[Unanswered]  If a beyblade has a small gash it's still good enough to go on?

If a beyblade burst of any sort has small little chipped off areas in the base or anywhere else on the layer is it still tough in general? Will they still work well somewhat? I don't want to worry too much about it but, I thought I have a little reassurance.
(Jul. 27, 2019  11:26 PM)SavageBladerX78 Wrote: If a beyblade burst of any sort has small little chipped off areas in the base or anywhere else on the layer is it still tough in general? Will they still work well somewhat? I don't want to worry too much about it but, I thought I have a little reassurance.
What beyblade is it?
It's on a case by case basis, but you should not worry too much. It happens frequently to have some plastic chipping here and there. As long as the general shape is not altered performance won't be impacted too much. If it's a Bey that you really want to have an intact copy of, it's recommended to have more than one copy of it.
WOW THANKS GUYS, I FEEL MUCH BETTER. Also this question is about any beyblade. Hey, as long as the plastic and shape is all together and is just sometimes chipped bit by bit IT WILL NEVER GO DOWN ALL TOGETHER!

(Jul. 27, 2019  11:27 PM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2019  11:26 PM)SavageBladerX78 Wrote: If a beyblade burst of any sort has small little chipped off areas in the base or anywhere else on the layer is it still tough in general? Will they still work well somewhat? I don't want to worry too much about it but, I thought I have a little reassurance.
What beyblade is it?

any bey
(Jul. 27, 2019  11:44 PM)SavageBladerX78 Wrote: WOW THANKS GUYS, I FEEL MUCH BETTER. Also this question is about any beyblade. Hey, as long as the plastic and shape is all together and is just sometimes chipped bit by bit IT WILL NEVER GO DOWN ALL TOGETHER!

(Jul. 27, 2019  11:27 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: What beyblade is it?

any bey
Ok. Some beyblades chip easier than others.

(Jul. 27, 2019  11:44 PM)SavageBladerX78 Wrote: WOW THANKS GUYS, I FEEL MUCH BETTER. Also this question is about any beyblade. Hey, as long as the plastic and shape is all together and is just sometimes chipped bit by bit IT WILL NEVER GO DOWN ALL TOGETHER!

(Jul. 27, 2019  11:27 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: What beyblade is it?

any bey
Ok. Some beyblades chip easier than others.
Usually chipping, gashes, and gouges to the parts happen when using aggressive Attack parts. The same also happens sometimes to the opposing Bey parts which also have more Burst resistance (eg. using a Slash Valkyrie.Blitz.Quick' Retsu on say Bushin Joker.Sting.Atomic Ten).

If the Layer/Frame/Disk used has less Burst resistance, they normally shouldn't experience too much wear-down since the attack momentum quickly Bursts the combo and prevents the absorption of the shock onto the said part due to little resistance.

Indirectly related rant (Click to View)
(Jul. 28, 2019  12:09 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Usually chipping, gashes, and gouges to the parts happen when using aggressive Attack parts. The same also happens sometimes to the opposing Bey parts which also have more Burst resistance (eg. using a Slash Valkyrie.Blitz.Quick' Retsu on say Bushin Joker.Sting.Atomic Ten).

If the Layer/Frame/Disk used has less Burst resistance, they normally shouldn't experience too much wear-down since the attack momentum quickly Bursts the combo and prevents the absorption of the shock onto the said part due to little resistance.

Indirectly related rant (Click to View)

Nah, ik tho. I used GT against Cho Z
The rules are actually kind of vague.
"Broken Parts: Beyblade parts that are broken in any way are considered illegal and may not be used in WBO events unless otherwise explicitly specified in this rulebook. See “Breakage During Play” in the Gameplay Appendix for detail on how to proceed if your part breaks during a match."

I wouldn't consider a chip a break. If a piece breaks off, that's a break. A chip or crack or gouge that doesn't affect the performance, that's probably okay. It depends on the specific damage.
(Jul. 28, 2019  1:48 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The rules are actually kind of vague.
"Broken Parts: Beyblade parts that are broken in any way are considered illegal and may not be used in WBO events unless otherwise explicitly specified in this rulebook.  See “Breakage During Play” in the Gameplay Appendix for detail on how to proceed if your part breaks during a match."

I wouldn't consider a chip a break. If a piece breaks off, that's a break. A chip or crack or gouge that doesn't affect the performance, that's probably okay. It depends on the specific damage.

