[Unanswered]  Can someone explain to me the evolution of the Burst series?

Can someone explain to me the evolution of the Burst series?

I just got my first turbo sling shock set and I thought burst blades had little teeth that clicked when you put them together. That doesn’t seem to be the case with this tournament battle set?

I’m also interested in the just the general evolution of beyblade burst, the difference between each series and when they came out, how they relate to the show, etc. I’m a history buff, so don’t be afraid to lay out the details!
Alright, lets go then

In 2015 the manga series for beyblade burst started. The mangaka making this series is known as Hiro Morita. This was about 4 years after the previous generation ended. This came along with beys known as single layers. They were simple burst beys, just with layer on top, disc in the middle, and tip on the bottom.This series would go for teh entire years and continue into next year.

2016 came with evolutions to these single layer beys, called dual layers. They were like single layers but with more gimmicks and things to change up the play style. The Burst anime adaption also started this year.

The very beginning on 2017 brought the end of the Burst manga which ran a little over 2 years, and the naime which went to a little of 1 year. This is year started the dub for the first season of beyblade burst, however in japan the 2nd season of burst was starting, known as beyblade burst god. This is a direct sequel to the series before. The anime and manga started around the same time this time. In this season they beys were focused more on all types of different gimmicks and seeing bladers and beys from all around the world. We got our first 2 piece bey here which was nightmare luinor, consisting on just a layer with a ton of metal and the destroy driver. We also got our first spin stealing bey known as fafnir, along with a ton of other crazy gimmicks like rollers that deflect attacks, and free spinning ring around a bey so it cant be touch, and shield that blocks attacks, and much, much more. This is widely regarded as the best season.

2018 brought the end to God and the start of the dubbed version of God, known as Beyblade Burst Evolution. In Japan the next series started known as Beyblade Burst Chouzetsu. These beys were a bit more simple, however included metal on the layers, paying homage to the previous metal generation. The manga for this series was great, however the anime is widely regarded as the worst season. We ddi get some good gimmicks here, such as a jumping bey, an evolution to fafnir, and multiple beys with mechanism that makes blades pop out of their layer, and also putting a thing that helps prevent busting at the same time.

In 2019 Chouzetsu ended, and the dub started This is called Beyblade Burst Turbo. The next series started known as Beyblade burst GT in Japan. This is the first series to implement 10 minute episodes, as well as being YouTube exclusive to watch it easier. They were just starting the 10 minute episodes so the pacing was off and it was pretty rushed, however overall an enjoyable watch that got better each episode. The manga was done very well. And the beys for this season used a 3 part layer: One part was the chip, another part was the metal weight, and the last part the ring.

In 2020 GT ended and the dub for it known as Beyblade Burst Rise started. The new season started in Japan, known as beyblade Burst Sparking. This season has a new system with it as well. Its a bit complicated, but goes like this: So we have the ring and chip like before, however we also have the chassis. Single chassis clips on to the ring and provides the weight for the layer, but double cassis is essentially a beefed up disc that clips onto the layer, acting  as a weight, attack and defense, and well as a disc. So far the anime is regarded as pretty good, with the manga being great currently.  We still have a bunch of this season left though.

