[Unanswered]  LS.00P.Xt+?

Is Lord Spriggan 00Proof Xtend+ a good combo? Is it a good balance type combo?
(Nov. 22, 2019  5:41 PM)Spider Sniper Wrote: Is Lord Spriggan 00Proof Xtend+ a good combo? Is it a good balance type combo?

The combo is good, although I would use Cross instead of proof. Please post this kind of thing in the build me a combo thread next time: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Build-m...me+a+combo
oh sorry, I'm new here and still working my way around the threads

It won't let me access the "Build me a combo" thread
(Nov. 22, 2019  5:59 PM)Spider Sniper Wrote: oh sorry, I'm new here and still working my way around the threads

It won't let me access the "Build me a combo" thread

Proof is ok if you are going left spin. Cross is the most popular for stamina combos because it has the best LAD.
(Nov. 23, 2019  12:40 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Proof is ok if you are going left spin. Cross is the most popular for stamina combos because it has the best LAD.

I thought Proof had more LAD then Cross, lots of people told me it did
(Nov. 23, 2019  4:34 AM)Spider Sniper Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2019  12:40 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Proof is ok if you are going left spin. Cross is the most popular for stamina combos because it has the best LAD.

I thought Proof had more LAD then Cross, lots of people told me it did

I think it’s debatable. I do like proof, but more so on left spin combos. I don’t think either is a bad choice.
It seems to vary from bey to bey who gets more LAD between cross and proof. I do enjoy them both. Proof definitely has application for attack as well. It feels almost comparable to meteor in its attack offerings while still offering that good LAD. I used to use Lord Fafnir 10 Cross Xtend+ and that certainly did better than 00. Now I run Lord Fafnir Around Xtend+. It's extremely proficient.
(Nov. 23, 2019  3:24 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: It seems to vary from bey to bey who gets more LAD between cross and proof. I do enjoy them both. Proof definitely has application for attack as well. It feels almost comparable to meteor in its attack offerings while still offering that good LAD. I used to use Lord Fafnir 10 Cross Xtend+ and that certainly did better than 00. Now I run Lord Fafnir Around Xtend+. It's extremely proficient.

wow, that's very awesome
(Nov. 23, 2019  3:24 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: It seems to vary from bey to bey who gets more LAD between cross and proof. I do enjoy them both. Proof definitely has application for attack as well. It feels almost comparable to meteor in its attack offerings while still offering that good LAD. I used to use Lord Fafnir 10 Cross Xtend+ and that certainly did better than 00. Now I run Lord Fafnir Around Xtend+. It's extremely proficient.

Interesting combo for Lord. Around doesn't seem to fare well much on my tests, but whatever seems to work on yours, I guess.

I highly agree with the dependence of Cross and Proof with the combos they are included in as well as the intended purpose. Both have LAD but Cross has a smoother and higher surface-to-stadium distance than Proof (which has more bumps and tiny protrusions that make it less efficient than say, Polish or Jerk) which makes it better overall for maintaining and preserving stamina especially if on lowered Drivers like Xt+. Proof has a bit more of a downward thing going on, plus it is slightly heavier than Cross, which makes it ideal for most Attack types on raised Drivers without too much worrying of scraping when doing flower patterns or such and helps in KO resistance especially for stationary attack or stamina setups on usually Atomic or Bearing.

There are a lot more you'll have to look into (part synergy, opposing combos, tournament rules and restrictions, etc) for a Blader to figure out what playstyles and setups work best.
Generally, Cross works better for Xtend+. Proof *looks* rounder, but it hangs low so it will scrape way earlier than Cross. Those 4 bumps it has also hinders its LAD. Proof can work well with Xtend+, but you need to have it on defense mode (or maybe even attack mode) to have comparable LAD to Cross.

However, I think I might want to try your combo idea since Lord with Cross and Xtend+ has not been working too great for me. With Cross, the rubber on the bottom of Lord's layer can stop its LAD due to touching the stadium and it has cost me several points during an LAD match. Using Proof might fix this, so I thank you for the idea.
(Nov. 24, 2019  2:23 PM)eigerblade Wrote: Generally, Cross works better for Xtend+. Proof *looks* rounder, but it hangs low so it will scrape way earlier than Cross. Those 4 bumps it has also hinders its LAD. Proof can work well with Xtend+, but you need to have it on defense mode (or maybe even attack mode) to have comparable LAD to Cross.

However, I think I might want to try your combo idea since Lord with Cross and Xtend+ has not been working too great for me. With Cross, the rubber on the bottom of Lord's layer can stop its LAD due to touching the stadium and it has cost me several points during an LAD match. Using Proof might fix this, so I thank you for the idea.

If you have a spare Lord Base, you can also try spin equalization match with that Around Xt+ using the usual 00Cross Xt+, but I think the Disk+Frame combo might still win due to OWD alone. If you have an issue with the scraping of Lord when destabilized, I think you can also try using Expand since it has a wider coverage than Proof.