[Unanswered]  [Takara Tomy] Un - Universe driver thoughts

I have opened up RB vol.20 and am trying to make head or tails of Universe.  It looks cool and I'd like to make it work!  Having dual spinning parts grants good stamina and built in LAD, but the big ball makes self-outs a given unless you manage to make early contact with your opponent or the wall several times.  After one night, the edge tips of my red Curse layer are white from spinning out in the pocket constantly while testing it.  Additionally, it likes to take a few laps around (or on top) of the ridge before settling in and with it's slick surface is also a pretty easy KO target for attackers early in the fight.

FWIW, my current combo is CHy.Wh.Un.1D (edit:not 1B - thanks Rouzuke) which competes well when it locks into a fight early against a variety of my best builds and is a strong bey - but has serious control issues.  Any launch angle I've tried will lead to a self-KO unless I bleed off a significant amount of launch power, which doesn't help it win.  

My question is: Can the Universe be saved or is it doomed to disappear into a black hole?
(May. 05, 2020  8:23 PM)RustyWheelz Wrote: I have opened up RB vol.20 and am trying to make head or tails of Universe.  It looks cool and I'd like to make it work!  Having dual spinning parts grants good stamina and built in LAD, but the big ball makes self-outs a given unless you manage to make early contact with your opponent or the wall several times.  After one night, the edge tips of my red Curse layer are white from spinning out in the pocket constantly while testing it.  Additionally, it likes to take a few laps around (or on top) of the ridge before settling in and with it's slick surface is also a pretty easy KO target for attackers early in the fight.

FWIW, my current combo is CHy.Wh.Un.1B, which competes well when it locks into a fight early against a variety of my best builds and is a strong bey - but has serious control issues.  Any launch angle I've tried will lead to a self-KO unless I bleed off a significant amount of launch power, which doesn't help it win.  

My question is: Can the Universe be saved or is it doomed to disappear into a black hole?

Uh, 1B is a Dual Chassis hence it won't be compatible with a Disk. Did you mean 1D (which is a Single Chassis)?

From my own preliminary testings, it seemed that Un does have the tendency to self-KO unless already being able to have contact against a Bey or the walls for rebounding. Another thing I noticed is that the violet color has tighter dome tip spin than the yellow one (and the free-spinning ring also spins less smoothly).

Best I can see for Un's use is for opposite spin, though Atomic, Bearing, Destroy, and Xt+ have already cemented their posts onto the LAD scene, so Universe will probably remain a tier below them in any match-up. I found some use with Armored Regalia Genesis.00Cross.Universe and King Helios.10Star.Universe 1D but they aren't exactly meta/top-tier combos against existing meta combos.
Oops, you're correct, 1D (slight digression - such a light part, but I've got my 1S's tied up in Ragnaruks at the moment. I wonder if 1D will stick around as an important part of many builds or if 1S will simply bury it. The teeth seem the same on both.)

Interesting the difference between your two copies. Our Curse Satan remains in the box until my son has shown good discipline in completing his schoolwork from home this week, I'll compare the yellow and purple Un then (if he's upheld his part of the bargain!).

I've also noted is that the main contact area of the bottom of the ball has quickly become rough and 'fogged' due to the amount of trace scratches, even after 1 day of heavy use. It may simply be that the surface area is larger than many pointier drivers making it more noticeable, but I wonder how over time this may 'evolve' the performance.

Thanks for the build ideas as well. Admittedly, I'm not up on the bleeding edge of competition level builds, but my boys and I enjoy discovering new 'kings of the hill' in our family battles. We've never really found a way to unlock Genesis potential, so maybe these two parts will elevate each other. Will be fun to test.
(May. 05, 2020  10:45 PM)RustyWheelz Wrote: Oops, you're correct, 1D (slight digression - such a light part, but I've got my 1S's tied up in Ragnaruks at the moment.  I wonder if 1D will stick around as an important part of many builds or if 1S will simply bury it.  The teeth seem the same on both.)

Interesting the difference between your two copies.  Our Curse Satan remains in the box until my son has shown good discipline in completing his schoolwork from home this week, I'll compare the yellow and purple Un then (if he's upheld his part of the bargain!).  

