[Unanswered]  Didn't even know this was still a thing!

It's Christmas eve. My family piles into my house and my nephew immediately starts talking rather fervently about Beyblades. "Beyblades? That's still around?" I asked naively. My nephew proceeded to "teach" me all about them, and after his excited rambling I interjected "You know, I used to play with my friends when I was younger.". You could see the excitement wash over his face as if I'd just given him a new puppy. 

Well, needless to say we spent the rest of the day matching up and have a blast (burst, I suppose). Fast forward to today. I've spent a slow day in the office learning a whole pile of lingo and devising a bey to ruin my nephew's upcoming birthday party because he says his little friend Isaiah is the best he knows. Well...it's my mission to become the best he knows. MWAHAHAHA!

So, here's what I'm looking at and if I get some terms wrong, please correct me. I came up with the build (is that what you call it here?) based on the kinds of things I used as a kid and my idea of how I want it to perform. 

My thinking is going with a hS.7B.At. I'm interested to see what someone thinks of this. It just seems like my kind of setup given everything I've read over at beyblade fandom wiki. Am I overlooking something that would be debilitating against your average opponent? Anything in particular to watch out for?

Cheers,
Zac
(Dec. 26, 2018  9:47 PM)zowen88 Wrote: It's Christmas eve. My family piles into my house and my nephew immediately starts talking rather fervently about Beyblades. "Beyblades? That's still around?" I asked naively. My nephew proceeded to "teach" me all about them, and after his excited rambling I interjected "You know, I used to play with my friends when I was younger.". You could see the excitement wash over his face as if I'd just given him a new puppy. 

Well, needless to say we spent the rest of the day matching up and have a blast (burst, I suppose). Fast forward to today. I've spent a slow day in the office learning a whole pile of lingo and devising a bey to ruin my nephew's upcoming birthday party because he says his little friend Isaiah is the best he knows. Well...it's my mission to become the best he knows. MWAHAHAHA!

So, here's what I'm looking at and if I get some terms wrong, please correct me. I came up with the build (is that what you call it here?) based on the kinds of things I used as a kid and my idea of how I want it to perform. 

My thinking is going with a hS.7B.At. I'm interested to see what someone thinks of this. It just seems like my kind of setup given everything I've read over at beyblade fandom wiki. Am I overlooking something that would be debilitating against your average opponent? Anything in particular to watch out for?

Cheers,
Zac

What Beys are you trying to beat? If you don't know, Spriggan Requiem's layer is a good alternative to hS
(Dec. 26, 2018  9:47 PM)zowen88 Wrote: It's Christmas eve. My family piles into my house and my nephew immediately starts talking rather fervently about Beyblades. "Beyblades? That's still around?" I asked naively. My nephew proceeded to "teach" me all about them, and after his excited rambling I interjected "You know, I used to play with my friends when I was younger.". You could see the excitement wash over his face as if I'd just given him a new puppy. 

Cheers,
Zac

While hS.7B.At is good, if you want to build something specifically as a counter to right-spin opponents, hS.0B/L.Br is better, as it can equalize with most right spin beys very well. Even so, the combo you mentioned is good, but Atomic may not be the best for opposite spin matchups. 

- Note: Equalization combos work well soft or moderately launched.

The best right spin combo, on the other hand, is arguably aH on 7/10 and Eternal or Xtend+ (stamina mode). Revive Phoenix is also powerful, but aH has better pure stamina and high burst resistance even without the "revive armor" gimmick.

- Note: moderate/moderate-hard launches work well. Anything too hard runs the risk of greater burst risk. Eternal or other cone-shaped tips also get destabilized by Atomic in same-spin matchups.

For attack, the best combos come from either Dead Hades or Winning/Cho-Z Valkyrie. Out of these three, Hades and Cho-Z Valkyrie would have more success, as Hades is the heaviest (single piece) layer (and has a good design), while Cho-Z Valkyrie has a burst stopper alongside good teeth and a good shape as well. The recommended combo would be:

Cho-Z V.0B/T/L.Br/R/X/X' or dH.0B/T.X/X'

- Note: an angled launch/banking will help land several blows rather than wasting energy circling the stadium. Find the launcher/set up that helps this out the most. Stationary combos like CZ-V.0L.Br will not be as dependent on angled launches, but they may still benefit.

There are other options, but I decided to point out some of the most powerful, since you wanted to dominate at the party (?). Judging from your post, the players you will encounter may not be all that skilled in competitive combos or launch consistency, so these combos should be fine. 

P.S. don't rough em' up too badly now...I don't think I'd be comfortable knowing I helped break a kid's heart with this advice, haha... 