EDIT: Forgot to add that with each dub of each series, came a different version of the beys previously released in Japan. These are usually really or good or really bad, however the rise ones have been pretty ok.
By the way, Hasbro beys are incompatible with Takara Tomy beys, and Hasbro has slopes instead of teeth to click in. Only discs can be exchanged if you want your beys to remain tournament legal. Also, post Evolution, a lot of the beys are missing gimmicks or just have hasbro's desirable speed gimmick of the day, whether it be slingshock or hypersphere.
In conclusion.... If you want quality then go with Takara Tomy. If you want quantity then go with hasbro..... Also most people hate hasbro post evolution because they decided to focus on 1 gimmick per that season which resulted in beys that don't have their gimmick and no metal
(Aug. 01, 2020  11:25 PM)ChoZBurstBlader Wrote: In conclusion.... If you want quality then go with Takara Tomy. If you want quantity then go with hasbro..... Also most people hate hasbro post evolution because they decided to focus on 1 gimmick per that season which resulted in beys that don't have their gimmick and no metal
Yeah, though I do think pre turbo stuff was on par or better than TT stuff performance wise. So make of that what you will.
(Aug. 02, 2020  12:20 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2020  11:25 PM)ChoZBurstBlader Wrote: In conclusion.... If you want quality then go with Takara Tomy. If you want quantity then go with hasbro..... Also most people hate hasbro post evolution because they decided to focus on 1 gimmick per that season which resulted in beys that don't have their gimmick and no metal
Yeah, though I do think pre turbo stuff was on par or better than TT stuff performance wise. So make of that what you will.
It depends.... Some beys received buffs and nerfs (slopes we're better or worse) compared to their TT alternatives..... Also I wasn't talking about their performance, but their quality(Everyone here would agree that TT beys always look better( we're talking about anime beys) than their hasbro counterparts)
(Aug. 02, 2020  12:27 AM)ChoZBurstBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2020  12:20 AM)bladekid Wrote: Yeah, though I do think pre turbo stuff was on par or better than TT stuff performance wise. So make of that what you will.
It depends.... Some beys received buffs and nerfs (slopes we're better or worse) compared to their TT alternatives..... Also I wasn't talking about their performance, but their quality(Everyone here would agree that TT beys always look better( we're talking about anime beys) than their hasbro counterparts)
I guess, but I do personally like the opaque drivers more along with the softer plastic. I thought evolution looks great honestly.
Wow guys. I don’t know how I missed the responses to this thread but you guys are awesome! Super knowledgeable. Thanks.

(Aug. 01, 2020  6:54 PM)snoc Wrote: Alright, lets go then

In 2015 the manga series for beyblade burst started. The mangaka making this series is known as Hiro Morita. This was about 4 years after the previous generation ended. This came along with beys known as single layers. They were simple burst beys, just with layer on top, disc in the middle, and tip on the bottom.This series would go for teh entire years and continue into next year.

2016 came with evolutions to these single layer beys, called dual layers. They were like single layers but with more gimmicks and things to change up the play style. The Burst anime adaption also started this year.

The very beginning on 2017 brought the end of the Burst manga which ran a little over 2 years, and the naime which went to a little of 1 year. This is year started the dub for the first season of beyblade burst, however in japan the 2nd season of burst was starting, known as beyblade burst god. This is a direct sequel to the series before. The anime and manga started around the same time this time. In this season they beys were focused more on all types of different gimmicks and seeing bladers and beys from all around the world. We got our first 2 piece bey here which was nightmare luinor, consisting on just a layer with a ton of metal and the destroy driver. We also got our first spin stealing bey known as fafnir, along with a ton of other crazy gimmicks like rollers that deflect attacks, and free spinning ring around a bey so it cant be touch, and shield that blocks attacks, and much, much more. This is widely regarded as the best season.

2018 brought the end to God and the start of the dubbed version of God, known as Beyblade Burst Evolution. In Japan the next series started known as Beyblade Burst Chouzetsu. These beys were a bit more simple, however included metal on the layers, paying homage to the previous metal generation. The manga for this series was great, however the anime is widely regarded as the worst season. We ddi get some good gimmicks here, such as a jumping bey, an evolution to fafnir, and multiple beys with mechanism that makes blades pop out of their layer, and also putting a thing that helps prevent busting at the same time.

In 2019 Chouzetsu ended, and the dub started This is called Beyblade Burst Turbo. The next series started known as Beyblade burst GT in Japan. This is the first series to implement 10 minute episodes, as well as being YouTube exclusive to watch it easier. They were just starting the 10 minute episodes so the pacing was off and it was pretty rushed, however overall an enjoyable watch that got better each episode. The manga was done very well. And the beys for this season used a 3 part layer: One part was the chip, another part was the metal weight, and the last part the ring.

In 2020 GT ended and the dub for it known as Beyblade Burst Rise started. The new season started in Japan, known as beyblade Burst Sparking. This season has a new system with it as well. Its a bit complicated, but goes like this: So we have the ring and chip like before, however we also have the chassis. Single chassis clips on to the ring and provides the weight for the layer, but double cassis is essentially a beefed up disc that clips onto the layer, acting  as a weight, attack and defense, and well as a disc. So far the anime is regarded as pretty good, with the manga being great currently.  We still have a bunch of this season left though.

EDIT: Forgot to add that with each dub of each series, came a different version of the beys previously released in Japan. These are usually really or good or really bad, however the rise ones have been pretty ok.

You rock man. Great info.

How different is hasbro from TT really? All the hyperspehere tips look the same imo.