I've also noted is that the main contact area of the bottom of the ball has quickly become rough and 'fogged' due to the amount of trace scratches, even after 1 day of heavy use.  It may simply be that the surface area is larger than many pointier drivers making it more noticeable, but I wonder how over time this may 'evolve' the performance.

Thanks for the build ideas as well.  Admittedly, I'm not up on the bleeding edge of competition level builds, but my boys and I enjoy discovering new 'kings of the hill' in our family battles.   We've never really found a way to unlock Genesis potential, so maybe these two parts will elevate each other.  Will be fun to test.

I assume you are using a Takara Tomy standard Beystadium for your family battles, and it is quite nice to know that you are a fellow parent (I'm a new one tho, 5 month old baby daughter whom I hope to grow up loving or at least respecting my hobbies). 

Big Bang Genesis for me works better as a tanky attacker without the Armor, as it exposes the upper attack contact points better. But that is a discussion for another day.

I also noticed the fogginess of the dome part on the purple Universe Driver, and I would assume that that area or shaft of the part *might* provide better performance upon further use (similar to Volcanic awakening where the shaft gets worn down to the point that it becomes so smooth it practically can outspin combos on Bearing).
Nice, congrats on your new addition (not just Universe Grin). My sons are 9 & 6. The 9 y.o. is avidly into and understands all the technical considerations, so it's a lot of fun. He is very loyal to his favorites, believing if he believes enough in a bey, he can get the most out of it. He gets some crazy wins through sheer tenacity which is always an exciting moment. We are using the TT standard beystadium.

Maybe he gets it from me. I kept working on Universe this evening and after rotating around a few beys, it ended up the same as the evening started on CHy.Wh.Un.1D. I have found that if I exaggerate the forward tilt on launch to the point I am nearly scraping Wh, then I can get full power and hang on to it long enough for contact to occur. This seems to have mitigated a good amount of the self-KO's, but it would always be a danger with this build. So the question is why bother?

It took on a number of our best combos both offense and defense and fared respectably across the board (including tights sets against JD.St.Qc'.Metsu and NS.Pr.At.Zan). Once we open up CSt, I'll try mirroring the build and swapping Un for Ex+ and see how that goes.

In summary, so far it shows whisper finish LAD and in this current build has burst only once (to BVl.Xc.2A) in about 70 battles so far. It seems promising overall as a fun-to-play Defender with a caveat on control and early KO's from the ridge. I'll tune it tomorrow and see if I can squeeze some more out of it yet.
(May. 06, 2020  10:04 AM)RustyWheelz Wrote: Nice, congrats on your new addition (not just Universe Grin).  My sons are 9 & 6.  The 9 y.o. is avidly into and understands all the technical considerations, so it's a lot of fun.  He is very loyal to his favorites, believing if he believes enough in a bey, he can get the most out of it.  He gets some crazy wins through sheer tenacity which is always an exciting moment.  We are using the TT standard beystadium.

Maybe he gets it from me.  I kept working on Universe this evening and after rotating around a few beys, it ended up the same as the evening started on CHy.Wh.Un.1D.  I have found that if I exaggerate the forward tilt on launch to the point I am nearly scraping Wh, then I can get full power and hang on to it long enough for contact to occur.  This seems to have mitigated a good amount of the self-KO's, but it would always be a danger with this build.  So the question is why bother?

It took on a number of our best combos both offense and defense and fared respectably across the board (including tights sets against JD.St.Qc'.Metsu and NS.Pr.At.Zan).  Once we open up CSt, I'll try mirroring the build and swapping Un for Ex+ and see how that goes.

In summary, so far it shows whisper finish LAD and in this current build has burst only once (to BVl.Xc.2A) in about 70 battles so far.  It seems promising overall as a fun-to-play Defender with a caveat on control and early KO's from the ridge.  I'll tune it tomorrow and see if I can squeeze some more out of it yet.

Hmm nice testings on that new part. For me BVl 2A worked superbly with an awakened Vl', able to topple even those combos with meta worth. 

