[Unanswered]  Longinus, Odin chips?

A few winning combos I see often have the Longinus/Odin and various other chips with different layers. Is this essential to the build? 

If there were 2 chips I had to invest in, what would they be?
(Dec. 31, 2019  10:01 PM)Jaygonx Wrote: A few winning combos I see often have the Longinus/Odin and various other chips with different layers. Is this essential to the build? 

Depends on the combo. Diabolos works well on a lot of winning combos and so does spriggan. It really just depends on the combo you are trying to use though.
(Dec. 31, 2019  10:01 PM)Jaygonx Wrote: A few winning combos I see often have the Longinus/Odin and various other chips with different layers. Is this essential to the build? 

Depends what type of combo you're making. All around chips are Spriggan and Diabolos, however for attack on Judgment, using Odin, Achilles, Dragon II or Ashura would be good. Tbh, I think Diabolos is the first to get because of the weight and decent teeth strength. Then maybe the Diabolos II chip or Spriggan chips. Longinus and Odin are good, however I think Diabolos is the best chip.
(Dec. 31, 2019  10:09 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:

Depends what type of combo you're making. All around chips are Spriggan and Diabolos, however for attack on Judgment, using Odin, Achilles, Dragon II or Ashura would be good.  Tbh, I think Diabolos is the first to get because of the weight and decent teeth strength.  Then maybe the Diabolos II chip or Spriggan chips. Longinus and Odin are good, however I think Diabolos is the best chip.

Thanks dude. What set is the diabolos2, dragon2 chips from?
(Dec. 31, 2019  10:15 PM)Jaygonx Wrote: Thanks dude. What set is the diabolos2, dragon2 chips from?

it’s master Diabolos and Imperial Dragon
Diabolos Chip is the most used especially if you don't have Goku Weight to partner any GT Chip with (Zan, Retsu, Gen, and possibly Sou are the alternatives still depending on what you need your combo to do). Spriggan/Diabolos2 on Goku might be similar to Diabolos in terms of weight and teeth as well as the dual-spinning compatibility with any Base that allows usage of Weights.

For the right spin exclusive Chips, most of the time it would be Odin/Achilles/Dragon2/Valkyrie/Joker/Ashura. The remaining right spin Chips so far don't have enough teeth strength to be able to really get into the meta list.

For the left spin exclusive Chips, it'll be rotating among Longinus/Bahamut/Fafnir (which is kind of a bummer since we have less and less variety now)

From what I can see as some sort of rule of thumb based on testing as well as observing the winning combos lists in WBO and local tournaments:

1. If you intend to use Dash Drivers, best to partner with Ashura or Bahamut (right and left spin, respectively) to utilize the numerous clicks allowed prior to Bursting as it proves to be superior to using tall-teethed Chips like Valkyrie and Longinus.

2. Attack-typed Chips work best with Stamina/Defense Drivers while Stamina and Defense-typed Chips benefit from Attack Drivers. Of course, this part still depends on what kind of Base you'd be using along with what role you need your combo to be on your deck.
I prefer the Valkyrie and Longinus Chips with Defense and Stamina Bases, especially when using the Gen Weight. Achilles, Ashura, and Bahamut seem to be the best choices for combos that use Dash Drivers on Attack or Balance Bases (aside from Imperial). Chips like Odin, Dragon II, Diabolos II, and Spriggan are best for combos that either use Dash Drivers on Bases that don't completely expose teeth or combos that use Bases that do expose teeth completely and don't use Dash Drivers. Of course, it's fine to carry some Chips over to other kinds of combos, but the one thing you don't want to do is use Chips with many smaller teeth on Bases that don't fully expose the teeth, because that will make the combo Burst way too easily. The original Diabolos Chip is also really good on Bases that allow Weights because of how heavy it is, which can give it a decent amount of Stamina and Attack power. The other Chips are usable, but not optimal. Joker and Hydra are decent alternatives to Odin and Dragon II. Pegasus is pretty much only for the niche of the Heaven Base gimmick, making it bad. The original Dragon and Fafnir aren't very good now that Spriggan and Dragon II are out, but they could be emergency replacements for Ashura/Achilles/Bahamut.