[Unanswered]  Newcomer Advice

Hey Everyone, 
So I'm really considering getting into beyblades again since I haven't played since the first ones came out. My younger brother in law got some and I think I was more excited then he was and more I found this awesome community I'm eager but also hesitant to get back into them. 
I guess to sum it up, I'm wanting to Get into it as a hobby/past time but feel like I'm really out of the loop on what is good now a days and where the best place to start is? Any advice would be welcomed! 
More info on me back on my profile
Do you want competitive parts or just for collection?
(Oct. 27, 2018  7:51 PM)Armor Wrote: Do you want competitive parts or just for collection?

Just casual play I guess but collecting would be fun. I just have limited funds is my biggest issue
In that case I would suggest to focus on getting competitive parts, should you decide to join a tournament. Are you planning on playing any other line of Beyblade(MFB, Plastic Gen, HMS) or Burst only? I can only really help you with Burst, and maybe a little MFB.
(Oct. 27, 2018  8:14 PM)Armor Wrote: In that case I would suggest to focus on getting competitive parts, should you decide to join a tournament. Are you planning on playing any other line of Beyblade(MFB, Plastic Gen, HMS) or Burst only? I can only really help you with Burst, and maybe a little MFB.

Most likely just burst and burst evolution since that's what is currently out, if I'm not mistaken. One of my co-workers says he has a few that he got for his kids but is willing to give them to me since they don't like them
Alright, sounds good. Here's what I would say is competitive:

Layers: Spryzen S3, Spryzen Requiem S3, Fafnir F3, Xcalius X3, Noctemis N3(you can only get this from the battle tower set), Luinor L3, Garuda G3
Discs: 0, 1(for Xcalius X3 only), 2, 4, 5, 7
Frames: Cross, Glaive, Vortex, Meteor, Star, Bump
Drivers: Xtreme, Hunter, Atomic, Orbit, Bearing, Destroy

If you have any questions on which parts are good for what, just ask. Also, maybe check out the competitive combos thread. It should be titled "Build me a combo!" #2.

I may have forgotten some parts. You should also check the Super Z line, but by Takara Tomy specifically. Hasbro's was a nightmare...
(Oct. 27, 2018  10:41 PM)Armor Wrote: Alright, sounds good. Here's what I would say is competitive:

Layers: Spryzen S3, Spryzen Requiem S3, Fafnir F3, Xcalius X3, Noctemis N3(you can only get this from the battle tower set), Luinor L3, Garuda G3
Discs: 0, 1(for Xcalius X3 only), 2, 4, 5, 7
Frames: Cross, Glaive, Vortex, Meteor, Star, Bump
Drivers: Xtreme, Hunter, Atomic, Orbit, Bearing, Destroy

If you have any questions on which parts are good for what, just ask. Also, maybe check out the competitive combos thread. It should be titled "Build me a combo!" #2.

I may have forgotten some parts. You should also check the Super Z line, but by Takara Tomy specifically. Hasbro's was a nightmare...

This is awesome! Thanks for the support and the advice. I will be sure to go and check those threads out and see what I can learn!
You will crush everyone with G3. That is the best Evolution beyblade. (outclassed by Cho-Zs though) Spryzen Requiem is a close second, and more effective than G3 against certain beys. I think Twin Noctemis is good too. X3 is a solid stock combo. 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 (outclassed by tt version), 8 (for cho z), and 0 are good discs. Good tips are Xtreme, Hunter, Revolve, Bearing (not as good as tt), Atomic, and Orbit. Bump, Meteor, Cross, Glaive, and Star are good frames.
I don't think Iron works well with Xcalius X3. I feel it would function much better with Xtreme or something with more attack power.