I did try using Xt+ with CSt (with 1S, Outer/00C), but it just doesn't seem to have enough stamina to sustain and pull through rounds especially when going against same spin. On opposite spin it barely held a candle against Bearing and fellow Xt+ combos primarily cuz the Curse Ring isn't as LAD-rich as I'd assume it to be (due to more contact points meant it would be closer to a circle, and that the rollers are secured only by metal rivets), but the Burst resistance is still surprisingly good especially when going against Dash Driver combos.
(May. 06, 2020  1:50 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: Hmm nice testings on that new part. For me BVl 2A worked superbly with an awakened Vl', able to topple even those combos with meta worth. 

I did try using Xt+ with CSt (with 1S, Outer/00C), but it just doesn't seem to have enough stamina to sustain and pull through rounds especially when going against same spin. On opposite spin it barely held a candle against Bearing and fellow Xt+ combos primarily cuz the Curse Ring isn't as LAD-rich as I'd assume it to be (due to more contact points meant it would be closer to a circle, and that the rollers are secured only by metal rivets), but the Burst resistance is still surprisingly good especially when going against Dash Driver combos.

Thanks. In retrospect, I realize that if a part is fun to play, I am willing to work to find ways to make it viable. It's sort of the opposite to something like Archer Hercules (on Et) where you just pull and wait (That's still a good bey for my youngest though as launch style isn't as important).

We have a Vl', but it's still pretty fresh and low on stamina. Maybe we'll get it into our regular rotation and break it in. My son went on a great run using BVl on Xc, wiping out a lot of my go-to's causing me to finally let go of a sentimental favorite in JP.St.Kp'.Metsu. BVl burst it twice, so I turned it into JD.St.Qc'.Metsu and will look for revenge soon. I really think he got into the zone with Brave and was launching perfectly, but it made a compelling case for the combo with Xc. Maybe the best thing to come out of that was finding BVl's natural burst resistance. We haven't burst it yet, even with non-dash Xc against Judgment.

Interesting to hear of your experience with Curse on Ex+. I'm missing a few meta parts, Bearing included, so I may be seeing things a little more positively around Universe for the time being, but it absolutely grants Curse with LAD. I couldn't bring myself to buy the limited release of UD for bearing. I didn't need any of the other parts. I'll probably wait and see what's in RB Vol.21 and see if it shows up there, or just bite the bullet and buy one from ebay.
(May. 06, 2020  7:11 PM)RustyWheelz Wrote:
(May. 06, 2020  1:50 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: Hmm nice testings on that new part. For me BVl 2A worked superbly with an awakened Vl', able to topple even those combos with meta worth. 

Thanks.  In retrospect, I realize that if a part is fun to play, I am willing to work to find ways to make it viable.  It's sort of the opposite to something like Archer Hercules (on Et) where you just pull and wait (That's still a good bey for my youngest though as launch style isn't as important).

We have a Vl', but it's still pretty fresh and low on stamina.  Maybe we'll get it into our regular rotation and break it in.  My son went on a great run using BVl on Xc, wiping out a lot of my go-to's causing me to finally let go of a sentimental favorite in JP.St.Kp'.Metsu.  BVl burst it twice, so I turned it into JD.St.Qc'.Metsu and will look for revenge soon.  I really think he got into the zone with Brave and was launching perfectly, but it made a compelling case for the combo with Xc.  Maybe the best thing to come out of that was finding BVl's natural burst resistance.  We haven't burst it yet, even with non-dash Xc against Judgment.

Interesting to hear of your experience with Curse on Ex+.  I'm missing a few meta parts, Bearing included, so I may be seeing things a little more positively around Universe for the time being, but it absolutely grants Curse with LAD.  I couldn't bring myself to buy the limited release of UD for bearing.  I didn't need any of the other parts.  I'll probably wait and see what's in RB Vol.21 and see if it shows up there, or just bite the bullet and buy one from ebay.

I see where you're going with finding ways to make a fun part viable. To be honest, I don't think you'll be able to get Bearing aside from God Customize Set, GT Triple Booster Set, or the WBBA UD exclusive (which has 00 and Diabolos which are essential meta parts at least for GT Beys).

