[Unanswered]  what is LAD

people are talking about LAD parts and i am confused
(Jul. 27, 2019  9:45 PM)Foxblade Wrote: people are talking about LAD parts and i am confused

LAD (Life After Death) is the ability to spin on while dragging on the floor by minimizing friction or increasing its ability to stay upright. Some parts (Bearing) have better LAD than others (Edge).

This is often a consideration when choosing a disk frame, as the smooth edge of something like Cross is useful for minimizing friction and increasing the time before it starts to scrape with its compact shape more than something like Bump with its rougher edge, hence why Bump is used primarily on Attack type combos where LAD is less of a concern.
(Jul. 27, 2019  10:13 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2019  9:45 PM)Foxblade Wrote: people are talking about LAD parts and i am confused

LAD (Life After Death) is the ability to spin on while dragging on the floor by minimizing friction or increasing its ability to stay upright. Some parts (Bearing) have better LAD than others (Edge).

This is often a consideration when choosing a disk frame, as the smooth edge of something like Cross is useful for minimizing friction and increasing the time before it starts to scrape with its compact shape more than something like Bump with its rougher edge, hence why Bump is used primarily on Attack type combos where LAD is less of a concern.
ok so an example would be garuda 0 proof bearing? and thanks
Proof isn't great LAD. It's round, but angled kind of sharply, flat on the bottom. Cross, on the other hand, is angled quite well for LAD. Contoured.
(Jul. 28, 2019  12:11 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Proof isn't great LAD. It's round, but angled kind of sharply, flat on the bottom. Cross, on the other hand, is angled quite well for LAD. Contoured.

ok
Round surfaces, free spin parts, and POM is what makes a beyblade have good LAD.
(Jul. 29, 2019  9:17 PM)DuctTapeHero Wrote: Round surfaces, free spin parts, and POM is what makes a beyblade have good LAD.

Also OWD
(Jul. 29, 2019  9:22 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2019  9:17 PM)DuctTapeHero Wrote: Round surfaces, free spin parts, and POM is what makes a beyblade have good LAD.

Also OWD

Outer Weight Distribution adds stamina, but it does not translate into LAD necessarily.

Stamina is different from LAD.
(Jul. 30, 2019  5:24 AM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2019  9:22 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: Also OWD

Outer Weight Distribution adds stamina, but it does not translate into LAD necessarily.

Stamina is different from LAD.

I know, but while you are on the ground your stamina will increase the rotations while on the ground