[Unanswered]  is cleaning spray allowed

I know the rule is that no foreign substances on Beyblade but i know that mack the burst and others use it so is it legal or do you just use water and a cloth
This thread should be in Beyblade hobby Q&A
I'm not sure. If the cleaning solution leaves a thin film behind (like silicone spray) it should be illegal, but if it comes off completely it would technically be legal since you wont be able to prove they were used in the first place.

I usually clean parts by blowing a gust of air between the parts (you can use one of those things you squeeze to let out a gust air, usually found as a laptop cleaning tool)
If a cleaning method adds or subtracts any observable amount of material from a Beyblade piece's original form, then that part is made illegal under WBO guidelines. So long as your cleaning method avoids this, then the part will remain legal.
(Aug. 17, 2019  7:12 AM)Angry Face Wrote: If a cleaning method adds or subtracts any observable amount of material from a Beyblade piece's original form, then that part is made illegal under WBO guidelines. So long as your cleaning method avoids this, then the part will remain legal.
ty

(Aug. 16, 2019  2:24 AM)eigerblade Wrote: I'm not sure. If the cleaning solution leaves a thin film behind (like silicone spray) it should be illegal, but if it comes off completely it would technically be legal since you wont be able to prove they were used in the first place.

I usually clean parts by blowing a gust of air between the parts (you can use one of those things you squeeze to let out a gust air, usually found as a laptop cleaning tool)

can you link me to it and how good is it
(Aug. 17, 2019  7:12 AM)Angry Face Wrote: If a cleaning method adds or subtracts any observable amount of material from a Beyblade piece's original form, then that part is made illegal under WBO guidelines. So long as your cleaning method avoids this, then the part will remain legal.

Silicone spray/grease is probably the exception since it doesn't really add or subtract the original material/form of the piece, but definitely makes free-spinning parts move literally like freedom on steroids.

I tried alcohol on a Planet once, and it kinda had rusted areas, so I just rub it vigorously on a slightly rough cloth (which has a texture of a tennis ball skin) til it is squeaky clean. Another method I do is to use my fingernails to carefully carve off the accumulated grime/dirt off the parts.

One way to prevent excessive accumulation of dirt/grime is probably to clean the actual stadium completely before and after use.
(Aug. 18, 2019  1:20 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:

Silicone spray/grease is probably the exception since it doesn't really add or subtract the original material/form of the piece, but definitely makes free-spinning parts move literally like freedom on steroids.

I tried alcohol on a Planet once, and it kinda had rusted areas, so I just rub it vigorously on a slightly rough cloth (which has a texture of a tennis ball skin) til it is squeaky clean. Another method I do is to use my fingernails to carefully carve off the accumulated grime/dirt off the parts.

One way to prevent excessive accumulation of dirt/grime is probably to clean the actual stadium completely before and after use.

I feel like a dummy a piece of plastic was sticking and got stuck I got it out though about a dot of plastic was remove is that ok
(Aug. 18, 2019  2:12 AM)Ravinchen Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2019  1:20 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Silicone spray/grease is probably the exception since it doesn't really add or subtract the original material/form of the piece, but definitely makes free-spinning parts move literally like freedom on steroids.

I feel like a dummy a piece of plastic was sticking and got stuck I got it out though about a dot of plastic was remove is that ok

How did you get it out though? Cuz if you left a gouge on it, idk, it may be illegal if an inspector was able to easily see that. On the other hand, if it doesn't affect your part's performance greatly, then I think you'd be safe enough
(Aug. 18, 2019  2:16 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2019  2:12 AM)Ravinchen Wrote: I feel like a dummy a piece of plastic was sticking and got stuck I got it out though about a dot of plastic was remove is that ok

How did you get it out though? Cuz if you left a gouge on it, idk, it may be illegal if an inspector was able to easily see that. On the other hand, if it doesn't affect your part's performance greatly, then I think you'd be safe enough

you can't see it at all it was a piece like a point it's hard to explain but the part was stopping the ball on atomic from doing a 360-degree turn  so all I did was use my fingernail and got it out no cleaning spray is need then XD
(Aug. 18, 2019  2:20 AM)Ravinchen Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2019  2:16 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: How did you get it out though? Cuz if you left a gouge on it, idk, it may be illegal if an inspector was able to easily see that. On the other hand, if it doesn't affect your part's performance greatly, then I think you'd be safe enough

you can't see it at all it was a piece like a point it's hard to explain but the part was stopping the ball on atomic from doing a 360-degree turn  so all I did was use my fingernail and got it out no cleaning spray is need then XD