A friendly tip is to try and use Blitz or a purple 0 Disk (from WBBA Shadow Amaterios release) with Judgment to get the best out of the Base (ofc a fresh copy would yield better results, at least for Burst resistance), along with a Dash Driver and possibly Ashura Chip and Goku/Zan/Metsu if not using Diabolos. I had JD.Bl.Octa (using the 1st version of Diabolos, so I'm kinda wondering if you're using the Diabolos2 from Master Diabolos Starter release with your JD.St.Qc' Metsu combo). Interesting combo of BVl.Xc 2A not Bursting; I guess having someone to play with is vastly different from play-testing alone.

Anyways, it is amazing that your sons were able to participate in this hobby and I do hope my only daughter would also grow to love what I love (or at least respect them).

Back on topic, hopefully you'd be able to get more out of Universe Driver in your current setups, and maybe you can share more of your test results as well as other observations aside from what has already been touched up on your thread.
I finally got hold of my Universe and have had a good time with it. It could definitely stand to have a little more burst resistance, at the end of the day that's what may make the driver less than impressive. I use the yellow one and it's without a doubt superior to the purple one received in the same box set. Build quality varies hard on this piece, as noted in a different thread as well. On side note, the black Curse layer I received also has better free-spinning wheels than the red Curse layer, so it's likely that this entire set is slightly riddled with build quality issues.

As for Universe though, I like how it handles. It doesn't self KO but it does take to the rim quick as if it wants to. The combo used in my testing was Lord Hydra 00/10 Cross Universe all colored yellow and gold. It did well when it came to handling and even better with its spin time, but the bursting was there. This is a fresh Lord layer as well, probably less than 30 games played total in right spin. I know Hydra, while ok, is nothing compared to Spriggan, but I wanted to test more than the merits of the driver's ability to spin, I wanted to see how it might survive in general. Overall, it sort of doesn't, solely because of the bursting. It was definitely marginally improved with 10cross over 00cross, but still has the same issues if it were to compete against an attack type. In opposite spin the driver was dominant. I wish I could remember the opponents he went against specifically but I was playing well into 4AM, about 8 hours of straight Beyblading, can't help but start getting tired. He won the opposite matches though.
(May. 07, 2020  7:03 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: I finally got hold of my Universe and have had a good time with it. It could definitely stand to have a little more burst resistance, at the end of the day that's what may make the driver less than impressive. I use the yellow one and it's without a doubt superior to the purple one received in the same box set. Build quality varies hard on this piece, as noted in a different thread as well. On side note, the black Curse layer I received also has better free-spinning wheels than the red Curse layer, so it's likely that this entire set is slightly riddled with build quality issues.

As for Universe though, I like how it handles. It doesn't self KO but it does take to the rim quick as if it wants to. The combo used in my testing was Lord Hydra 00/10 Cross Universe all colored yellow and gold. It did well when it came to handling and even better with its spin time, but the bursting was there. This is a fresh Lord layer as well, probably less than 30 games played total in right spin. I know Hydra, while ok, is nothing compared to Spriggan, but I wanted to test more than the merits of the driver's ability to spin, I wanted to see how it might survive in general. Overall, it sort of doesn't, solely because of the bursting. It was definitely marginally improved with 10cross over 00cross, but still has the same issues if it were to compete against an attack type. In opposite spin the driver was dominant. I wish I could remember the opponents he went against specifically but I was playing well into 4AM, about 8 hours of straight Beyblading, can't help but start getting tired. He won the opposite matches though.

That's what I have also noticed on my play-tests, that Universe is basically a slight downgrade from Atomic/Orbit/Orbit Metal (in the Defense type sense) as it functions best against opposite spin simply because of its free-spinning capabilities allowing good LAD. The dome tip itself could've been a POM/plastic hybrid so as to mitigate self-KO, but it is what it is, what TT designs is what we get.

