I've seen a lot of different scenarios and takes on Norman's character on Wattpad and AO3 (some of which are specifically focused on his relationship with Gilten which I think could've been explored better in canon), and I have to admit I admire the creativity of most of them.
Tetsuya (crab man) doesn’t fall into this category. He was made to be hated.