[Unanswered]  Custom BeyStadium Tips

Hey guys, just as a preface I’m not sure if this is the best place in the forums for this kind of thread but didn’t see anything that looked like a more appropriate place to ask.

I, like I’m sure many also have, found myself frustrated using the small plastic stadiums that Hasbro puts out and decided to make my own custom stadium.

I started out the process by recently purchasing a steel sled from Amazon that measures 26” across (diameter) which was over twice as large as my plastic one. I’m very happy with the size, but I’ve had some questions about the use of the steel surface as opposed to the plastic of the Hasbro stadium.

1. Drivers - Will launching on the steel surface affect the drivers over time? Just in terms of wearing down the tips or weakening the springs, is this something I should worry about?

2. Customization - What are the recommendations for marking the stadium? I see a lot of stadiums that have a cross hair and circle to mark the center of the stadium. I would think certain paints and tapes would affect battles as blades ran across their surfaces so what would be the cure for this?

3. Base - While most builders seems to have chosen to construct a wooden box around their stadium bowl, I’ve been curious about a waist-high setting. Would there be any drawbacks to using, for example, a bird bath feeder to hold the dish and keeping the battles on a standing level?

Thanks in advance for all ideas and feedback. I can’t wait to update with the build once progress comes.
I am no pro myself.I have no experience with making stadiums.But I think your drivers may wear IF the steel sled has some design.

Also your beys will have HIGHER stamina than before because of the low friction.your sled must have some curve for functioning properly.
Hi King Jigsaw, I've moved your thread to Beyblade Hobby Q&A. This should better help you get some input. New threads in Burst Customizations should be testing threads with test results.

Please mark your thread as answered once you feel you have your questions answered.

I'll try to give you some answers the best of my knowledge. I have no experience with these myself, but I have read some different conversations. Not many competitive bladers are keen on bigger stadiums, so they're not something many here are familiar with first-hand in the least. But maybe one of the few that do experiment with this will pop in.

1. Drivers: From what I've read, yes, there is increased wear on the plastic tips of drivers. Launching closer to the stadium may lessen possible issues in the landing, but that's about it.

2. Customization - I can only think of something like a Sharpie marker, but I don't see that working well on metal. I think the only way something like this would work is for a clear stadium so you could decorate underneath.

3. Base - I think the only thing is that the higher you go, the further parts can scatter and it may make it easier for parts to become damaged in missing during the launch or flying out.
(Oct. 02, 2018  1:00 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
3. Base - I think the only thing is that the higher you go, the further parts can scatter and it may make it easier for parts to become damaged in missing during the launch or flying out.
I put the parts that I'm not going to comment on in spoilers to save space on the thread.
Don't forget that it's easier to get hit in softer/more important parts of the body, like the nono spot, the stomach, the ribs, sternum, neck, and face, which are all very bad spots to get hit in, so anyone trying to elevate their stadium must move back a decent amount or just put walls around the stadium.