Also, tell us how the battles go! Best of luck!
(Dec. 26, 2018  10:23 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: What Beys are you trying to beat? If you don't know, Spriggan Requiem's layer is a good alternative to hS

I have no idea what this kid is using. He said his friend had something called "Black Wolf", which sounded suspiciously un-beylike. I had Sr on my radar already, but it's so freaking ugly (imo) I couldn't bear to consider integrating it. Is it good enough to warrant being hideous?
what state u guys in if u in us if ur in maryland let me know so we can blade

(Dec. 26, 2018  10:30 PM)zowen88 Wrote:
(Dec. 26, 2018  10:23 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: What Beys are you trying to beat? If you don't know, Spriggan Requiem's layer is a good alternative to hS

I have no idea what this kid is using. He said his friend had something called "Black Wolf", which sounded suspiciously un-beylike.  I had Sr on my radar already, but it's so freaking ugly (imo) I couldn't bear to consider integrating it. Is it good enough to warrant being hideous?

ya lol

I have no idea what this kid is using. He said his friend had something called "Black Wolf", which sounded suspiciously un-beylike. I had Sr on my radar already, but it's so freaking ugly (imo) I couldn't bear to consider integrating it. Is it good enough to warrant being hideous?

Well Sr was so good that before ChouZ it was banned because it dominated the meta because it was a dual spin dF. It is pretty good. Function over form.

I have no idea what this kid is using. He said his friend had something called "Black Wolf", which sounded suspiciously un-beylike.  I had Sr on my radar already, but it's so freaking ugly (imo) I couldn't bear to consider integrating it. Is it good enough to warrant being hideous?

I'd consider bringing extra combos just in case, such as aH.10.Et and wV.0B.X'. An alternative combo to your own is hS.0B.Xt+. It's a higher budget combo, but if you don't want to run the risk of getting KO'd, Xtend+ is better. As for the Spriggan Requiem thing, the layer could be worth getting if you consider the fact that it was  fact that it banned even though it had to compete against Beys that are much heavier.

I also wonder what this Black Wolf combo is. It sounds alot like Emperor Forneus, Hell Salamander, the black Spriggan Requiem, or maybe even Vise Leopard.

Sounds like Dark Wolf. Dark wolf is an old gen MFB which woefully outclasses burst beys, and might be why his friend is supposedly the “best.”
Sr is ok, but if you don’t want to use it, don’t.
If you really want to win, and ruin the party, buy Basalt Horogium 145WD, and Dark Bull, replace the Horogium clear wheel, with the Bull wheel.

The bey they are using is likely to be a Dark Wolf, black Spriggan Requiem, or a Hell Salamander. Your best bet is probably going to be a combo like Cho-Z Spriggan 10 Zephyr’ launched very hard in the opposite direction than the opponent so that you can avoid them if they are using Dark Wolf, and if not your bey should still fare okay against them
So, I've got my pieces in place for what I like looks/performance wise for two different Beys, out of cost efficiency and availability.

hS.7B.Br
&
MFH Salamander Salamander SW145SD

I liked the idea of both of them being Salamanders and I didn't want to break the bank on a Metal Fight Bey, so I read up on what was available on Amazon for relatively cheap just in case this kid is bringing some kind of MFB.

From my limited testing the hS.7B.Br (currently using Balkesh in place of hS) spins FOREVER and absorbs hits like a champ. I can only imagine hS will improve upon this.

Now we wait for the remaining pieces to arrive.
(Dec. 28, 2018  3:40 PM)zowen88 Wrote: So, I've got my pieces in place for what I like looks/performance wise for two different Beys, out of cost efficiency and availability.

hS.7B.Br
&

I liked the idea of both of them being Salamanders and I didn't want to break the bank on a Metal Fight Bey, so I read up on what was available on Amazon for relatively cheap just in case this kid is bringing some kind of MFB.

From my limited testing the hS.7B.Br (currently using Balkesh in place of hS) spins FOREVER and absorbs hits like a champ. I can only imagine hS will improve upon this.

Now we wait for the remaining pieces to arrive.

I should’ve told you this before, but I think B: D would be a better bearing substitute in MFB
(Dec. 28, 2018  4:07 PM)brandbrick Wrote: I should’ve told you this before, but I think B: D would be a better bearing substitute in MFB
Yeah, I read a bunch about what is competitive and that seemed to be a good choice, but I was having some trouble finding a legit Phantom Orion for the B: D at a price I felt like paying. Maybe I'll fork over the cash to snag one in the next week or so. Thanks for the suggestion.
Final list of what I'm bringing to my nephew's party.

hS.7.F.At
sR.0.B.Br
dC, 4, Destroy
nL.U.hunter
&

I've become way more obsessed with beyblades than I probably should be.
Just make sure you take some snap shots of the kids face after you obliterate him with these combos. The joys of life!