[Unanswered]  Imperial Gt base: your thoughts

Hi everybody! I'm aware about the issue who's identical to the one of Wizard and Dread bases. But, if you think for a moment of Imperial being flawless, how it does in attack combos when completely awakened? It's not at the same level of Zwei and Judgement, on pair or even better?
Thank you.
Although Imperial will burst from time to time it still has a tremendous amount of hitting power. It can compete against and defeat Judgment, although it's always a bit of a coin flip in attack matches like those. Against things such as Zwei, Imperial struggles a bit more as its higher risk of bursting really comes into play. The awakened state when it exposes the four rubber contact points is considerably better than the stock mode it arrives with. It wins with more bursts than you might expect. It's an excellent piece in general and one of my favorite attackers, if not my favorite, to play.
(Jan. 24, 2020  8:46 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: Although Imperial will burst from time to time it still has a tremendous amount of hitting power. It can compete against and defeat Judgment, although it's always a bit of a coin flip in attack matches like those. Against things such as Zwei, Imperial struggles a bit more as its higher risk of bursting really comes into play. The awakened state when it exposes the four rubber contact points is considerably better than the stock mode it arrives with. It wins with more bursts than you might expect. It's an excellent piece in general and one of my favorite attackers, if not my favorite, to play.

Wow, thanks man!
Just got fun, I slapped imperial dragon on convert and spiral', and it did considerably well against (left) Lord Spriggan 00star Xt+. It seems to be pretty good. I would say on par(or better) with judgement, and maybe a little worse than zwei.
(Jan. 24, 2020  11:40 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: Just got fun, I slapped imperial dragon on convert and spiral', and it did considerably well against (left) Lord Spriggan 00star Xt+. It seems to be pretty good. I would say on par(or better) with judgement, and maybe a little worse than zwei.

Convert will definitely scrape on Spiral', might try it with Ds' or Vl'. Coincidentally, CrazyAries has released a video a couple of days back with IDr2.St.Vl' and it is indeed quite a KO-hungry monster.
(Jan. 26, 2020  12:37 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2020  11:40 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: Just for fun, I slapped imperial dragon on convert and spiral', and it did considerably well against (left) Lord Spriggan 00star Xt+. It seems to be pretty good. I would say on par(or better) with judgement, and maybe a little worse than zwei.

Convert will definitely scrape on Spiral', might try it with Ds' or Vl'. Coincidentally, CrazyAries has released a video a couple of days back with IDr2.St.Vl' and it is indeed quite a KO-hungry monster.

I know... I just did it for fun. I also have very few decent dash drivers.
It’s a nice layer to counter Br combos with. Sweeps them right out of the arena with a good launch.
(Jan. 28, 2020  1:14 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: It’s a nice layer to counter Br combos with. Sweeps them right out of the arena with a good launch.

Combination of metal/plastic/rubber with consistent hits make this Base quite a force to be reckoned with. It is easy to counter Br combos to begin with, but the absence of Dash Drivers used to make Attack weak and brittle, hence no Blader in their competitive sense would even risk their chances by using experimental Attack combos. Now, more and more Bladers are being courageous with their combos and tend to shift from stagnant spin-equalization/stamina-defense hybrids to KO and Burst priority attackers.
(Jan. 28, 2020  5:32 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2020  1:14 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: It’s a nice layer to counter Br combos with. Sweeps them right out of the arena with a good launch.

Combination of metal/plastic/rubber with consistent hits make this Base quite a force to be reckoned with. It is easy to counter Br combos to begin with, but the absence of Dash Drivers used to make Attack weak and brittle, hence no Blader in their competitive sense would even risk their chances by using experimental Attack combos. Now, more and more Bladers are being courageous with their combos and tend to shift from stagnant spin-equalization/stamina-defense hybrids to KO and Burst priority attackers.

I didn’t see a single attack combo at the tournament last weekend. All Br & Xt+ combos. Was so frustrating not seeing someone roll the dice with a nice attack combo and KO Bearing. I like Imperial vs  Stamina/Defense combos but burst too easy for me to recommend it vs other attackers (although there is a good bit of variance between both my Imperial layers)
(Jan. 28, 2020  6:30 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2020  5:32 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Combination of metal/plastic/rubber with consistent hits make this Base quite a force to be reckoned with. It is easy to counter Br combos to begin with, but the absence of Dash Drivers used to make Attack weak and brittle, hence no Blader in their competitive sense would even risk their chances by using experimental Attack combos. Now, more and more Bladers are being courageous with their combos and tend to shift from stagnant spin-equalization/stamina-defense hybrids to KO and Burst priority attackers.

I didn’t see a single attack combo at the tournament last weekend. All Br & Xt+ combos. Was so frustrating not seeing someone roll the dice with a nice attack combo and KO Bearing. I like Imperial vs  Stamina/Defense combos but burst too easy for me to recommend it vs other attackers (although there is a good bit of variance between both my Imperial layers)

It's usefulness still depends on how good you can easily gauge/interpret your opponent's Br/Xt+ launches especially if they're in it for spin-equalization. Burst resistance of the Imperial Base alone most probably will have variance due to mold differences/inconsistencies (thank TT's quality control lol) as all parts have their own variations in terms of balance and weight.

Whenever I test using spin-equalizers, I always try to soft-medium launch all left spins and try to alternate between hard and soft-medium launches with right spins (for example, LS.Bl.Br vs IDr2.St.Ds') in order to gauge both Burst resistance against slow Bursts as well as LAD/opposite spin precession of the combo I'm testing.

If the Burst resistance is good (either it doesn't click or only clicks halfway consistently), then I deem it as useful for tournaments. If it Bursts but still has good LAD/stamina and/or has good KO potential, then I'm all for it too.

Back on the Imperial Base tho, I feel that "awakening" it is too easy and fast, and I'd much like it stay with the bounding gold blades (like, mid-awakening) gimmick rather than pure, immovable smash attacks akin to SgV. But overall, Imperial is a serious contender among rubber/heavy attackers like Judgment, Zwei, and Lord.