Good to know I'm not the only one with mold variations on their Universe and Curse parts. Quality control isn't exactly Takara Tomy's forte, from experience, which I guess makes for unexpected and fair play (plus they make Bladers buy more in the effort to get the best parts in their best condition/mold). I used the yellow Universe with my Armored Regalia Genesis, while the violet one is with my King Helios. I pitted them against each other, and regardless of which was launched first, they generally have a tie spin finish. Universe makes Genesis feel like it is on Variable, with more LAD and stamina yet higher self-KO risk, while Helios being weak launched on Universe is basically like a Fafnir without rubber on Bearing/Atomic.
Ideally I would have played Universe on Regalia Genesis but my Regalia broke last week, no longer able to hold together even after the smallest hits. Once I started seeing the patterns of it bursting the first thing I thought of was throwing it on an infinite lock layer, and Regalia would have been the clear winner just because of the colors blending together well enough with the yellow Universe. I'm glad to hear it's not a losing combination of parts.
(May. 07, 2020  3:21 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: I see where you're going with finding ways to make a fun part viable. To be honest, I don't think you'll be able to get Bearing aside from God Customize Set, GT Triple Booster Set, or the WBBA UD exclusive (which has 00 and Diabolos which are essential meta parts at least for GT Beys).

A friendly tip is to try and use Blitz or a purple 0 Disk (from WBBA Shadow Amaterios release) with Judgment to get the best out of the Base (ofc a fresh copy would yield better results, at least for Burst resistance), along with a Dash Driver and possibly Ashura Chip and Goku/Zan/Metsu if not using Diabolos. I had JD.Bl.Octa (using the 1st version of Diabolos, so I'm kinda wondering if you're using the Diabolos2 from Master Diabolos Starter release with your JD.St.Qc' Metsu combo). Interesting combo of BVl.Xc 2A not Bursting; I guess having someone to play with is vastly different from play-testing alone.

Anyways, it is amazing that your sons were able to participate in this hobby and I do hope my only daughter would also grow to love what I love (or at least respect them).

Back on topic, hopefully you'd be able to get more out of Universe Driver in your current setups, and maybe you can share more of your test results as well as other observations aside from what has already been touched up on your thread.

Hey, thanks for the tips. Yes, using Diabolos 1. It would be nice to get a second one, but not essential for our home battles, so I'll just wait for Br to show up in a future RB set I think. I tuned CHy.Wh.Un.1D and noticed a spin time increase from 1:26 with my generic start point to 1:37 on average, but it looks about the same in movement. I have found now in controlling my launch carefully I have gained much more confidence to keep it in the arena which is nice as well. Again, I haven't tested Bearing, but in our home meta, this is a good part!

(May. 07, 2020  7:03 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: I finally got hold of my Universe and have had a good time with it. It could definitely stand to have a little more burst resistance, at the end of the day that's what may make the driver less than impressive. I use the yellow one and it's without a doubt superior to the purple one received in the same box set. Build quality varies hard on this piece, as noted in a different thread as well. On side note, the black Curse layer I received also has better free-spinning wheels than the red Curse layer, so it's likely that this entire set is slightly riddled with build quality issues.

I agree on the fun of it. It needs some practice to launch consistently with power in my use, which is rewarding to finally get in control. I'm curious if your copy or combo mitigate the self KO potential. For me in my current combo - CHy.Wh.Un.1D, it's a steep nose down, stationary (drop) launch only. Launched this way and left to it own devices, it quite reliably spins in place for a few seconds, does some casual flower patterning evening out toward the ridge before spiraling inwards and finally settling in for a long center spin. Against opposite spin it's proven less of an issue as full power is not required.

I'd be curious if using a 1D with Un if you find the bursting still an issue? I had noted in my OP this combo's notable resistance to burst and that has held true since against everything I've thrown at it so far. I get a click occasionally, but I've yet still only burst it once. I wonder if this is 1D's secret power over 1S and it's better weight.
I think it's likely the copies of Universe I got were just half decent builds, even if the purple one is clearly worse. Neither of them have self-KO'd, but like I said, they rush to the rim and ride it frighteningly hard when pulled with strength. It teases the loss but then eventually goes back to the center. For the sake of testing, tomorrow when I play with friends I'll try Universe out on 1D to see if something can withstand bursting relatively decently.