I see, you're probably referring to the seamline or nub where there was excess plastic that stopped the ball from being free-spinning. I think it should still be in the clear since you didn't sand or cut it off. What I did with mine was to roll it on my clean palm until the nub is pushed off by the rest of the plastic pieces.
(Aug. 18, 2019  2:50 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2019  2:20 AM)Ravinchen Wrote: you can't see it at all it was a piece like a point it's hard to explain but the part was stopping the ball on atomic from doing a 360-degree turn  so all I did was use my fingernail and got it out no cleaning spray is need then XD

I see, you're probably referring to the seamline or nub where there was excess plastic that stopped the ball from being free-spinning. I think it should still be in the clear since you didn't sand or cut it off. What I did with mine was to roll it on my clean palm until the nub is pushed off by the rest of the plastic pieces.

eeeeeeeee oh no I sanded it a little it's barely noticeable though is that ok ??? and I made sure I didn't damage the shape

rip REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
(Aug. 18, 2019  2:52 AM)Ravinchen Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2019  2:50 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I see, you're probably referring to the seamline or nub where there was excess plastic that stopped the ball from being free-spinning. I think it should still be in the clear since you didn't sand or cut it off. What I did with mine was to roll it on my clean palm until the nub is pushed off by the rest of the plastic pieces.

eeeeeeeee oh no I sanded it a little it's barely noticeable though is that ok ??? and I made sure I didn't damage the shape

rip REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well, continuous usage is bound to cover it up with scuff marks, so I think you'd be able to get away with it (as long as you didn't make the ball suspiciously smooth as compared to a fresh copy)
(Aug. 18, 2019  3:06 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2019  2:52 AM)Ravinchen Wrote: eeeeeeeee oh no I sanded it a little it's barely noticeable though is that ok ??? and I made sure I didn't damage the shape

Well, continuous usage is bound to cover it up with scuff marks, so I think you'd be able to get away with it (as long as you didn't make the ball suspiciously smooth as compared to a fresh copy)
time to hit the grind see ya tomorrow after I launch 100 times XD
(Aug. 18, 2019  1:20 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Silicone spray/grease is probably the exception since it doesn't really add or subtract the original material/form of the piece, but definitely makes free-spinning parts move literally like freedom on steroids.

I use Silicone spray on my launchers. Most silicone spray products leave behind a thin, slick film, so I'm sure its not legal. 

That thin, low friction coating is what makes free spinning parts move like crazy. I assure you plastic to plastic friction will never be able to spin as freely as something treated with silicone spray.
(Aug. 19, 2019  7:17 AM)eigerblade Wrote:

I use Silicone spray on my launchers. Most silicone spray products leave behind a thin, slick film, so I'm sure its not legal. 

That thin, low friction coating is what makes free spinning parts move like crazy. I assure you plastic to plastic friction will never be able to spin as freely as something treated with silicone spray.
don't think that's allowed because that's changing the original state i.e adding foreign substances it's adding a layer of low friction if it's adding something then it counts tho if you make sure nothing is on but it makes them free spin more it's fine
(Aug. 19, 2019  11:52 AM)Ravinchen Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2019  7:17 AM)eigerblade Wrote: I use Silicone spray on my launchers. Most silicone spray products leave behind a thin, slick film, so I'm sure its not legal. 

don't think that's allowed because that's changing the original state i.e adding foreign substances it's adding a layer of low friction if it's adding something then it counts tho if you make sure nothing is on but it makes them free spin more it's fine

Yes, that is why I replied to Rouzuke. I know that it probably makes my launcher illegal as well, but that launcher is used for tests at home, and I need it to last as long as possible.
(Aug. 19, 2019  12:20 PM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2019  11:52 AM)Ravinchen Wrote: don't think that's allowed because that's changing the original state i.e adding foreign substances it's adding a layer of low friction if it's adding something then it counts tho if you make sure nothing is on but it makes them free spin more it's fine

Yes, that is why I replied to Rouzuke. I know that it probably makes my launcher illegal as well, but that launcher is used for tests at home, and I need it to last as long as possible.

oh ok