World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Unanswered Newcomer Advice - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Hobby Q&A (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Hobby-Q-A)
+--- Thread: Unanswered Newcomer Advice (/Thread-Unanswered-Newcomer-Advice)

Newcomer Advice - Dukefasco - Oct. 27, 2018

Hey Everyone, 
So I'm really considering getting into beyblades again since I haven't played since the first ones came out. My younger brother in law got some and I think I was more excited then he was and more I found this awesome community I'm eager but also hesitant to get back into them. 
I guess to sum it up, I'm wanting to Get into it as a hobby/past time but feel like I'm really out of the loop on what is good now a days and where the best place to start is? Any advice would be welcomed! 
More info on me back on my profile

RE: Newcomer Advice - Armor - Oct. 27, 2018

Do you want competitive parts or just for collection?

RE: Newcomer Advice - Dukefasco - Oct. 27, 2018

(Oct. 27, 2018  7:51 PM)Armor Wrote: Do you want competitive parts or just for collection?

Just casual play I guess but collecting would be fun. I just have limited funds is my biggest issue

In that case I would suggest to focus on getting competitive parts, should you decide to join a tournament. Are you planning on playing any other line of Beyblade(MFB, Plastic Gen, HMS) or Burst only? I can only really help you with Burst, and maybe a little MFB.

RE: Newcomer Advice - Dukefasco - Oct. 27, 2018

(Oct. 27, 2018  8:14 PM)Armor Wrote: In that case I would suggest to focus on getting competitive parts, should you decide to join a tournament. Are you planning on playing any other line of Beyblade(MFB, Plastic Gen, HMS) or Burst only? I can only really help you with Burst, and maybe a little MFB.

Most likely just burst and burst evolution since that's what is currently out, if I'm not mistaken. One of my co-workers says he has a few that he got for his kids but is willing to give them to me since they don't like them

Alright, sounds good. Here's what I would say is competitive:

Layers: Spryzen S3, Spryzen Requiem S3, Fafnir F3, Xcalius X3, Noctemis N3(you can only get this from the battle tower set), Luinor L3, Garuda G3
Discs: 0, 1(for Xcalius X3 only), 2, 4, 5, 7
Frames: Cross, Glaive, Vortex, Meteor, Star, Bump
Drivers: Xtreme, Hunter, Atomic, Orbit, Bearing, Destroy

If you have any questions on which parts are good for what, just ask. Also, maybe check out the competitive combos thread. It should be titled "Build me a combo!" #2.

I may have forgotten some parts. You should also check the Super Z line, but by Takara Tomy specifically. Hasbro's was a nightmare...

RE: Newcomer Advice - Dukefasco - Oct. 28, 2018

(Oct. 27, 2018  10:41 PM)Armor Wrote: Alright, sounds good. Here's what I would say is competitive:

Layers: Spryzen S3, Spryzen Requiem S3, Fafnir F3, Xcalius X3, Noctemis N3(you can only get this from the battle tower set), Luinor L3, Garuda G3
Discs: 0, 1(for Xcalius X3 only), 2, 4, 5, 7
Frames: Cross, Glaive, Vortex, Meteor, Star, Bump
Drivers: Xtreme, Hunter, Atomic, Orbit, Bearing, Destroy

If you have any questions on which parts are good for what, just ask. Also, maybe check out the competitive combos thread. It should be titled "Build me a combo!" #2.

I may have forgotten some parts. You should also check the Super Z line, but by Takara Tomy specifically. Hasbro's was a nightmare...

This is awesome! Thanks for the support and the advice. I will be sure to go and check those threads out and see what I can learn!

RE: Newcomer Advice - HyperBey123 - Oct. 28, 2018

You will crush everyone with G3. That is the best Evolution beyblade. (outclassed by Cho-Zs though) Spryzen Requiem is a close second, and more effective than G3 against certain beys. I think Twin Noctemis is good too. X3 is a solid stock combo. 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 (outclassed by tt version), 8 (for cho z), and 0 are good discs. Good tips are Xtreme, Hunter, Revolve, Bearing (not as good as tt), Atomic, and Orbit. Bump, Meteor, Cross, Glaive, and Star are good frames.

RE: Newcomer Advice - Armor - Oct. 28, 2018

I don't think Iron works well with Xcalius X3. I feel it would function much better with Xtreme or something with more attack power.