[Unanswered]  What happened to forge disk testing?

So I know that pretty much all the cho-z disks have been extremely light and pretty much useless, but even before that, it seems like people stopped testing disks somewhere in the dual-layer series. 

I see that we accept as common knowledge that 7 is the best overall disk, with a great balance of weight, burst resistance, and owd, 4/5 are good for owd without risking bursts, and 0 is solid for its weight but lacks owd.

But I haven't seen any testing threads backing these assumptions up, only tournaments reports where 7 is used mostly as a safety pick until deck format.

The main reasons I'm bringing this up is because I took a closer look at 0 and 7, noticed that 0 appears to have the same/slightly better owd than seven (it has the same width while being slightly more hollow on the inner rim and filled in on the outer rim,) sat down and did five rounds of solo spin tests of both disks with hS._.Br, and got hS.0.Br to spin an average of 10~ seconds longer than hS.7.Br, directly contradicting what I've been generally accepting. It could be a fluke, but considering 0 is supposed to have roughly the stamina of 2, it was a little surprising to see it outperform 7 by that margin.

Anyway, I know that disks/frames are the simplest and least flashy part of the burst beyblade, but I think this sorta he-said she-said approach we've been taking towards them is restricting our knowledge as a community? Idk this wasn't supposed to be a rant but I guess that's what I do here lmao
I’ll do those when I get the parts ? right now I’ve only got 6M and 12 ??
Nice thinking.

I've done some free spinning tests too.

gK.7.G.O
1.29  1.15  1.44  1.30  1.39  1.35  1.36  1.40  1.35  1.41  (Avg. 1.33)

gK.0.G.O
1.25  1.29  1.15  1.25  1.16  1.25  1.29  1.02  1.19  1.08  (Avg. 1.19)

Long winder, normal not-launcher-breaking launches.

Repeated 7 once, after finished with 0 (to check that I did not get tired lol) and hit 1.46.

So, my tests fit to generally accepted opinion :/
Maybe my 7 just has worse balance with the combo than 0? Idk I'm gonna re-do my tests with more rounds when I get the chance
(Jun. 27, 2018  12:02 AM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: Maybe my 7 just has worse balance with the combo than 0? Idk I'm gonna re-do my tests with more rounds when I get the chance
Can u test 8 as well it seems to have more owd than 7 and 0
Edit u might wanna check this thread out too 
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hasbro-...pid1444523