[Unanswered]  Help! My sword launcher broke within 2 days of use!

I got the hasbro xcalius sword launcher set a few days ago, and it was good and all, best launcher I’ve owned so far. However about 2 days after getting it, it seems to have worn down fast, and has practically no power at all! At first it started with some noticeable squeaks when turning it, then it stopped clicking all together. Understandably I may have caused this by clicking the launcher more than I needed to, and I kinda made it worse by trying to put some wd 40 in the launcher where the ripcord turns the gears, which I heard from a different thread saying it should’ve helped, but instead it took all of the power away from the launcher. If anyone can help me please do, i can give more info for those who are willing to help. Thank you and keep blading Smile
Sword launchers break very fast so there is not much to can do about it
As BuilderROB said, sword launchers are notorious for how fast they wear down. The gears inside might have been whittled down due to extensive use. But just to be sure, can you check the insides of the launcher to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary?
Ki use a sword launcher for nearly half a year and it is still in perfect condition
Guess I am lucky
Out of all others who have bought it, you might be one of few who have had it in stores who have witnessed a breakdown in the gears of the Hasbro Sword Launcher. This is excellent information waiting to thrive in the “Hasbro Launcher - Sword Launcher” thread. I can only say clicking the prongs of the launcher will cause the gear inside to strip off, giving it more wear and less performance. Continuous clicking of the gears will have the launcher suffer to the weight of the beyblade and skip continuously. It is recommended that you don’t do such a thing for 50+ clicks. As for the Sword Launcher in general, it’s safe to say you can’t help but keep ripping it.
Sorry I thought we were talking about the tt sword launcher
(Aug. 06, 2018  7:30 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: Out of all others who have bought it, you might be one of few who have had it in stores who have witnessed a breakdown in the gears of the Hasbro Sword Launcher. This is excellent information waiting to thrive in the “Hasbro Launcher - Sword Launcher” thread. I can only say clicking the prongs of the launcher will cause the gear inside to strip off, giving it more wear and less performance. Continuous clicking of the gears will have the launcher suffer to the weight of the beyblade and skip continuously. It is recommended that you don’t do such a thing for 50+ clicks. As for the Sword Launcher in general, it’s safe to say you can’t help but keep ripping it.
I don’t even think I’ll use it anymore as I said it has no more power to it at all. It can barely even spin the bet.

(Aug. 06, 2018  4:18 AM)Mage Wrote: As BuilderROB said, sword launchers are notorious for how fast they wear down. The gears inside might have been whittled down due to extensive use. But just to be sure, can you check the insides of the launcher to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary?
I checked and I don’t think so, but I’m not sure since there are practically no videos or images of what the inside of the launcher is supposed to look like. You would expect that there would be more info on this kind of thing considering this is supposed to be a common issue.
It's a new release, gotta wait for someone to want to possibly ruin one.

I've been using mine a bit, I've probably only launched about 40 times with it and it still has full power. I've noticed it is very resistant to clicking when loading the bey, so only twist until you feel resistance and stop, no need to actually click a gear.

The other tip I have is be very careful about launching on an angle. I've had a few instances of the bey being caught on one prong and doing a terrible feeling non-launch. All I can recommend is to try and pull the ripcord out as straight as you possibly can from the launcher. Where with the switchstrike launchers you can press your thumb on the cord or pull at a slight arc for more power, the sword launcher needs to be ripped as straight as level as possible.

Long post, hope it helps lol.
(Aug. 06, 2018  6:42 PM)Dutchems Wrote: It's a new release, gotta wait for someone to want to possibly ruin one.

I've been using mine a bit, I've probably only launched about 40 times with it and it still has full power. I've noticed it is very resistant to clicking when loading the bey, so only twist until you feel resistance and stop, no need to actually click a gear.

The other tip I have is be very careful about launching on an angle. I've had a few instances of the bey being caught on one prong and doing a terrible feeling non-launch. All I can recommend is to try and pull the ripcord out as straight as you possibly can from the launcher. Where with the switchstrike launchers you can press your thumb on the cord or pull at a slight arc for more power, the sword launcher needs to be ripped as straight as level as possible.

Long post, hope it helps lol.
I’ll keep it in mind if I ever decide to buy a new one Smile
My Ripcord Broke Whithin 1 Day Of use so yeah.
Yes, clicks will damage the launcher. You want 0 clicks.

Some people seem to swear by WD-40, but it can mess up some plastics (particularly polycarbonate and clear polystyrene plastic, according to them). So as a whole, no, it's not considered recommended. Plus, it makes your launcher tournament-illegal even if it did work.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is much you can do other than get a new launcher. Clicking causes damage, and if it's from being pulled too hard, then damage has been done by that way as well.
I also wanted a Xcalius set, but they were replaced with the Hyperspere Apocalyps set with the blue re-color, so I got that on sale, all good for the first 2-3 days, but it started skipping teeth, and today the whole gear shattered, I can confirm that I never clicked teeth with Beyblade on purpose. I guess the quality is not as good but the standard Hasbro launcher I got in the Slingshot dragoon, I am still using it for all Hasbro Beyblades, still have no issues, therefore I am not sure on Hasbro products and would like to know what other Bladers think, Thank you too
(Nov. 17, 2021  2:48 PM)Syed2002 Wrote: I also wanted a Xcalius set, but they were replaced with the Hyperspere Apocalyps set with the blue re-color, so I got that on sale, all good for the first 2-3 days, but it started skipping teeth, and today the whole gear shattered, I can confirm that I never clicked teeth with Beyblade on purpose. I guess the quality is not as good but the standard Hasbro launcher I got in the Slingshot dragoon, I am still using it for all Hasbro Beyblades, still have no issues, therefore I am not sure on Hasbro products and would like to know what other Bladers think,  Thank you too

its great that you have input to his thread but please, dont necropost (posting on a thread thats been inactive for a while; in this case 3 years)