I want to add though, I think 1S is fairly decent at burst resistance. I play Glide Ragnarok 1S 0Cross Bearing and it's the first time I had a right spinning Bearing combo survive against another right spinning opponent without being on an infinite lock. Archer Hercules is decent when it comes to burst resistance but he goes to shreds if he's on Bearing and runs into a right spinner. Glide with 1S survived and won via out-spinning the opposition. I do think 1D might be even better though, as Atomic holds extremely well on my Curse Hyperion 1D 10 Proof Atomic.
It reminds me a lot of D125.
(May. 07, 2020  3:21 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: ...

Thanks, yeah, it's really nice to be buddies with them in this. They brought me to this hobby, but I took it to foolish levels...

Okay, I liked this and wanted to share. I'd mentioned previously having tuned CHy.Wh.Un.1D, getting it to spin to a max of 1:42 (averaging 1:37). I'd avoided trying 1S due to how easily Ragnaruk seemed to burst stock, but curiosity lead me on. Comparing how the plastic bars on the underside of the chip rest against the teeth, it's pretty negligible if there is much difference between Rg and Hy on 1D and 1S. Hy might sit a hair lower? At any rate, the teeth were nicely exposed, sitting slightly taller than the plastic of the chip which encouraged me to add the weight from 1S for a test. Combo weight is sitting at 68g(!) even.

Initial spins with CHy.Wh.Un.1S yielded 1:47, an improvement. I was excited enough by that to test some battles. BVl.Ev'.2A was first up (side story: a couple of Ev' long rubber teeth had broken away from all the attention it's gotten so far - forced evolution if you will, but the performance was decreased. I exacto'd off the remaining tall teeth, fully exposing the short teeth to even wear and THAT was an eye-opener. It was like a different driver - fast. Harder to control than new, but very exciting). It didn't burst CHy on 1S after 10 closely contested battles. Next was JD.Bl.Qc' (I see before I'd mistakenly mentioned Metsu in a similar JD combo - a remnant of my previous JP build with Metsu - of course, there is no layer weight in this combo) and again, no bursts on CHy. Finally stock Imperial Dragon with the motor off - more tight contests and again, no bursts. I'm satisfied for now that 1S isn't the sole cause of stock GRg bursting issues. Maybe the length of the plastic on the chips really isn't equal?

Now for perhaps the best part of this - I tuned the new build and in the end, simply turning the chassis around, leaving Wh and the driver in their previous tuned configuration it hit 2:14. Subsequent spins logged slightly less until I recalled it seems to be important to scrape the crud that gathers on the bottom off Un after each battle. Doing so restored it back to 2:11. Only Perfect Pheonix.10.At has spun longer from our collection. With the weight and stamina this thing has, as it gets to it's slow rotation, but being well-balanced, it starts to look like a weeble-wobble that won't fall down.

Out of curiosity, if you built the same combo using Br instead of Un, how long would it spin? If bearing can beat this, I'll order one from eBay.
(May. 08, 2020  7:40 AM)RustyWheelz Wrote:
(May. 07, 2020  3:21 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: ...

Thanks, yeah, it's really nice to be buddies with them in this.  They brought me to this hobby, but I took it to foolish levels...

Okay, I liked this and wanted to share.  I'd mentioned previously having tuned CHy.Wh.Un.1D, getting it to spin to a max of 1:42 (averaging 1:37).  I'd avoided trying 1S due to how easily Ragnaruk seemed to burst stock, but curiosity lead me on.  Comparing how the plastic bars on the underside of the chip rest against the teeth, it's pretty negligible if there is much difference between Rg and Hy on 1D and 1S.  Hy might sit a hair lower?  At any rate, the teeth were nicely exposed, sitting slightly taller than the plastic of the chip which encouraged me to add the weight from 1S for a test.  Combo weight is sitting at 68g(!) even.  

