[Unanswered]  awakened variable

are you allowed to use it

in tournanments
I think so
YES ( since a variable is a variable )
I don’t think you can because if a driver has been worn down enough to affect performance it isn’t allowed in tournaments.
I’m not sure so I’m going to read the rules again
(Jun. 23, 2018  5:34 PM)BeybladerBraden Wrote: I don’t think you can because if a driver has been worn down enough to affect performance it isn’t allowed in tournaments.
I’m not sure so I’m going to read the rules again

I'm not sure what the rule states but considering this is the entire point of Variable, I don't see why it shouldn't be legal.
I think you can put a worn out driver in a tournament along as you don't change its type for example shaving jagged into a stamina  driver. Also I'm  pretty sure no mods on the tip can be put on or added  or your automatically kicked out of a tournament
The only thing the rules states on worn Drivers is if they are excessively worn down, which to me means if Variable is worn down to the plastic base.
Still seems unanswered, Probably Kei hasn’t seen this one.
Your not allowed to use a worn Variable once it's performance dramatically changes due to excessive usage.
Legal until a certain point because if its worn down like in the anime it can be used but if its just plastic or barely any rubber it can't be used.
I'm fairly sure I read a response on this recently.

Variable worn is legal as long as there is still rubber on the bottom. A fully worn variable performs substantially worse than extreme or accell. Once there is plastic showing thru the rubber I believe it would be against the rules.
Yeah it's legal. I've seen people using a purposely worn Variable(Not to the base) in tourneys.
For someone looking to this...

Per WBO guidelines:

LEGAL:

- The Driver is brand new.
- The tip of the Driver is worn but still remains the primary point of contact with the stadium floor, including to the point of changes in performance.

ILLEGAL:

- The tip has been worn down to the point that other structural parts of the Driver become the primary point of contact (ex. If the rubber on Jolt wears down completely and is parallel with the plastic casing surrounding it) or if structural parts such as screws are exposed.

- Tips which have obviously been damaged or intentionally worn down to affect shape or performance through methods other than repeated launching in a Beyblade stadium (ex. sanding down a pointed tip to a flat surface or launching a Beyblade on concrete).