[Unanswered]  Metal Degradation Cause?

So a lot of the time when I buy used Beyblades, even if they're as new as GT-system Beyblades, the metal parts, such as forge discs and fusion wheels, will be all dark-grey, and gritty to the touch. I'd like to know what causes this, because none of mine have ever done that, and I joined the scene with Burst in 2016. (Also, I'm just asking what causes this to happen, not how to fix it. That I already know how to do. Wadding polish is MAGICAL)
(Oct. 23, 2020  6:56 PM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote: So a lot of the time when I buy used Beyblades, even if they're as new as GT-system Beyblades, the metal parts, such as forge discs and fusion wheels, will be all dark-grey, and gritty to the touch. I'd like to know what causes this, because none of mine have ever done that, and I joined the scene with Burst in 2016. (Also, I'm just asking what causes this to happen, not how to fix it. That I already know how to do. Wadding polish is MAGICAL)

While I don't know what kind of metal alloy TT uses, I'm fairly certain that it's oxidation from being exposed to the air.
(Oct. 23, 2020  6:59 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2020  6:56 PM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote: So a lot of the time when I buy used Beyblades, even if they're as new as GT-system Beyblades, the metal parts, such as forge discs and fusion wheels, will be all dark-grey, and gritty to the touch. I'd like to know what causes this, because none of mine have ever done that, and I joined the scene with Burst in 2016. (Also, I'm just asking what causes this to happen, not how to fix it. That I already know how to do. Wadding polish is MAGICAL)

While I don't know what kind of metal alloy TT uses, I'm fairly certain that it's oxidation from being exposed to the air.

That's one theory I've had, I just don't understand what I'm doing that would be keeping them from oxidizing. That or what other people are doing that causes/allows such a noticeable oxidization reaction

I keep my Beyblades in retro-fitted tackle boxes, which could be preventing oxidization, but I can't imagine people keeping them closed in something is a rare occurrence. That and a friend of mine just kinda' has his Burst Beyblades sitting in an open-air box, and his forge discs don't seem to have degraded all that much
(Oct. 23, 2020  7:05 PM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2020  6:59 PM)BladerGem Wrote: While I don't know what kind of metal alloy TT uses, I'm fairly certain that it's oxidation from being exposed to the air.

That's one theory I've had, I just don't understand what I'm doing that would be keeping them from oxidizing. That or what other people are doing that causes/allows such a noticeable oxidization reaction

I keep my Beyblades in retro-fitted tackle boxes, which could be preventing oxidization, but I can't imagine people keeping them closed in something is a rare occurrence. That and a friend of mine just kinda' has his Burst Beyblades sitting in an open-air box, and his forge discs don't seem to have degraded all that much

If it's a mfb, it's probably from the contact with other fusion wheels.
Most of my metal parts have done that, but not the 0 disk that came with prime Apocalypse or my L-Drago Destructor metal wheel.
(Oct. 23, 2020  7:17 PM)Lugiamaster0249 Wrote: Most of my metal parts have done that, but not the 0 disk that came with prime Apocalypse or my L-Drago Destructor metal wheel.

0 of other core disks don't usually make contact. But if I remember destroy correctly then isn't the top wheel the metal one?
(Oct. 23, 2020  7:18 PM)Master_chanter0 Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2020  7:17 PM)Lugiamaster0249 Wrote: Most of my metal parts have done that, but not the 0 disk that came with prime Apocalypse or my L-Drago Destructor metal wheel.

0 of other core disks don't usually make contact.  But if I remember destroy correctly then isn't the top wheel the metal one?
I keep 0 in the dagger frame, so that probably helps. Yes, the metal wheel is the top one.
Hasbro does it. Hasbro's recent Typhon T4's are obviously using infinity disks from their excesses because all of the metal is dark and grimy.
(Oct. 23, 2020  7:26 PM)Lugiamaster0249 Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2020  7:18 PM)Master_chanter0 Wrote: 0 of other core disks don't usually make contact.  But if I remember destroy correctly then isn't the top wheel the metal one?
I keep 0 in the dagger frame, so that probably helps. Yes, the metal wheel is the top one.

So then that's why 0 doesn't have that, but how often do you use destroy and on what combo?
(Oct. 23, 2020  7:36 PM)Master_chanter0 Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2020  7:26 PM)Lugiamaster0249 Wrote: I keep 0 in the dagger frame, so that probably helps. Yes, the metal wheel is the top one.

So then that's why 0 doesn't have that, but how often do you use destroy and on what combo?

The stock combo mostly, I’ve had it for at least five years.
(Oct. 23, 2020  9:29 PM)Lugiamaster0249 Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2020  7:36 PM)Master_chanter0 Wrote: So then that's why 0 doesn't have that, but how often do you use destroy and on what combo?

The stock combo mostly, I’ve had it for at least five years.

Ok, so then that's probably it.