Initial spins with CHy.Wh.Un.1S yielded 1:47, an improvement.  I was excited enough by that to test some battles.  BVl.Ev'.2A was first up (side story: a couple of Ev' long rubber teeth had broken away from all the attention it's gotten so far - forced evolution if you will, but the performance was decreased.  I exacto'd off the remaining tall teeth, fully exposing the short teeth to even wear and THAT was an eye-opener.  It was like a different driver - fast.  Harder to control than new, but very exciting).  It didn't burst CHy on 1S after 10 closely contested battles.  Next was JD.Bl.Qc' (I see before I'd mistakenly mentioned Metsu in a similar JD combo - a remnant of my previous JP build with Metsu - of course, there is no layer weight in this combo) and again, no bursts on CHy.  Finally stock Imperial Dragon with the motor off - more tight contests and again, no bursts.  I'm satisfied for now that 1S isn't the sole cause of stock GRg bursting issues.  Maybe the length of the plastic on the chips really isn't equal?

Now for perhaps the best part of this - I tuned the new build and in the end, simply turning the chassis around, leaving Wh and the driver in their previous tuned configuration it hit 2:14.  Subsequent spins logged slightly less until I recalled it seems to be important to scrape the crud that gathers on the bottom off Un after each battle.  Doing so restored it back to 2:11.  Only Perfect Pheonix.10.At has spun longer from our collection.  With the weight and stamina this thing has, as it gets to it's slow rotation, but being well-balanced, it starts to look like a weeble-wobble that won't fall down.  

Out of curiosity, if you built the same combo using Br instead of Un, how long would it spin?  If bearing can beat this, I'll order one from eBay.

Huh, lots of interesting input you have there, good sir!

Let's start from the first sentence/paragraph: it ain't foolish if you are actually having fun with them (both playing with your children and the Beys themselves).

2nd: Hy apparently has better "resistance" than Rg possibly due to that observation, but since Takara Tomy has already indicated in their preview of Vl in the BVl booster release video that the Vl Chip has some slope difference from Hy, which can affect the said "resistance". Probably negligible at first, but on Dash Drivers you'd probably feel something good.

3rd: CHy.Wh.Un.1S is quite a curious combo indeed. Not quite sure how it managed to survive unscathed (or did it click at least once?) against a Judgment combo, but I'd try that on my own testing just to see any difference. Ev' normally awakens on its own, on a fresh state it'd be quite slow, but once the rubber pips get worn down with continued use, you'll eventually see how quickly its behavior will change in the stadium. I don't recommend just shaving off the pips (as the natural curvature born from wearing it down via launches provides better stamina for some reason I can't really comprehend) for the changed behavior though. All Chassis contain the teeth in Sparking now (unlike GT where it was the Chips that had teeth and the Bases determine how low the teeth can go into the Driver spring cap), so just trying to run through the teeth with your nails/fingers should give you an idea already of how tight it can be. As you have already observed earlier in your statement, there is an approximate hair depth difference on how the slopes of the Chip rested against the Chassis teeth, so definitely we can hypothesize that Chips do affect how much tighter a combo can be along with the pre-tightness provided by the Chassis teeth (I have heard that Double Chassis provide better tightness than Single Chassis, but I'm still waiting for a Single Chassis for Balance and Attack for me to actually see if that is true; maybe Single Chassis only exists with Stamina and Defense? idk)

4th: Tuning can make the solo spin time better, but it doesn't automatically guarantee it would have the same exact Burst resistance and performance prior to tuning/changing part orientation. Plus, assembly and disassembly probably will wear the teeth off gradually without you really realizing it until you notice it Bursts more than usual. pP.10.At might have better solo spin time on 00 Disk and Proof/Cross Frame, but if you already have Outer Disk and Xt+, it'll significantly have more solo spin time compared to what you originally had.

5th: On Br, CHy.Wh 1S will definitely have better solo spin time than Un; even without actual testing, facts (POM tip of Br already provides less friction than the tip of Un which gives more stamina hence the Stamina typing, and the bearing component of Br will inevitably bring out more rotations especially if using a combo that has parts with high OWD to sustain spin time) will point to the same logic of longer solo spin time for Br over Un with the same CHy combo you have.