I guess you can think of it as something like this:

Chip: minuscule portion (most of the time plastic, some would have rubber, like Judgment or Wizard) of the part gets gouged/shaved off and should usually not affect the part at all, weight or performance-wise

Break: a piece not intended to fly off a Bey part during a match due to most of the time heavy,gut-wrenching, bone-cracking recoils (ex. V2's wings have weak structural integrity despite the aggressive shape and will most definitely break after some use, or the POM chains of gK breaking because TT effed up its intended design in the first place)

Formats opinion (Click to View)
(Jul. 28, 2019  2:22 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  1:48 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The rules are actually kind of vague.
"Broken Parts: Beyblade parts that are broken in any way are considered illegal and may not be used in WBO events unless otherwise explicitly specified in this rulebook.  See “Breakage During Play” in the Gameplay Appendix for detail on how to proceed if your part breaks during a match."

I guess you can think of it as something like this: 

Chip: minuscule portion (most of the time plastic, some would have rubber, like Judgment or Wizard) of the part gets gouged/shaved off and should usually not affect the part at all, weight or performance-wise

Break: a piece not intended to fly off a Bey part during a match due to most of the time heavy,gut-wrenching, bone-cracking recoils (ex. V2's wings have weak structural integrity despite the aggressive shape and will most definitely break after some use, or the POM chains of gK breaking because TT effed up its intended design in the first place)

So, basically if it's a main component that breaks off like a wing or if any thing is like a half sided major break that affects performance (which is what really matters in the end) That is far beyond okay.
I noticed that chipped and cracked layers break really easily and are more useful as a collectible.
(Jul. 28, 2019  3:22 AM)SavageBladerX78 Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  2:22 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I guess you can think of it as something like this: 

So, basically if it's a main component that breaks off like a wing or if any thing is like a half sided major break that affects performance (which is what really matters in the end) That is far beyond okay.

That's the gist of the distinctions.

(Jul. 28, 2019  3:26 AM)DuctTapeHero Wrote: I noticed that chipped and cracked layers break really easily and are more useful as a collectible.

Cracked Layers are different from chipped ones though, since the former already has its structural integrity compromised and is a breakage waiting to happen (hello Storm Spriggan vs Lost Longinus anime match), while the latter simply has some of its plastic/rubber shaved off but will not necessarily affect performance (unless the chucks are more than a millimeter in size and that you already notice some balance issues, then you're better off letting the poor part retire and get a new one).
Besides if anything does actually break we have our lord and savior "Super Glue" To fix most of our problems.
(Jul. 28, 2019  7:00 AM)SavageBladerX78 Wrote: Besides if anything does actually break we have our lord and savior "Super Glue" To fix most of our problems.

Yes, but anything it "saves" is technically illegal already for tournaments
(Jul. 28, 2019  10:25 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  7:00 AM)SavageBladerX78 Wrote: Besides if anything does actually break we have our lord and savior "Super Glue" To fix most of our problems.

Yes, but anything it "saves" is technically illegal already for tournaments

Lol, well at least it'll still work again. These tournaments don't know the love and true power of our religion for Super Glue and it's reviving techniques. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
(Jul. 28, 2019  6:48 PM)SavageBladerX78 Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  10:25 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Yes, but anything it "saves" is technically illegal already for tournaments

Lol, well at least it'll still work again. These tournaments don't know the love and true power of our religion for Super Glue and it's reviving techniques. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They'll just be relics of the past and be put on display or box like every Bey that I accidentally broke in battle
(Jul. 28, 2019  9:16 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  6:48 PM)SavageBladerX78 Wrote: Lol, well at least it'll still work again. These tournaments don't know the love and true power of our religion for Super Glue and it's reviving techniques. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They'll just be relics of the past and be put on display or box like every Bey that I accidentally broke in battle

and they are forbidden to use because they still work but they're not allowed to be used in tournaments for being too pure and for being revived.
(Jul. 29, 2019  1:40 AM)SavageBladerX78 Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  9:16 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: They'll just be relics of the past and be put on display or box like every Bey that I accidentally broke in battle

and they are forbidden to use because they still work but they're not allowed to be used in tournaments for being too pure and for being revived.

It is illegal to use a layer repaired via super glue because super glue is a foreign substance and is therefore considered as a modification.
(Jul. 29, 2019  3:09 AM)MWF Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2019  1:40 AM)SavageBladerX78 Wrote: and they are forbidden to use because they still work but they're not allowed to be used in tournaments for being too pure and for being revived.

It is illegal to use a layer repaired via super glue because super glue is a foreign substance and is therefore considered as a modification.

yes but I used on my doomscisor it is now a collectors bey!
(Jul. 29, 2019  3:14 AM)Foxblade Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2019  3:09 AM)MWF Wrote: It is illegal to use a layer repaired via super glue because super glue is a foreign substance and is therefore considered as a modification.

yes but I used on my doomscisor it is now a collectors bey!

Well, even if you can't bring it to tournaments it still works at least. Just not allowed in tournaments.