[Unanswered]  Best way to remove paint off of plastic gen

Hey guys I bought a lot of beyparts and some of them have paint on them, what’s the best way to remove that paint?
(Dec. 31, 2020  8:44 AM)Megaman053 Wrote: Hey guys I bought a lot of beyparts and some of them have paint on them, what’s the best way to remove that paint?

I use Goof Off paint stripper. Take a piece of cardboard or something of the like outside, squirt Goof Off on one side of your parts, wait a bit, then squirt some on the other sides. The paint should peel up a lot, then you should be able to get it all off with a stiff brush, kind of like a toothbrush. I typically will soak them in paint thinner/turpentine for a good while to remove all the little fleks of paint that I missed and neutralize the paint stripper's solvent qualities, and then I wash the parts off, scrubbing thoroughly with dish soap.

Bonus: If you're removing paint from Fusion Wheels, they'll be kind of opaque and gritty afterwards. The solution to this (as well as a very similar problem caused by age) is wadding polish, my preferred brand being Eagle One Nevr Dull. Hand-buff your wheels with the stuff, wipe 'em off with a paper towel, and they'll look even better than when they were brand new! It works on forge discs from plastoc gen and Burst, too!
What about just using turpentine?

(Jan. 04, 2021  4:16 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  8:44 AM)Megaman053 Wrote: Hey guys I bought a lot of beyparts and some of them have paint on them, what’s the best way to remove that paint?

I use Goof Off paint stripper. Take a piece of cardboard or something of the like outside, squirt Goof Off on one side of your parts, wait a bit, then squirt some on the other sides. The paint should peel up a lot, then you should be able to get it all off with a stiff brush, kind of like a toothbrush. I typically will soak them in paint thinner/turpentine for a good while to remove all the little fleks of paint that I missed and neutralize the paint stripper's solvent qualities, and then I wash the parts off, scrubbing thoroughly with dish soap.

Bonus: If you're removing paint from Fusion Wheels, they'll be kind of opaque and gritty afterwards. The solution to this (as well as a very similar problem caused by age) is wadding polish, my preferred brand being Eagle One Nevr Dull. Hand-buff your wheels with the stuff, wipe 'em off with a paper towel, and they'll look even better than when they were brand new! It works on forge discs from plastoc gen and Burst, too!

What about just turpentine?
(Jan. 06, 2021  11:54 PM)Megaman053 Wrote: What about just turpentine?

Eh, you wouldn't get nearly as good of a result
(Jan. 07, 2021  1:37 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote:
(Jan. 06, 2021  11:54 PM)Megaman053 Wrote: What about just turpentine?

Eh, you wouldn't get nearly as good of a result
How about goobegone?
(Jan. 08, 2021  6:14 AM)Megaman053 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2021  1:37 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote: Eh, you wouldn't get nearly as good of a result
How about goobegone?

That'll just make them smell like dying ants
(Jan. 08, 2021  4:30 PM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2021  6:14 AM)Megaman053 Wrote: How about goobegone?

That'll just make them smell like dying ants
I used rubbing alcohol it’s super effective